Back to Giving Helpful Feedback

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Giving Helpful Feedback by University of Colorado Boulder

This course teaches you the simple principles expert managers use to improve and motivate employee performance. You’ll never have to avoid telling an employee “the truth” again, because the seven techniques we teach will not make employees defensive or afraid. As a manager, or someone who would like to be a manager, you’ll also learn specifically what feedback is, how negative feedback is weighed more heavily than positive, and how positive feedback can super-charge behaviors such as creativity and teamwork. Giving feedback is a skill which develops over time. We give you a process you can use to improve your feedback skills and deliver it with confidence. You will find that there is a scientific basis for many of your observations and intuitions about feedback—such as, it is hard to give correctly, people don’t like it, and more. This will be reassuring as you learn how to overcome these difficulties. We hope you have a fantastic time becoming a better manager!...

NN
Apr 30, 2021

This course was short but very informative and very helpful for an aspiring leader like myself. It also helped me understand how to view or understand when I receive feedback. I highly recommend it!!

LL
Apr 18, 2021

I enjoyed the course and learned a lot from it. The content is well organised and focused on practical situations. I particularly enjoyed the bits of psychological research shared in the content.

51 - 75 of 328 Reviews for Giving Helpful Feedback

By P.V. J P

Dec 3, 2020

This is one of the best Courses I have enrolled at this University and enjoyed every bit of the Weekly programme. The Course content met my expectations and helped me while discharging my duties in the role of a Supervisor

By chatchamon p

May 9, 2021

give all fundamental knowledge on how to improve your feedback skill. I am not quite a person who good in communication, but this course give me direction on how to give proper feedback in concise and effective speech.

By Kyle C

Jun 28, 2018

Excellent - specific, actionable ways for managers to give good feedback. I also appreciated the psychological explanations to go along with the practical advice. Great course I will recommend to my whole team.

By Anisa C

Nov 27, 2019

The course was quite helpful and majority of the questions were answered. It will help us to deal with various situations more tactfully and be more vigilant while giving feedback and dealing with subordinates

By Mark L

Dec 30, 2016

This is an excellent course - the instructor was obviously competent and lucid in her approach. Each module built on the previous one and that made it easy to stay connected to the course over the five weeks.

By Aedrian A

Jan 14, 2021

A practical and engaging course on productively interacting with people in any team endeavor, the instructor did a great job explaining both the theory behind and execution of delivering meaningful feedback.

By Suzanne K

Apr 15, 2021

I found the course insightful and very relevant. I am confident the notions from this course can be applied to different works of life. I will personally use it to improve on my personal relationships .

By zhangjunling

Apr 7, 2016

This course is very helpful for me now. After finished this course, It is good to think about how to study, how to commite with others in my life, and how to try to avoide negative feedback in future:)

By Katarzyna L

May 1, 2020

Interesting and very useful in management and team work. Filled with examples and case studies that make it easier to understand the principles of giving feedback and speed up the learning!

By Dr S K

Jul 11, 2020

Truly an eye opener. Giving correct feedback is important not only to change behavior but also improve productivity and maintain a warm environment in the workplace. Excellent Course

By Yulia Z

Feb 29, 2016

I think it's a course everyone should take. It really lays out square and simple the main guidelines and counterintuitive ideas about giving feedback. Does what it says on the cover.

By Mary N M S

May 4, 2021

I love how this course was designed - incorporating the psychology bonus part and science-based. I learned a lot of practical ways that I can apply to my new workplace. Thank you!

By Elizabeth W

May 23, 2021

I liked the mix of business and psychology in this course, as well as the straight forward and easily implemented strategies for improving both positive and negative feedback.

By Chinaza S

May 3, 2021

It was very interesting and I learned a lot! I loved how the course was delivered nicely and clearly! I also loved the extra psychology parts at the end of the videos!

By AMARA V I

Apr 25, 2021

Giving Helpful Feedback is an eye opener to the many feedback that are being mismanaged by managers at the work place. It's a must read for all and intending managers.

By Sagar H

Oct 1, 2019

Many times we think we are doing the feedback process correctly but it's important to keep the parameters in front of us so that we can evaluate the process better

By AMJAD K

Aug 10, 2020

Tracy Jennings was very easy to understand and she kept the course engaging. The last quiz brought out a complete understanding of the course and was very useful.

By Mousumi B

Mar 18, 2021

I learnt a lot of things related to feedback. Now I will be more confident in giving them. The examples were really good and helped me visualize the situations.

By HRITHIK S

Apr 17, 2021

The course 'GIVING HELPFUL FEEDBACK' learnt me a many new things to succeed my career and also others career. Not only in career it occurs in real life also.

By Peter Y

Jun 18, 2020

I have learned a lot and this will provide me guide in dealing with co workers. thank you !

Speaker is also very good in delivering the message per session.

By Alessandro M

May 5, 2021

Hi

This was an excellent opportunity to learn what's new on feedback technics and specially on behavioral acts during a feedback planning.

Thank you so much!

By Stacey D S

Apr 22, 2021

I really enjoyed the videos and practical information and examples provided. I definitely feel better equipped to provide meaningful actionable feedback.

By Soumya M

Nov 26, 2019

this course helped me identify the importance of giving feedback and the skills/ points to keep in mind while giving both negative and positive feedback

By Mayuresh N

Jul 4, 2020

It is a detailed course, covering the topic in-depth. I never thought one should share negative feedback, but learned here that even that is necessary.

By MARLENE E C L

Nov 4, 2020

Lleno de información útil y ejemplos que ayudan a comprender el tema para poder aplicarlo. La forma de explicarlo también es muy buena. Lo recomiendo.