Back to Electric Power Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Electric Power Systems by University at Buffalo

This course familiarizes you with standards and policies of the electric utility industry, and provides you with basic vocabulary used in the business. It introduces the electric power system, from generation of the electricity all the way to the wall plug. You will learn about the segments of the system, and common components like power cables and transformers. This course is for individuals considering a career in the energy field (who have a high school diploma, at minimum, and basic knowledge of mathematics), and existing energy sector employees with less than three years of experience who have not completed similar training and would benefit from a course of foundational industry concepts. The course is a combination of online lectures, videos, readings and discussions. This is the first course in the Energy Production, Distribution & Safety specialization that explores various facets of the power sector, and features a culminating project involving creation of a roadmap to achieve a self-established, energy-related professional goal. To learn more about the specialization, check out a video overview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yh9qIYiUDk....

RS
May 9, 2020

The course was very easily explained including all the minor details it's like a journey of powers system where you get to know about all the key elements required to have the knowledge in this field.

MM
Jan 17, 2020

What an Extraordinary Course, I really appreciate meeting with such a skilled professor and a tutor too.\n\nThough his main focus was on the USA and quiz were mainly focusing on the USA not globally.

201 - 225 of 1,525 Reviews for Electric Power Systems

By Sagar M

May 12, 2020

I learned about power substation,distribution etc. Also i earned knowledge about power system in practically.

By Mrs.MALINI. K V

it was very informative and easy to learn....my experience of learning this course was fabulous...Thank you..

By Moshahid m k

Aug 21, 2020

The course was really good and at the end we get several ideas on which section to work on in power system

By Varun M K

Aug 5, 2020

Great Course, very precise, but could have made more elaborate in four weeks. Enjoyed the learning, though.

By Kuldeep K v

Oct 3, 2019

This course provide me basic to high level knowledge about electricity there source and there distribution.

By Jeremiah E I

Jan 26, 2021

This course was very educative, informative, but though, challenging. Thanks to coursera learning platform

By Dawoud S S

Oct 8, 2020

I reviewed My study , in this online Course its so helpful, and the Professor make it easier to Understand

By Rushikesh M M

Oct 6, 2020

It was very informative lactures. Explained in very easy & efficient manner it will really helpful for us.

By YOGESH S G

Sep 25, 2020

I got good knowledge from this course. This course is very helpful for Electrical field person. Thank You.

By Dev P

Jul 15, 2020

The Course was amazing and I get the all basic knowledge about electrical system it will help me in future

By Mohammed f

Jun 25, 2020

It was a good experience the way you taught us that was awesome. For that, I want to say thank you so much

By Aarón E G A

Jan 15, 2019

Excellent course. I learned too much about how the electric industry works and how is the structure of it.

By Ankit010 P

Jul 26, 2020

From this course i have many things about electricity , smart grid and many more. Thanks coursera team:-)

By KUMBAM S S H

Jun 26, 2020

The Course was very useful and the quiz questions were also challenging as the topics became interesting.

By ANJALIKRISHNAN.E

This is very helpful for us to deeply understand the electric power systems.It is really informative too.

By Christopher C

May 13, 2020

Very enjoyable provides valuable information and clear definitions of all aspects of the electricity grid

By MR. R M

May 5, 2020

Excellently designed course! I loved how the course content and assignments were designed and delivered.

By Suthapalli A S H

Aug 23, 2020

The Course was great. It has insights about basic power system equipment is a neat and orderly fashion.

By Ankur K

Jun 28, 2020

Exilent methode of teaching, constant is also good, finally I fell happy, I am satisfied with your work

By ALI y a A

Jun 15, 2020

I gained valuable information and thank you for hosting me in a course and continued to achieve success

By Arpit S

May 5, 2020

It was one of the best introductory course and to the point accurate enough to gain a ton of knowledge.

By Nuguse S T

Feb 15, 2021

I am very appreciate the team for this useful course taken by free and thank very much for support me.

By Bitan B

Sep 6, 2020

Very well taught course, concise and to the point to get the basic understanding of the power system.

By Sujit R

Aug 6, 2020

It was a knowledgeable course indeed. If anyone complete it properly then he/she will gain something.

By YUSUF A P

Aug 1, 2020

I HAD LEARNED THE ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTEM IN DETAIL ALSO LEARN ABOUT RENEWABLE ENERGY AND SMART GRID