Back to Copyright for Educators & Librarians

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Copyright for Educators & Librarians by Duke University

Fear and uncertainty about copyright law often plagues educators and sometimes prevents creative teaching. This course is a professional development opportunity designed to provide a basic introduction to US copyright law and to empower teachers and librarians at all grade levels. Course participants will discover that the law is designed to help educators and librarians....

CB
Nov 11, 2016

Very informative course presented by knowledgeable instructors. Gained a greater appreciation for the pros and cons of copyright, in addition to a respect for the complexity and nuance in this area.

SK
Apr 13, 2018

I wish I had taken this course at the very beginning of my graduate studies. I learned so much that would have been useful during my long journey from graduate student, to professor, to archivist.

26 - 50 of 139 Reviews for Copyright for Educators & Librarians

By Abdullah A

Aug 17, 2018

Emails from Coursera

I want to receive the following:

Personalized course recommendations, including new and upcoming courses

Offers and promotions on Coursera

Information about helping us improve Coursera content, including surveys, beta-testing and becoming a course mentor

By Rahul R

Apr 13, 2020

Well explained! It has a lot of insights into real-life examples. Also, links to the actual law. How cool is that? Though I am from India, this will help me look closer into our own laws surrounding copyrights, especially for music creators, Thank you for this experience.

By Troy T

Aug 15, 2015

This course does a great job laying the foundations of a very complicated legal world of digital and other media with repect to what consitutes fair and legal use, verses what is inappropraite use.

A Must Take Course for every student who uses the internet.

By Claudia M

Aug 1, 2017

Great introduction to copyright law. The course gives you an overview of how copyright operates in the US and internationally. The materials are a fine balance between succinct and comprehensive. The course was engagingly presented.

By Aryssa D

Apr 19, 2020

A good review of copyright especially for educators, though librarians also to a degree. You'll cover a lot of ground, but it's very digestible and useful. I loved the quizzes and thought they provided unique, real-world insight.

By J A S

Mar 25, 2020

I found the information and format to be easy to follow and useful. I rely on the Fair Use questions all the time now to guide my patrons, students, and teachers in their choices.

Thanks for putting together a great course.

By Chetan H M

Sep 21, 2020

This course has helped me understand the intricacies and nuances of Copyright law. Appreciate the efforts of the Course Instructors in providing informative videos too. Highly recommended course for Librarians and Educators.

By Vinay K C

Aug 7, 2015

This course offers the most easy and informative way of understanding copyright laws. Though the course appears to focus more on the US Law, the instructors actually offer a guiding framework that can be used globally.

By Esther

Jun 21, 2020

I worked in an academic library managing course reserves for a couple of years. This class was a great refresher on what I learned during that time. I deepened my knowledge of the subject matter and enjoyed myself.

By Rachel P D

Mar 29, 2017

Excellent course, wonderful links to references that will be extremely important even after the class completes. Would like a disclaimer that this class should be taken BEFORE the Copyright for Multimedia class.

By Chia C L

Sep 15, 2020

thank you for offering this course. As an educator, I have to use a lot of data and factual content in my teaching. it is very useful. But it is really quite a lot and i would need to revisit for some sections.

By Bibin S

Jun 19, 2020

It is extremely pressure to have received this course to achieve learning and developing my career through the knowledge given from this course section..Thank you and feeling in the course was an insight..

By Jessica B

This course was very informative. The professors were even-toned and easy to follow along; they were engaged in what they discussed and I felt like I got a lot out of their lectures and the support-readings.

By Chad B

Nov 12, 2016

By Susan K

Apr 14, 2018

By David R

May 30, 2019

Absolutely great training for librarians and archivists! As a librarian I left the course feeling confident in making decisions and with plenty of tools to address practical problems in my work.

By Ntombikayise M

Aug 9, 2020

This was eye opening and a very informative course for things to mind in terms of copyrighted materials and teaching! I loved the course! Thanks so much to the facilitators! AWESOME Indeed!

By Barbara D

Aug 30, 2020

It is a very good introduction to copyright and fair use. I run a K-12 library and fair use issues come up often. The course has helped me better understand fair use and how to apply it.

By Anna S

Apr 25, 2020

I felt the material was presented very clearly and I found the supplemental information valuable. I feel much more confident in making decisions about copyright materials. Thanks!

By ANOOP K

Nov 30, 2019

The course was taught very well. Thanks, it settled a lot of doubts and misconceptions that I had regarding copyright issues. This course is a must for every for every teacher.

By Vinod V M

Apr 3, 2020

Examples and cases discussed during the lectures helped to conceive idea easily.

Duration of the videos were perfect

Quiz at the end of each module could have been better.

By Timothy H

Feb 3, 2020

Excellent overview and analysis of a complicated topic. I found the presentations easy to follow, and the way the material was divided up into lessons was appropriate.

By NIHAD F M K

Aug 4, 2020

Well organized course and lot of live cases discussed. Thanks to the instructors who teaches with many personal experiences gives an insight to this course

By Evelyn M F

Aug 22, 2019

It's the most complete, didactic, updated and good that I have taked online, it has been onderful to take it because Ihave enriched my knowledge enough.

By Betsy F

Sep 18, 2020

Excellent course that helps break copyright law down. It also gives clear examples of how copyright law is applicable in the classroom and the library.