Back to Data Visualization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Visualization by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Learn the general concepts of data mining along with basic methodologies and applications. Then dive into one subfield in data mining: pattern discovery. Learn in-depth concepts, methods, and applications of pattern discovery in data mining. We will also introduce methods for pattern-based classification and some interesting applications of pattern discovery. This course provides you the opportunity to learn skills and content to practice and engage in scalable pattern discovery methods on massive transactional data, discuss pattern evaluation measures, and study methods for mining diverse kinds of patterns, sequential patterns, and sub-graph patterns....

MK
Apr 5, 2018

Good course, very well structured and with interesting assignments. Some (especially first) lessons are more of a general culture but most are very helpful and allow to learn a lot of things.

GC
Nov 16, 2020

Very useful course. It enlightens my ways to data visualization. I knew some concepts, but in a disorganized way and not knowing how. This course fills these gaps. It is tremendously helpful.

176 - 200 of 283 Reviews for Data Visualization

Oct 4, 2018

Great

By VUSTELA M R

Feb 26, 2021

good

By 221810310038 M S S

Feb 2, 2021

good

By KANDERABOINA M

Jan 29, 2021

good

By Hamreet s

Mar 29, 2019

By Anitha A

Jun 15, 2020

By Qinjian Z

Mar 26, 2020

The course is very helpful for me to learn the concepts and theories behind the data visualization, combining with 2 interesting and relevant assignments to enchance the learning experience.

One thing I found difficult was the instructions in Assignment 2 for non-programmer to perform data visualization, the software might not be available due to the reform of the website, I wish the professor could update the information.

By Cem A

Nov 21, 2016

I think the course is nice in general but I have one comment. I think there is too much information in the course videos and sometimes it is really hard to follow the video if you want to take notes. It would have been much better if the instructor gave some time between the slides for the watchers to digest. He doesn't have to stop but he could slowly go through a set of examples, even 30-60 secs would help.

By Rob W

Aug 6, 2019

Good course overal.

There is quite a mix of high level and very low level detail - e.g how humans percieve data in visuals (interesting and useful) but not down in the detail - other sections on of planar and non-planar graphs and buliding out matrix with signficant detail.

The quizzes and assignments are well balanced between the detail and the high level area.

By Douglas M M

Jul 21, 2019

The course helps us students understand the basics of Data Visualization. It provides additional materials if you want to study more, but I feel it was necessary to provide examples or tutorials to get started with some of the tools necessary to complete the assignments. Less tech savvy students may have problems with this part.

By Klas S

Feb 22, 2018

It's an intro course, so no qualms about that aside from that I missed having some intro d3.js assignments (that could be fully automated).

The peer review system is unfortunately the weakest point of this. I got decent enough grades mind you, but it's sensitive to fluctuations in enrollment in a way that makes me weary.

By Vipul K

Oct 12, 2020

It's a great stepping stone into the world of Data Visualization. A couple of things that I would have liked differently is - more elaborate assignments (seemed quite easy) and more business focus on Data Visualization then going into technical/scientific aspects (human perception was a great insight though)

By Kerux-David L N

Apr 18, 2017

It is worth the cost and effort, but ... four weeks did not provide enough time for the instructor to really demonstrate techniques for achieving the kind of results that are shown. The cost is low compared to other delivery mechanisms, but high compared to other, longer, more detailed, Coursera courses.

By Muhammad A I

Mar 22, 2018

The theory and the content was amazing and well thought. I just wish some walkthroughs were provided for easily getting started with visualization software... I as a non-developer found it extremely difficult to hack my way around new tools and software within the tight deadlines (and I wasn't alone!)

By Marie C

Feb 2, 2020

When saying that we do not need to be able to program, I feel we should get additionnal ressources, especially for assignment two.. as it was very hard to parse the data provided due to the large number. Maybe it would then be beneficial to provide smaller set of data for the network graph.

By Diana C G R

Jul 22, 2016

I like the course because it helps you make visualizations of different types of data by using very simple tools based on rich algorithms. I understand the fundamental concepts to discover patterns and relevant information from the data, applying some design rules in the software.