Back to Chemicals and Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chemicals and Health by Johns Hopkins University

This course covers chemicals in our environment and in our bodies and how they impact our health. It addresses policies and practices related to chemicals, particularly related to how they get into our bodies (exposures), what they do when they get there (toxicology), how we measure them (biomonitoring) and their impact on our health. Most examples are drawn from the US....

BB
Sep 4, 2020

All the videos had experts explaining the complexities associated with chemicals at all levels eloquently and wonderfully compiled information. This course has utilized my time really well.

Jul 21, 2020

Sep 14, 2020

nice

By Souhardya G

Aug 21, 2020

good

By Ajit S N

Jul 27, 2020

best

By Mona A A

Jul 4, 2020

GOOD

By MD. M R

Nov 26, 2019

wow!

By Yu L

Jan 2, 2018

good

By Akshay

Aug 13, 2020

❤️

By VIKAS S M

Oct 23, 2020

By Niki P

G

By Jack P

Nov 5, 2020

I might have to shift to public health after attending this course ;-)

I like that the subjects really fit "beginners"; how it tried to explain the information as simple as possible as I could just imagine those without background in hard science to comprehend some details. The lecturers were all credible and gave their best to explain topics in the most comprehensive way. My 1 missing star goes to the kinda' outdated information presented in most of the discussions. Some go back as far as 2000s. The course might need some refreshing or revision to be updated.

By Ma. A T

Nov 21, 2020

Very informative course! I recommend that you review your peer review method. The answers to the last requirement (demonstrate what you've learned) are quite objective, with the correct answers flashed to compare with the learner's answers. My answers reflected the correct answers but the reviewers gave very low marks. i don't understand why. Who evaluates your reviewers in this case?

By Alessandro B

Feb 9, 2020

Interesting course, well structured, easy to follow even for non-native speakers.

I do not give 5 stars as it is too much centered on U.S. reality. I would suggest to introduce also some example coming from the European community. For example Reach regulation, Echa, EFSA activities would deserve some space in this course.

Any idea for an advanced level?

By 3015 H P

Sep 6, 2020

This course actually gave an idea about how are we exposed to chemicals and the health effects too .this course stuffed some knowledge about the environmental health effects but those survey part revolved around America. if it was a world survey, it could have been interesting. Overall it's good.

By Amartya M

Oct 28, 2020

I am really grateful to have joined this course. I am a Chemical Engineering student and I learnt how chemicals can affect our environment and our physiologies either in a positive or in a negative way; and what should be our approach as a member of the society.

By Agni L R

Apr 24, 2020

Siento que debió de haber más temas científicos, relacionados en la interacción de los químicos y el cuerpo humano. De igual manera creo que el sistema para evaluar no es tan eficiente; las calificaciones y las preguntas son un tanto subjetivas.

By Paula C S

Mar 25, 2020

I have found the course really useful to understand better the impact of chemicals on health, either harmful and beneficial. I now have a clearer idea of the exposure to chemicals and the importance of law regulations to control health outcomes.

By Meghna M

May 12, 2020

This course helped me realise how we all our exposed to harmful chemicals everyday. It provided a lot of content regarding what happens when toxins reach the body. This course was very informative and helpful

By A M M H

May 13, 2020

Very interesting and there is a lot of sources to attain new knowledge about chemical management and public health-related to those chemicals

By Navarrete J F

Sep 3, 2020

I found this course useful since it addresses such an important topic that requires reliable information and educated people on this issue.

By siva r

Oct 1, 2020

I have learned many things in this course. It is not only useful for academics but also for daily life. thank you.

By Fathima K

Jul 11, 2020

THE COURSE WAS REALLY INFORMATIVE AND ALL THE TOPICS WERE EXPLAINED IN A SIMPLE MANNER. ENJOYED THE COURSE.

By Robyn K

May 14, 2020

Loved the course, great lecturers, however found the platform hard to navigate