Back to Managing Employee Compensation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Employee Compensation by University of Minnesota

Whether you're writing paychecks or wondering where yours comes from, this course is for you! We begin by asking: "To succeed, what kind of a person does your organization need to attract, retain, and motivate?" From there, we'll explain how to align your organization's objectives, its pay philosophy, and ultimately the way it designs and implements its salary structure, short-term incentives, long-term incentives, and benefits. Interested in learning more about the technical aspects of compensation, but don't know where to begin? We'll give an overview of key the key technical skills: compliance with pay regulations, understanding stock options, shopping for health insurance and pension providers, and designing incentive plans. Lastly, we'll discuss non-monetary methods of motivating employees. Upon completing the course, you should be able to have an understanding of compensation both strategically and technically. Learners will also gain introductory familiarity with pay regulation in the US....

KM
Apr 22, 2019

This is a very useful course for any HR professional who wants to have an overview on Employee Compensation and Benefits. Thanks for detailed and thought- through lectures and the great opportunity.

S
May 7, 2020

Both the professors were amazing! However, I would like to point out that since everyone undertaking this course is from the USA, it's better to skip out on the portion about US Law and compliance.

51 - 75 of 354 Reviews for Managing Employee Compensation

By pothula a v

Apr 10, 2017

This course has helped me to understand various aspects of compensation management it is a very great course and it provides very good insights about the topics related to compensation.

By minakshi p

Jul 15, 2019

I'm impressed with content of course and teachers, they made it so simple to understand everything. Knowledge I gained through course is going to be great for my future endeavor.

By Shaun D

Jul 24, 2016

An engaging introduction to employee compensation, both monetary and non-monetary. Very useful for participants from other HR backgrounds looking to fill gaps in their knowledge.

By Kasuntha M

Nov 27, 2020

Great course to learn about the employee compensation so as to get their motivation. I highly recommend this course. Thank you all for the immense support throughout the course.

By Manoj D

May 22, 2020

The course provides a holistic knowledge of every aspect of compensation and benefits. By doing this course, I got the necessary insights related to Total Rewards concept.

By PASCHIMA S

Jul 13, 2020

I Really liked this course. Everything is explained clearly, there is clarity in subject knowledge. I love Mike Davis's way of teaching.

Looking forward for more classes.

By Yasumoto K

Jun 7, 2020

I was able to get knowledge for managing compensations deeply.If you'd like organize your understanding for compensation package, this program would help you definitely.

By Lizzie G

Apr 29, 2020

I loved this course! I am an HR Recruiter and was looking to learn more about other areas of HR. I learned a ton and am very excited to share my knowledge with others.

By yasir a

Oct 29, 2016

Excellent course! The learning design is very simple and engaging. I would recommend it to anybody who wants to build a solid foundation in compensation and benefits.

By Igor H I

Dec 1, 2016

Very helpfull for those HR partners not linked to C&B and very usefull for HR Generalist which need this including to be promoted or transfered into an organization.

By AMANDA J

Oct 13, 2020

I would be much grateful to all who rendered their utmost support to make this course a success. The lessons were very informative and clear. Best online HR course!

By Tran T D

Jul 14, 2018

Great course for all whom want to develop your management about employee compensation. I like non-monetary reward part which help you can create culture of working

By Cassandra G

Jun 25, 2017

This didn't seem like the most exciting course to me, but I'm so glad I invested the time to take it, as the material was very applicable to real-life situations.

By Candice T

Dec 3, 2021

Practical information, enjoyed the real life examples. A bit challenging to understand the calculations for salary and pension packages, but that is just me :-)

By Nisha Y

Apr 17, 2020

It was a very helpful course and very good speakers were there who has covered all the points with good examples and made it easy for everyone to understand.

By Hussain Z

Jul 27, 2020

Very well structured course on compensation and benefit management. Interesting lectures and relatable scenarios. learning experience was more practical.

By Yasser H

Jul 21, 2021

Thank you so much from my heart for every knowledge I gained in this nice course. and I am looking for more learning from Alan Benson and Mike Davis :)

By Chinwe O

Dec 15, 2019

I got a good understanding of employee compensation, the pay mix and how to use this as a tool to attract, retain and motivate a company's ideal staff.

By VELUGU S

May 4, 2020

this course gives us practical knowledge and it is really helpful. assignments are quite interesting to do, and review process is quite interesting

By Prompiriya P

Jul 24, 2020

Amazingly informative and useful for future research. Both professors have a compelling way of presentation that draw me in throughout the course.

By Loc D

Apr 23, 2020

Great course! Thank you Alan and Mike for your great lecture. I enjoy taking your course and advancing my knowledge in Compensation and Benefits.

By Bao H

Oct 16, 2020

This is definitely a great overview of the multiple functions within HR. I have a better understanding of what it takes to be a people manager.

By Amrita N

Jan 14, 2019

Compensation and Benefits

I learned all the details part in this course , by this i enhance my domain and its beneficial for my career growth

By Wrennecia T

Oct 26, 2018

Very educational and informative course which works in collaboration with the others. Great professor as well who made it easy to understand.

By Betty O

Jun 28, 2018

The course provided good insight into things and reasons why considerations should be made in developing compensation structures and packages.