Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Setting and Description

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Writing: The Craft of Setting and Description by Wesleyan University

In this course aspiring writers will be introduced to the techniques that masters of fiction use to ground a story in a concrete world. From the most realist settings to the most fantastical, writers will learn how to describe the physical world in sharp, sensory detail. We will also learn how to build credibility through research, and to use creative meditation exercises to deepen our own understanding of our story worlds, so that our readers can see all that we imagine....

EG
Jul 1, 2020

Great course, it taught me things that I would have never learned otherwise, in this course you must take your time, don't rush, because if you do you will miss the most important points of the curse.

BM
Jan 19, 2021

This was such a wonderful course. I got to learn a lot about strange lands, imaginative description etc. Generally how to set my world and describe it in a convincing manner. I totally recommend it.

176 - 200 of 331 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Setting and Description

By Amanda C

Sep 13, 2016

A great course to get you thinking about the what and where of your story. I highly recommend this course.

By Atharva D N

Jun 28, 2020

The course was very interesting and very helpful. I learned so many things in this course, thanks a lot.

By Jamie M

Feb 28, 2018

Fantastic course! I learned a lot about setting and the assignments were well-thought out for learning!

By Karena A

Mar 26, 2019

THis course showed a different perspective of writing fiction than what I have done in the past. Nice.

By Chibuenyim A B

Nov 29, 2020

This course has taught me so much. I can say that I am a better writer than I was before I enrolled.

By Adam T

Sep 30, 2020

Amity was an excellent teacher and it looks like she really put thought and energy into the lessons.

By Gicela H y G

Sep 11, 2016

An excellent course to help you involve in the art of setting and description. I recommend it 100%

By Rahul S

Dec 31, 2018

It was challenging but an experience and after completing it am sure I have skipped my skills

By Karla E P O

Aug 4, 2020

It was a very helpfull course for me and the improvement of my writing. Thank you very much.

By Rashmi N

Apr 26, 2017

The best parts of this course are faculty as well as the feedback received in peer reviews.

By leena m s

Jul 7, 2017

Amity , i think your the greatest professor ever

you made me fall in love with this course

By Sidharthan K

Oct 24, 2016

The assignments are challenging and fun to do. I feel like my writing has improved a lot!

By Basel

Mar 22, 2016

Wow! This is a real good one! And also the extra literature is waaaaaaay to interesting!!

By Edgar A

Sep 16, 2020

Es un curso muy interactivo, ademas de desarrollar tu imaginación a niveles muy alto .

By Jack H

May 1, 2018

This was an EXCELLENT course and I just e-mailed a driend about it a half an hour ago.

By Michael C

Mar 2, 2016

What a great course. It was accessible, but at the same time challenging. Wonderful!

By Dr. M S K

Jul 13, 2020

wonderful course, the trainer has done her job excellently in presenting the topics

By ABHIRAJ S D

Aug 3, 2018

I have learned so much from this course.And this might be the best of the 5 courses

By Adrienna M

Oct 17, 2018

Really great information, and a good start to learning about the craft of writing.

By Davide P

Oct 22, 2019

The teacher is really really good - one of the best learning experience so far.

By Angel M

Jun 14, 2019

Insightful. A clear and direct approach to the craft of setting and description

By Brian C

Sep 17, 2017

Enjoyed the course. Had to stretch on some of the exercises, a good experience.

By Michael R

Sep 20, 2016

The examples and the assignments are very cleverly thought out. Good teaching!

By Madhu K S

Nov 4, 2018

THis was a short course, I liked it. Assignments were challenging and unique.

By Lori B B (

Nov 29, 2017

This was a very good course. It was a great addition to my writer's tool kit.