Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

HJ

Mar 23, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. Before starting this course I even can't plot a simple graph for my reports but then this course helped me learning mind blowing skills. Thanks Macquarie University.

JE

Aug 09, 2018

I found the following areas to be particularly useful to learn about:\n\nCombining and Changing Text\n\nExtracting and Finding Text\n\nNamed Ranges\n\nCOUNTIFS and SUMIFS\n\nTables and Pivot Tables

426 - 450 of 466 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Michael J H J

Sep 16, 2019

There was an excellent build-up in difficulty in the course. The course taught many essential business skills that I applied immediately in the workplace. Thanks!

By Mohsin F

Sep 14, 2019

Thank you so much coursera. I hope you would offer more such helpful courses for free in future.

By Diego A G N

Sep 19, 2019

Muy bueno

By Кучерявый Д С

Sep 18, 2019

Everything is good.

By HIỀN T L T

Sep 20, 2019

I really learnt a lot of useful techniques from this job and actually created a beautiful Pivot Report for my job interview. Thank you a lot for offering this course and I really appreciate that. It will be more useful if you keep practicing more and more on Excel.

By MOBIN S

Feb 04, 2019

One of finest teachings in excel

By Liviambranco@hotmail.com

Feb 11, 2019

The course is great and the concepts are easy to understand. It added all necessary skills businesses require. However, it would be nicer if there was more practice material, even if not for grade. Just so who really wants to practice more have more materials offering different situations in which you can apply what we just learned. That is the reason for the 4 stars, needs more exercises to help in the process of refining skills and a deeper understanding of the concepts. Thank you for this opportunity. I am very grateful for it!

By Shadi H S

Feb 10, 2019

good

By Saima B

Mar 08, 2019

i was very effective and helpful. I learnt a lot of things..

By Francesco M

Apr 03, 2019

Clear and useful

By Ashish C

Dec 28, 2018

Good Course. Please add more practice content around data consolidation and pivot tables.

By Jay H

Jan 18, 2018

Great Course starting to feel a lot more confident and amazed with the capabilities of excel.

By Brynna P

Mar 13, 2018

Well paced and explained. Videos are quick and useful. It's not terribly advanced stuff, but some useful tips and a good brush up.

By Nikki K

Apr 03, 2018

This course is great and really simple to use. However, if you have a MAC this course can be a little tricky at times as it is mainly developed for PC users. For some more complicated functions such as creating Pivot Charts, there is no mention of how to achieve things using an older version of Excel for MAC and so often a google search is needed which can be time consuming and sometimes leave you with no answers. It would be wonderful if the course was more clearly adapted for MAC users, mentioning clearly how things can be done using a MAC as often this is entirely different and/or non existent. It is the same thing with earlier versions of excel, for example, my 2011 MAC version of excel did not have the Pivot Chart function and in the quizzes you needed this in order to answer some questions correctly - in many cases I had to leave the question blank and hope I could pass with my other questions being correct. This was quite frustrating at times and seemed a little unfair also - it would be great if this was more suitable for MAC users too.

By Nil P I

Jan 29, 2018

Very well explained and extremely usefull.

By sharad

Jan 19, 2018

Simply awesome and looking forward to learn and dig further

By Qian S

May 10, 2018

Really excited to finish this course, during this course, I've improved my skills and learnt many new measures to analyze and demonstrate my report.

By ithrael

Sep 27, 2018

quite good, but some skill we may cannot use in reality

By Giles B

Aug 31, 2018

can be tricky at times but with a bit of perseverance, you can get there in the end

By Sabina R

Nov 18, 2018

Great self paced course. Learning lots about Excel

By Tariq N

Nov 24, 2018

I couldn't complete the full course because i used a mac and an older version of excel. Many of the features and questions were based on the latest versions of mac which gave me big headaches. Otherwise the teaching, the content and the course is fantastic. I thought I was an accomplished intermediate in excel but doing this course i realized i was only a novice. Hope to be doing more of your intermediate courses.

By girish

Oct 09, 2018

Great learning experience as the course give choice to answer multiple time, it enhances more opportunity to experiment and learn more in the mean while.

By Ali

Dec 01, 2018

Good content. Good pacing.

By Colly A B

May 04, 2019

It was hard but worth it