Back to Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases by University of Pennsylvania

This course offers an introduction to the U.S. Constitution and landmark Supreme Court cases interpreting it. It explores the Constitution’s origins, its amendment over the years, and methods of constitutional interpretation. Topics include the nature and structure of the federal government, the powers of the federal government, and individual rights....

GS
Jun 20, 2020

This course was very didactic and easy to understand. I liked the way that the different theories about each subject were presented, allowing me to build my own opinion and perspective on each matter.

SJ
Jul 21, 2017

Professor does a great job and in explaining the complexities. He does not take any partisan stand and does a great job and giving prominence to all sides of the argument. Enjoyed the course throughly

101 - 125 of 294 Reviews for Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

By Nicholas C

Jul 1, 2019

I enjoyed the class. It was very informative. I enjoyed watching the lectures. The professor's lectures were well thought out and actually filmed well.

By Elizabeth M

Oct 18, 2021

This course completely covered the content I expected to be introduced to regarding the Constitutional concepts that we should all hold in our review.

By Lori R

Nov 12, 2017

This course gives a good overview of Constitutional topics and covers some recent decisions as well. It is very informative and well worth your time.

By Sandy F

Dec 30, 2020

Professor Roosevelt gave a very concise and interesting course presentation. The course was very well organized and I appreciated the videos as well.

By Brenda V V C

Apr 19, 2021

The course is wonderful! I learned a lot in the last month. It was an incredible experience and a great learning experience. Lots of shared wisdom!

By João P d L R

May 16, 2020

The course is very good, the teacher is very didactic and tries to pass the content in a very updated way, I thank Coursera for this course so cool

By Katie C

Apr 27, 2020

Fabulous course to review key constitutional concepts. Enjoyed the lectures, perfect length to listen to while on walks, cooking, cleaning, etc :)

By Janice C

Oct 5, 2019

The Presenter was excellent. I wanted an overview of the US constitutional concepts and this was so easy to understand. Excellent set of lectures.

By Jonathan P

Mar 4, 2019

Very good intro/overview course. The supplementary materials and resources supplied via the course are a good jumping off point for further study.

By D L Z

Mar 25, 2018

Excellent course. Very well taught. A good course for those who are not familiar with the United States Constitution as it explains everything.

By Sonya R H G

Apr 25, 2019

I enjoyed this course. The course described and gave details about our Constitution and its contributions to Equal Protection and Human Rights.

By Rachel G

Jun 26, 2020

I was impressed with Professor Kermit Roosevelt's knowledge and brief, yet, descriptive lectures on important aspects of our Constitution.

By ANA C F F

Excellent. I am grateful. Studying this course was enjoyable, easy and interesting. You make it very simple and profound at the same time.

By Scott L

Nov 26, 2017

Outstanding review of the Constitution, the Amendments, and key cases and examples that bring each into clear view. Really great course.

By Matheus C d R

Apr 22, 2021

Excelente, muito boa didática, tópicos interessantes e enfim.. muito bom para refletir sobre o sistema constitucional em outros países.

By Nick P

Aug 10, 2020

Good content, easily digestable. Some bias and self promotion by course instructor, but doesn't detract from the information presented.

By David G

Dec 23, 2020

Professor Roosevelt is very interesting and presents a view that is different from the mainstream

view. He is also very intelligent.

By josie s

Apr 13, 2021

Excellent class and excellent professor. I learned so much and now feel ready to debate anyone on the issues of the Constitution!

By Peter C S

Jun 2, 2020

Practical to the point course, well taught and well laid out. Expect to learn a lot. Excellent course valuable in todayys world.

By Hannah B

Aug 15, 2017

It was both informative and impartial. Different sides and views were represented fairly, and I was interested in the material.

By Margaret A M

Nov 9, 2020

This was a great course. I would recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about the Constitution and Bill of Rights

By Derrick L

Sep 6, 2021

L​ike the title of the class title, it covers a rich about of key concepts and Supreme Court cases in a short amount of time.

By Richard

Dec 14, 2021

T​he course content was well organized, clearly communicated, intersting, and timely to the issues that we are facing today.

By Jean R

Mar 22, 2017

This class open my eyes. I am grateful to have been able to learn about the laws. The professor makes the class interesting.