Back to Building Database Applications in PHP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Database Applications in PHP by University of Michigan

In this course, we'll look at the object oriented patterns available in PHP. You'll learn how to connect to a MySQL using the Portable Data Objects (PDO) library and issue SQL commands in the the PHP language. We'll also look at how PHP uses cookies and manages session data. You'll learn how PHP avoids double posting data, how flash messages are implemented, and how to use a session to log in users in web applications. We'll then build the first 'complete' application that has multiple screens to Create, Read, Update and Delete (CRUD) our data. This brings all the previous concepts together and will form the basis for all later web applications. It is assumed that learners have already taken the Building Web Applications course in this specialization....

AA
Jun 29, 2018

Awesome course, I think anyone who wants to do web app stuff should try this. Although it would a little difficult to go through the autograder, but believe me, It's worth it. Dedication is the key.

KA
Apr 29, 2020

The best online course I have done. Very thorough and possibly a little bit challenging for begginers. You have to put in some work and follow carefully. Very well made assignments. Thank you!

26 - 50 of 211 Reviews for Building Database Applications in PHP

By Michael S

Nov 29, 2020

This course has put many parts together making it the best part in the specialization.

Dr Chuck did a great job making it easy to understand and apply every part.

Every piece of information included was very helpful and practical.

By Yap K Y

Jul 26, 2020

It state this course for beginners , but actually it for beginners to become expert in the future. I love how the professor teaching me. Very good. and the assignment prepare by them are very mind blowing. thanks alot!!

By Alice L

May 3, 2018

I learned so much about good structure and security in this course! Dr. Chuck is a fantastic instructor, very personable and I've always enjoyed his lectures. I highly recommend Web Applications for Everyone.

By Javier M

Nov 11, 2018

It is a very good course, but at times a bit difficult, since it includes all types of languages such as HTTP, CSS, PHP and SQL. Thank for the TA's invaluable help to get over the most difficult hurdles.

By Cristian F M

Jun 21, 2021

Un curso muy completo, una dificultad más elevada, requirió de bastante retroalimentación de los cursos previos. Estoy muy satisfecho por todo lo que aprendí y sobretodo por lo que voy a llevar a cabo.

By Avnish

Jun 30, 2018

By Kevin N

Jun 18, 2020

Fantastic courses that does a fantastic job of pulling everything together that we learned in the PHP (course 1) and SQL (course 2) courses of the Web Applications for Everyone specialization.

By shihab s

Oct 5, 2020

Help a lot to learn the SESSION, COOKIE, GET, POST. Finally I had earn all the error code meaning. The 302 return code was new to me and I enjoyed the course very much.

By Sarvjeet S

Jul 1, 2020

I'm so Delightful for taking this course, another great course from Dr Chuck. Not to forget the graduation ceremony was lit again. Highly recommend it. Good luck :)

By Hiroki U

Sep 1, 2020

Excellent course for understanding how Web application works.

Explanations were so clear, and it helped me understand about the topics like session,cookie, ...etc .

By Asad J

Aug 28, 2018

One of the best PHP contents I have ever seen. I practiced and learnt a lot. This course gives nudges in the rightful directions. Still have a long way to go.

By Fabio B S D R M

Jul 4, 2018

Very Good Course, Got completely stuck in week 4 for the first time in a long period of courses in coursera and had to work hard to complete the assignment.

By Achraf A

Jan 11, 2018

Excellent course! I recommend it to anyone who want's to learn PHP.

Thank you very much, Charles Severance & the University of Michigan for this course!

By Tautvydas K

Oct 26, 2020

It's so nice to keep learning PHP while the teacher is soooo great! All material is explained in a clear way and really convenient to understand it

By Carl B

May 14, 2018

Well structured course. Really liked the idea of working on one big project but learning new things to improve it. Really good tutorial videos.

By Juan M

Jun 24, 2020

Awesome, I love how Dr. Severance explains and I think this boosted my knowledge and feel more confident of creating better web applications.

By Tom B

Apr 1, 2021

Dr. Chuck rocks! An excellent introduction and that ramps up and provides an opportunity to learn critical skills for business programming.

By Abhishek S

Jul 12, 2020

Can't appreciate Dr.chuck enough for raising my interest in this field even though i am from a completely different branch in Engineering.

By Daisy D

Mar 19, 2018

A very important course for backend web development. Thanks to the professor and teaching staff for making this course so much fun . :)

By Rainer S

Sep 13, 2021

T​his course explains the neccessary foundation and forces the student to work out the details. So we the learn effect is very high.

By jonathan j

Nov 17, 2020

Thank you Dr. Chuck its a very concise lectures on database applications in PHP.That's a really fun graduation.Thank you very much

By Fahim R

May 8, 2020

This course become very helpful to me. Now I've clear concept about PHP sessions and about CRUD application. Highly recommended.

By Matthijs O

Dec 6, 2020

Compared to the preceding courses in the specialization this one costed me much more effort. Very interesting material however.

By Corey W

Jan 7, 2020

This course really helped me fill in all the gaps that being a self taught developer left. Can't wait to continue with others.

By Shubham N

Sep 3, 2019

Best Course For Database using PHP and you will learn a lot using assignments. Thank You sir, For this informative Course.