Back to Giving Helpful Feedback

Giving Helpful Feedback, University of Colorado Boulder

About this Course

This course teaches you the simple principles expert managers use to improve and motivate employee performance. You’ll never have to avoid telling an employee “the truth” again, because the seven techniques we teach will not make employees defensive or afraid. As a manager, or someone who would like to be a manager, you’ll also learn specifically what feedback is, how negative feedback is weighed more heavily than positive, and how positive feedback can super-charge behaviors such as creativity and teamwork. Giving feedback is a skill which develops over time. We give you a process you can use to improve your feedback skills and deliver it with confidence. You will find that there is a scientific basis for many of your observations and intuitions about feedback—such as, it is hard to give correctly, people don’t like it, and more. This will be reassuring as you learn how to overcome these difficulties. We hope you have a fantastic time becoming a better manager!...

By DS

Sep 07, 2017

Great Course. I love the way it is designed, delivered. I learned a lot. The most imporatnt part is that I enjoy every bit of the session and completed everything less than a week. :)

By BC

Dec 03, 2016

Excellent course. I started it being a bit skeptical, just with the intention to go quickly through some video scripts. but I changed my mind. There is so much to learn here

69 Reviews

By Tiger

Apr 16, 2019

The teacher taught this course pretty well. But the content covered in this course is relatively simple. (Maybe it is meant to be like this, suitable for everyone)

The exams and quizzes are too simple as well.

By Lucie Kessnerova

Apr 14, 2019

Well structured course, worthy studying.

By Dawn Reeves

Mar 28, 2019

Giving Helpful Feedback takes a very practical approach to giving feedback . The content and delivery style were easy to follow. the suggestions can be applied in a number of situations that where you challenged with providing feedback.

By Hazem Mahmoud Yassin Mosa

Mar 06, 2019

Great Course, I like it too much and will benefit my management s

By Niyamatullah Patel

Feb 16, 2019

Excellent Course

By Lucia Delli Galzigna

Jan 05, 2019

Very very interesting and accurate in teaching how and why give feedback (almost like a negative feedback)

By Andreine Busnello

Dec 05, 2018

Easy language, full of great exemples, very useful.

By Sara Romic

Dec 04, 2018

Very nice and informative, you discover things that you wouldn't consider important on a daily basis.

By Esmeralda Valle Merlin

Nov 15, 2018

Me encanto el curso, muy claro, objetivo, de echo lo recomendé en la empresa, me ha ayudado mucho la información que en este curso se plantea , muy útil para cualquier persona en cualquier ramo, en la vida cotidiana no solo par

By Natr-Kemika PRIDIBHAINKARAT

Nov 15, 2018

This course is very useful for me to develooing myself in term of giving feedback to my collages