Back to Construction Cost Estimating and Cost Control

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Construction Cost Estimating and Cost Control by Columbia University

This course introduces the types of cost estimation from the conceptual design phase through the more detailed design phase of a construction project. In addition, the course highlights the importance of controlling costs and how to monitor project cash flow. Students will work on a break-even analysis of construction tasks in a project....

AS

Dec 16, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed the detailed explanations provided by Professor Odeh and the professionals from Turner & Townsend. My most favourite part was the lectures of Sam Spata and Ben Miller.

VG

Feb 01, 2019

Very interesting course with substantial and important information and knowledge to get you familiar with cost estimating and cost control. Very practical and close to reality examples.

26 - 50 of 229 Reviews for Construction Cost Estimating and Cost Control

By ANA L E J

May 24, 2019

Buen curso, me gustaría recibir retroalimentaciòn o hacer preguntas a los profesores, que tuviera material para descargar y mas tareas, tambièn que profundice mas en algunos temas, pero en general es un excelente curso que me ha hecho decidir a tomar educaciòn formal en el tema.

By Kaustubh K B

Sep 19, 2019

A huge information disintegrated part by part with a thorough sense of construction technique and knowledge. I would like to thank all Lecturers for enlightening us with the precious knowledge and making it simple for us to grasp it and implement in our careers..

By Bishoy G G A

May 26, 2019

It was a very helpful and dynamic course which contained many useful knowledges regarding cost estimation and cost control aspects. I gained many important information that will help me a lot.

I would like to say thanks to Coursera and to my Instructors.

By shahid a

Apr 02, 2018

I am feeling honour and prestige to get this interesting and knowledgeable course . The course was complete and properly organized and arranged with justified course content, modules, slides, videos, text, assignments , suggestion and quiz sections.

By Vikas M

May 18, 2019

I learned a lot about estimating and cost control. I liked the 5D Cost Estimating concept. I liked the use of Lean in Estimating and Cost Control. The presentation on Program Cost Control was very good and all the presentations were very good.

By Abdirahman A M

Mar 23, 2020

This is world class Course led by key experts who have high knowledge and experience in the construction Industry. This course is suitable to anyone who want to have enough knowledge in the field of Construction cost estimation.

By Paul S

Feb 04, 2019

This course was really interesting for me to get an understanding on the various tools and methods for making estimations, the degrees of design, how quantity take off is done and how finance is managed in projects and programs.

By Terron J D

Jun 13, 2019

Excellent course on Cost Estimating and Cost Control! Learn new techniques and also resharpen existing knowledge on budgeting, procurement and earned value model. The S-Curve and the Lean method were the biggest takeaways.

By John M A M

Apr 27, 2018

The module is very detailed that you tend to research more on the topics being discussed. As a quantity surveyor, this is very helpful especially if you are still in your junior years. The speakers speak very clearly.

By Jim N

Excellent course. The only problem is the low resolution video makes it impossible to read the drawing board, particularly when the presenter writes small. Please release in higher resolution and/or write bigger.

By Ajay S

Dec 16, 2017

By Vyron G

Feb 01, 2019

By Andre M

May 06, 2020

great class. I learned a lot of valuable information. I am looking to make a career change and I hope this online learning course will aid me significantly in making a career switch.

By Suyog P

Jun 18, 2018

One of the important course in specializations. Many useful tools can be found in this course which are used in construction industry and project management.

By Edú J C H

Aug 22, 2018

Excellent course of Costs, is a great scope of how to efficiently control the money and establish parameters of help when developing constructions of works.

By Muthuvijayan

Apr 18, 2020

Excellent professional teaching and it was immense of good experience which I gained in our Colombia University...Heartfelt thanks for the entire team

By Elizabeth H

Aug 23, 2018

Plenty of useful tools and techniques are taught in this course. This is one of the most useful of the specialisation for construction management

By Sinan J H

Feb 07, 2019

It is a very good course explain every thing in details. I think explaining the Lean in more details with application could be more useful.

By Ahmad A

Apr 13, 2020

It is a wonderful course, I recommend this course to a construction engineering student. this course is very useful for financing part.

By Eric Y

Apr 13, 2020

This specialisation helped me gain more knowledge across construction cost estimating and gave me a good understanding what a QS does.

By Mario C N

Feb 03, 2020

Great content!!! It's really worth it. Really relevant knowledge brought by reference teachers in the construction industry.

By Tolulope D A

Oct 21, 2019

I know possess greater insight as regards cost estimating and control right from the comfort of my room.

Thanks Prof Odeh.

By Anna S

Nov 23, 2019

Very good course for repeade basic knowledge in contruction cost estimate and to know new tools in cost contollling.

By mark a s

Nov 14, 2017

I really like the learning experience. More of the section are easy to understand as well as the method of teaching

By Derry F P

May 17, 2018

Amazing Course for you who wants to be a master in Project or Construction Management! Thanks for the Nice Share