Back to Chemicals and Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chemicals and Health by Johns Hopkins University

This course covers chemicals in our environment and in our bodies and how they impact our health. It addresses policies and practices related to chemicals, particularly related to how they get into our bodies (exposures), what they do when they get there (toxicology), how we measure them (biomonitoring) and their impact on our health. Most examples are drawn from the US....

Jul 21, 2020

All the videos had experts explaining the complexities associated with chemicals at all levels eloquently and wonderfully compiled information. This course has utilized my time really well.

CR
Jun 11, 2020

Excellent way of presenting the material.\n\nSimple to understand.\n\nBut one suggestion: videos are little lengthier, you may plz look into making shorter videos as tge content is in-depth

26 - 50 of 219 Reviews for Chemicals and Health

By Ratih W

Aug 16, 2020

This course good for someone who want to know about basic theory how chemical can affect our body, especially for public health POV. Hope in the future John Hopkins Uni can delivered chemical & health online course specific from Industrial Hygiene perspective. Overall, I really enjoy participated in this course.

By Manoj K K

Sep 12, 2020

Compare to previous learned courses it was little bit tough as we should submit answers and will be verified by others students. Also we should verify the same for other two students too. So without well study it is very difficult to do. As it related to Chemicals & toxins, it was an interesting one.

By KARTHIKA G

Sep 15, 2020

I truly enjoyed taking this course. Especially useful for students who want to understand the very basis to Toxicology and Risk Assessment processes carried for Public health Safety. The case studies mentioned were particularly useful for understanding the concepts in a holistic approach.

By Mohammed A J

Jul 25, 2020

Very interesting online course. Although, I know many of this information I have learnt much different information particularly on the nanotechnology and its occupational health impact, water treatment, arsenic in our food and many others. Thank you very much.

By Rene M M C

Aug 5, 2020

excelente curso, comienza de una manera muy básica para que todos nos encontremos en la misma pagina, para así ir aumentando la complejidad poco a poco hasta lograr tener un entendimiento científico general que nos ayuda de manera cociente en el futuro

By Paramveer S

Jul 7, 2020

Thank you for being my guiding light, for providing me, appropriate stuff regarding my chosen course and for making me aware about that particular topic chemicals and health I am extremely thankful for everything that you do.

Thanks and regards

By Siddhi S

May 12, 2020

This course CHEMICALS AND HEALTH is very interesting to know more about chemicals, their advantages or disadvantages, to know more about health and their relation with chemicals and environment. Overall this course is very good👍.

By MARIA F C D P G

Jul 6, 2020

This course is incredible, it is practical and dynamic

The readings are very understandable and the activities are linked to everything seen in the course.

I am very satisfied at the end of this course, I highly recommend it

By Deborah S

Aug 16, 2020

It was very expository!

A necessity for everyone, to include those who are not science-oriented.

The knowledge embedded in this course is a step closer to achieving peaceful coexistence between man and his environment.

By Oi Y C N

Aug 24, 2020

This course is very useful and interesting. It tells me a lot on toxicology and different environmental assessments, making me to learn more. I am glad that i have taken this course to broaden up my horizons.

By kathleen c

Aug 23, 2020

Informative course! Coloured some black and white concepts I had on the way chemical exposure impact people. Great instructors, timely presentations. Thank you, I have benefited from taking this course!

By basem s i

Nov 13, 2020

thanks for this course , really It changed my point of view regarding chemicals and make me more aware about what are chemicals and what is their role in our life ..... thanks once again

By Madeline I

Aug 19, 2020

Very educational and helpful in toxicology and the study of chemicals. It also gave in depth of certain examples of chemicals in a positive and negative light that we face on the daily.

By Roopashree B

Oct 22, 2020

Very resourceful. Gained the knowledge on hazards of chemical exposure and importance of biomonitoring for public health. Thanks to resource persons for the wonderful explanation.

By Ayesha R

Sep 22, 2020

This course is really good. The lectures are precise and nicely explained. From this course I gained knowledge about toxicity of chemicals, impact of chemicals to human health etc.

By Seemesh B

Jul 27, 2020

Very useful and important course that every one must enroll and get benefited from. It helped me a lot. The course instructors can suggest some recent articles for general reading.

By Elysa

Aug 18, 2020

O curso é ótimo e bem organizado. Sou da área da saúde e como tenho familiaridade com o tema, o curso pode me oferecer conhecimentos além do que conheço no meu país.

By Carlos E d S J

Jun 1, 2020

great course, had an amazing experience to share knowledge among the community that it has, shows good proposes about chemicals in dailylife and the impacts it has.

By Mariana V d A C

Aug 13, 2020

Very interesting and educational. The lectures were divided into smaller ones so it didn't feel like a lot of time was spent watching the lectures, which was good!

By Panagiotis T

Aug 26, 2020

I believe that this course is one of the most interesting courses in Coursera. It helped me a lot and the knowledge that i gained will be useful for my job.

By Shashi R

Jun 17, 2020

it was amazing being part of very informative course. Thanks to Coursera, experts and course coordinators for insightful and enlightening course content

By Balasubramanian

Jul 17, 2020

without studying the course i cant understand the chemicals but now the chemicals are present in everywhere.how to handle the risk management system

By Aie G

May 23, 2019

Excellent introduction to toxicology. The normative part is focused on the U.S. system but nonetheless it is a very useful and relevant course.

By Thennakoon M D D

Aug 18, 2020

EXCELLENT course!!!!I have gained very informative knowledge.I would like to thank all the lecturers in this course and thank you coursera.

By Daniela D F

Nov 9, 2017

Excellent course with great background in toxicology, risk assessment and explains the new TSCA (American legislation on chemicals)