Back to Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)

Everyone knows that energy is essential for sustaining life. How can you define energy in life? Have ever thought about ways of how carbohydrates like glucose from your diet can be used for extracting energy? A scientific field that focuses on energy production and flow though living cells and organisms is called bioenergetics. Energy metabolism covers various biochemical ways of energy transformation and regulatory mechanisms of over thousands chemical reactions. Without fine control of those metabolic processes, cells and organisms cannot maintain activities linked to life. This 7 week-course will give you a clear introduction to the basic fundamentals of energy metabolism. We will first establish the concept of energy metabolism and subsequently examine biochemical steps involved in energy production from glucose oxdiation as well as glucose synthesis via photosynthesis. We will also learn about metabolic reactions related to fat as well as regulatory actions among different organs. Finally, dysregulated energy metabolism in pathological conditions such as diabetes and cancer will be discussed. Everyone knows that energy is essential for sustaining life. How can you define energy in life? Have ever thought about ways of how carbohydrates like glucose from your diet can be used for extracting energy? A scientific field that focuses on energy production and flow though living cells and organisms is called bioenergetics. Energy metabolism covers various biochemical ways of energy transformation and regulation of thousands of chemical reactions. Without fine regulation of those metabolic processes, cells and organisms cannot maintain activities linked to life. This 7 week-course will give you a clear introduction to the basic fundamentals of energy metabolism. We will first establish the concept of energy metabolism and subsequently examine biochemical processes involved in energy production as well as photosynthesis. We will also learn about metabolic reactions related to fa as well as regulatory actions among different organs. Finally, dysregulated energy metabolism in pathological conditions such as diabetes and cancer will be discussed....

G

Sep 02, 2020

osm course for brief understanding and the faculty also is teaching in different and understandable manner am very satisfied with the work of faculty and it is best area for gaining knowledge.

VS

Thank you so much this course means a lot to me especially about the biochemistry carrer and i recommend this course to all the Biochemists and biotechnology students all around the world.

26 - 50 of 112 Reviews for Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism

By Vishnu S

By Loganovska O

Jul 19, 2020

I'm so delighted with this course. For me as a medical student it was a great overview of major mechanisms happening in our body and influencing our health. Thanks for this experience!

By Satvik S S

Excellent course and presentation are very nice sir seyum kim has demonstrated the biochemical principle of metabolism very nicely best course by KAIST university .

By Andrés F G V

Jul 27, 2020

Magnifico para todos aquellos que tengan que cursas la materia de bioquimica, va desde lo basico, hasta lo mas estructurado, pasando por la parte medica y vegetal.

By Sergio D A M

Jun 09, 2020

Excelente, me sirvió como repaso de conceptos de bioquímica en medicina, además de aprender mucho, de temas que no se tocan en clases, infinitas grcias

By Luis E G y G

Jan 02, 2020

Excellent, well explained course, goes from basic to more advanced topics covered in detail, great to start learning about human energy metabolism.

By Synthia H

Sep 27, 2020

I love science, especially chemistry related, so I did this course and it exceeded my expectations. Very well explained and interesting topics.

By MARIA A M M

Oct 06, 2020

This is an excellent course to learn or review key concepts in biochemistry. It is well structurated and Dr. Kim's explanations are very clear.

By Daniel S d S

Jul 07, 2020

Wonderful course in which I could learn more about the metabolic biochemical mechanisms of energy to improve my proficiency in the subject.

By Sudhamani R

Apr 22, 2020

The course was very good and informative. The professor made it very interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the course ! Thank you very much.

By Vanessa G R

Sep 17, 2020

El curso me ayudo muchísimo a entender los conceptos básicos del metabolismo, ahora voy a profundizar con los libros. Mil gracias!!!!

By Usman H

Jan 20, 2019

This course covers the whole metabolism. Last week is awesome. As being a student of biochemistry I found this course very helpful.

By Ariadna H M C

Oct 23, 2020

EXCELENTE CURSO, ME GUSTO MUCHO LA MANERA SENCILLA Y PUNTUAL DE COMO EL PROFESOR SEYUN KIM DIO LAS EXPLICACIONES DE CADA TEMA.

By Kasianchuk N

Jul 30, 2020

very interesting course for people who want to learn some basic principles of biochemistry and physiology! completely like it

By 赵博威

Mar 16, 2020

This class introduce a lots of detials about our body and biochemistry reaction in our body ,excellent! Thank you so much !

By Karpenko R

Apr 13, 2020

Very engaging and at the same time simple to understand. Thanks, professors of Kaist for the creation of this course!

By Andreina G

Sep 25, 2020

I enjoyed a lot all of these lessons. It is a marvelous course with good material and an excellent professor.

By Sholeye M I

Jul 28, 2020

I loved this course, it was very explanatory and I was able to add more to my knowledge on energy metabolism.

By Luz M S R

Aug 15, 2019

I really liked this course. The lectures were amazing and the explanation very easy to understand. Thank you!

By Jasper J E

Oct 03, 2020

Brief and concise discussions and contents that are properly selected to be discussed. Thank you, Prof. Kim

By Aldo H

Jun 28, 2019

I am so happy to learn from Mr. Kim all the knowledge he gave me throughout this course. Thank you so much.

By Eric M L

Jun 20, 2020

Excelente curso, muy explicativo y puntual, se entiende con facilidad los términos y las vías

By Natalia R C

Jun 08, 2020

Curso completo, interesante, el profesor explica de una manera que es fácil de aprender.

By Omotosho O E

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent course.

I recommended this course to my university students. Very explanatory