Back to DNA Decoded

Learner Reviews & Feedback for DNA Decoded by McMaster University

Are you a living creature? Then, congratulations! You’ve got DNA. But how much do you really know about the microscopic molecules that make you unique? Why is DNA called the “blueprint of life”? What is a “DNA fingerprint”? How do scientists clone DNA? What can DNA teach you about your family history? Are Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) safe? Is it possible to revive dinosaurs by cloning their DNA? DNA Decoded answers these questions and more. If you’re curious about DNA, join Felicia Vulcu and Caitlin Mullarkey, two biochemists from McMaster University, as they explore the structure of DNA, how scientists cracked the genetic code, and what our DNA can tell us about ourselves. Along the way, you’ll learn about the practical techniques that scientists use to analyze our genetic risks, to manipulate DNA, and to develop new treatments for a range of different diseases. Then, step into our virtual lab to perform your own forensic DNA analysis of samples from a crime scene and solve a murder....

GT
Sep 14, 2020

STUDY BUT FUN!! Make me now more curious about DNA and the amazing information that i can get about my ancestors by testing and analyzing my DNA. I never get bored since the week 1 till the end week!

SA
Aug 27, 2019

I have gained lot of information form this course. And the instructors and the method of their teaching is really awesome. I would like to say thank you to the instructors and thank you to coursera.

26 - 50 of 235 Reviews for DNA Decoded

By Mona A E E

Sep 25, 2020

what awesome ,interesting , valuable and very clear course .Instructors are amazing .very simplified and clear .I like their method of teaching very much .

I recommend that course to everyone. Even if you have 0 knowledge about DNA before the course , you will understand a lot

Really ,many thanks

By Shrabani P

Jan 30, 2021

I absolutely adored this course. Perhaps one of the best interactive, intuitive and ingenious courses I've ever taken. The professors were simply brilliant and their mode of subject delivery was fun, crisp and precise! A great place to start if you want to understand fundamentals of genetics!

By Bryan F

Aug 22, 2020

Highly recommend. A scientific and confusing issue, DNA, but here is described and illustrated in plain language, with a sense of humor and purpose for anyone -ANYone- with an interest in the subject. Well done. Thank you so much. Who new learning about genetics could be so much...fun !?!

By Jeevan N

Aug 18, 2020

Best course in Coursera I have ever done.Till now I have done 30 courses but no course instructors are so much interactive and fun. Dr. Felicia is the funniest person I have ever met and Dr.keit is the best fluent speaker I have ever met.I hope you two will produce more course later on.

By Ivan J M A

Aug 30, 2020

Amazing and outstanding course. It helped me to remember a handful of concepts from biochemistry and molecular biology, but also gave me new knowledge; specially, it solved a lot of questions about undertaking a career in genomics, in which I have interest. Thank you!

By Juliana P

May 27, 2018

If you are interested in back to the basics to keep up on what is going on nowadays in genetics, biochemistry and state of the art technology in research, this course is perfect for you. Very dynamic and interesting, full of mysteries to be solved with your help.

By Andrea C V F

Nov 18, 2020

Simply wonderful, I love the way that the instructors combined knowledge and comedy, the classes are very interactive and full of simple concepts for the whole public, I am very grateful for the knowledge taught in this course, they will be very useful to me.

By SHEHMA.M.M

Jul 4, 2020

I enjoyed this course.The instructors presents very funny and talentful.The presenting was very simple and interesting to understanding even children.My young brother also understood the fantastic world of DNA.I strongly recommend this course to all.

By Numan S

Jul 18, 2020

It was very good experience. Both the instructors did great job in explaining all the concepts of each topic. The most interesting thing about this course is that it is designed in a story telling way. All the things are explained in a practical way.

By Denys C

Feb 22, 2021

Fue un curso que fue desde la teoria mas basica sobre el ADN hasta los metodos de analisis y manupulacion del material genetico, en pocas palabras, es un curso muy amplio que otorga el conocimiento adecuado para adentrarse a las ciencias genomicas.

By Natalia V

Sep 5, 2020

I got a lot of new knowledge from this dna decoded course, to be honest I have studied it in my lecture, and the material repeats itself in this course. I learned how to process cloning, DNA replication, and other things. Thank you

By s j a

Jun 26, 2020

DNA decoded was one of the best course i had ever came across....hats off to the presenters for keeping it very simple from the week 1 to 4...i recommend this course to the other students to unveil the mystery hidden in DNA

By Michelle G

Jun 23, 2020

The ladies are fun and if they did another course I will be there to take it. I learned a lot from them. The course was still challenging however I enjoyed that part even though I haven’t taken a science class for a while.

By Rowena E R

Nov 12, 2020

The course has been interesting! Thank you very much, Dr. Felicia and Dr. Caitlin of McMaster University for delivering such a wonderful and creative, as well as very detailed, course on DNA. Thank you also to Coursera.

By StellaH

Nov 25, 2019

Very good content, and very interactive and interesting learning experiences! The two professors use super engaging and vivid teaching methods to explain key concepts and theories crystally clear to beginners. Amazing!

By Shania F

Sep 20, 2020

The best course ever... Really enjoyed it! It was fun learning about DNA in the most interesting way possible! I just wish I knew about this course before but anyways I've just made my base regarding DNA more strong!

By Jay-Ann T

Nov 3, 2020

The professors handling the course explained the concepts in such a fun way that there is an immediate recall for every concept discussed. The quizzes were fun too. Supplementary materials were also very engaging.

By Aishwarya G

Jun 14, 2020

Its a highly recommended course if you want to decode the mystery of DNA with highly talented and enthusiastic instructors. Have learnt many facts of DNA with inspiring talks and videos included in each sessions!!

By Oguntimehin I a

Jun 24, 2020

How wish all teaching staffs can emulate the way Dr Cait and Dr FELICIA lectures, it's so fascinating. No student will want miss lecture time, and it's so easy to assimilate. God bless all that you do ma'am(s).

By CAROLE M

Feb 15, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Felicia and Caitlyn make it very entertaining whilst still imparting their knowledge. I recommend it to anyone with some chemistry knowledge. Thanks Caitlyn and Felicia.

By Sinéad

Feb 14, 2021

Very enjoyable and informative course. Very good models, diagrams and videos provided to supplement the information. Had some difficulties with Labster but still great interactive resource when it worked.

By Christina J

Jul 22, 2018

A very fun and interesting course. I absolutely loved the videos, very upbeat and the additional material and simulated lab activity was fantastic. I would DEFINITELY recommend this course to my friends.

By Rahul D

May 22, 2020

This was indeed a very cool course. If you want to learn and have fun at the same time I would suggest you go for this. Felicia and Caitlin ma'am are awesome. I have enjoyed every bit of their lessons.

By Gabriel T