Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

FR
Feb 24, 2020

Truly interdisciplinary course with rich content, and reasonable depth, based upon team work of faculty. I am even recommend my 15 year child to study it and know about her responsibilities and rights

SD
Jan 30, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

101 - 125 of 397 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By Irin J M

Jul 30, 2020

Here I enjoyed the course. The assignment part was awesome. I like it.And I can get more information about children Human rights. Excellent. Thank you.

By DR I O

Oct 3, 2020

I like the depth of the course: wide coverage of topics and the experts on board. Thank you for creating a course such as this.

Dr Iyabode Ogunniran

By Naomi K M

Jun 18, 2020

it was the perfect course for me to upskill during the lock down since am also hoping to major in children human rights and also work with children

By Swastik M

May 15, 2020

This is a great course on Child Rights as different aspects of the topics have been covered within a short time making the course very interesting.

By Ihor K

Jun 19, 2017

This course is very comprehensive and inspiring. Many professionals involved in it, so you can understand its interdisciplinary character in full.

By Beth S K

Oct 2, 2019

The first time doing an online course. This was interesting and the best course I have ever done. Thank you so much for giving me this chance.

By Denitsa M

Apr 29, 2018

Covering very prevalent topics on the field of child protection. Not time consuming at all. Very well structured with many practical examples.

By Silvia A D

Jan 27, 2018

Un curso muy interesante, especialmente por abarcar muchos temas, y por la variedad y alto nivel de sus ponentes. Me resultó muy enriquecedor

By Esther C

Aug 27, 2020

This gives so much information on international laws, just at the Beginners level. I am so avid to learn more about Children's Human Rights!

By Pedro G d M D

Jul 23, 2020

Um curso com informações valiosas para qualquer estudante de áreas relacionadas ao assunto tratado no curso. Completamente enriquecedor.

By Fadime B

Jan 6, 2018

I learned very useful information on this course as a teacher. Everyone who working with children must know about children human rights.

By Katerina T

Mar 31, 2021

It was a very nice experience. I gained more knowledge on child's issues and the course was perfectly organized. Totally recommended :)

By Natalie i

Sep 2, 2019

Very informative.......i enjoyed getting insights on some important issues concerning children.....am excited about the accomplishment.

By Hamze H

Nov 3, 2020

it was great resourceful course which will help my academic and work capacity and build comfortable and safe environment for the child

By Situ s

Jun 29, 2019

I find it very helpful to understand the children psychology. and many other things that will help you to get the children's feelings.

By VOLIA F

Dec 31, 2017

This course was very interesting. I recommand it to all of you. Everybody should to know that Children have rights like adults people.

By Lorraine S

Jul 7, 2020

The course was very thoroughly explained and very educative. I enjoyed every lecture. I gained enough knowledge for my next career.

By Shariful I

It's really an amazing course. I am really thankful to the team for providing us with this incredibly fantastic learning experience.

By Munther M B E

Sep 21, 2020

THE COURSE WAS VERY USEFUL, i learned a lot from it and i discovered many facts about violations and discrimination against women.

By Marcela V

Jul 2, 2019

Excellent course, I loved every section, clearly explained. I actually consulted other sources just to learn more about each topic.

By Tabitha E S

Oct 1, 2020

Enjoyed the course. I wished I knew about it last year when I was studying for the subjects for my Master in Criminal Justice.

By Indrė K

Oct 5, 2017

Very useful basic background for people interested in Children's Rights opening the way to deepen the knowledge in this area

By Zoya C

Apr 29, 2020

Course is well organized. Anyone with zero knowledge on Children Rights can best out of here. In a nut shell, its worth it.

By MADHUPARNA R

Apr 13, 2020

It is an extremely informative and well made course. I thank Coursera and University of Geneva for such a wonderful course.

By Ndabula C C

Jul 20, 2019

Wow! I love this course. It was broken down for easy understanding and encompasses almost every aspect of children's rights