Back to Giving Helpful Feedback

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Giving Helpful Feedback by University of Colorado Boulder

This course teaches you the simple principles expert managers use to improve and motivate employee performance. You’ll never have to avoid telling an employee “the truth” again, because the seven techniques we teach will not make employees defensive or afraid. As a manager, or someone who would like to be a manager, you’ll also learn specifically what feedback is, how negative feedback is weighed more heavily than positive, and how positive feedback can super-charge behaviors such as creativity and teamwork. Giving feedback is a skill which develops over time. We give you a process you can use to improve your feedback skills and deliver it with confidence. You will find that there is a scientific basis for many of your observations and intuitions about feedback—such as, it is hard to give correctly, people don’t like it, and more. This will be reassuring as you learn how to overcome these difficulties. We hope you have a fantastic time becoming a better manager!...

DS

Sep 07, 2017

Great Course. I love the way it is designed, delivered. I learned a lot. The most imporatnt part is that I enjoy every bit of the session and completed everything less than a week. :)

DK

Jul 11, 2020

Truly an eye opener. Giving correct feedback is important not only to change behavior but also improve productivity and maintain a warm environment in the workplace. Excellent Course

126 - 150 of 174 Reviews for Giving Helpful Feedback

By Prawira H S

Sep 27, 2019

m

By Marta L

Thanks so much for this opportunity. It has been a great experience for me to learn about this topic. I believe it's really helpful to apply it not only in our working places, but in our daily live as well. The videos for the course are done in a very clear way, so you can follow them from the beginning until the end. For me it's just the right amount of material to be done while people are working. I would appreciate if you would post the reading materials so we all can benefit from them. Thanks again

By Luann T

Jun 28, 2019

This course is difficult for me to rate until I've had at least a month of practice so I can see if it has truly been useful or not. I did enjoy the course, however, and found it to be helpful in theory. I recommend viewing this course week by week and putting each week's lessons to practice instead of watching it one sitting as I did. The only thing missing for me was a list of recommended reading.

By Ariane H R

Nov 17, 2019

Over the course of many years as team lead, I could see that giving feedback is quite a challenging endavor. I often asked myself what do's and dont's are and was thrilled to attend this course, when I came across it (quite by coincidence). I would highly recommend this course to any person, who is interacting with other people, as giving feedback goes far beyond the role of people leader.

By Susan H

Jul 11, 2020

I found this course very insightful. It has actually helped me identify from both an employee and leadership perspective why I have flourished or failed in both roles. Thanks for providing a way to share this content with people online so that anyone in the world can share in the experience and knowledge.

By Erin K

Apr 10, 2016

I enjoyed this course and found the information on constructive work related feedback and suggestions useful. I did not pay, therefore I was not allowed to take the quizzes to complete the course. I am very grateful for the opportunity I had to view and learn from the provided lessons. Thank you :)

By Vikram S S

May 13, 2020

Good course on giving feedback! Has a lot of examples, the larning modules are spaced in good intervals and the course content is very informative and easy to understand.

If possible, i would've liked to see more tests on the subject matter.

By Amrita M

Nov 24, 2019

The course was very helpful. Gave me a fair idea of how to give feedback to different employees in different manners and approaches. I could identify which are the areas I need to focus and work on to build a good and aligned team.

By Elsa L

Feb 13, 2020

Useful class to learn a methodology that can be applied in both our professional and personal lives: how to improve communication with people, how to get more prepared before delivering feedback without creating an argument.

By Tiger

Apr 16, 2019

The teacher taught this course pretty well. But the content covered in this course is relatively simple. (Maybe it is meant to be like this, suitable for everyone)

The exams and quizzes are too simple as well.

By Dorothy H

Aug 15, 2016

Only directed to business situations. Probably great for managers. Some of the ideas I'm sure could work in personal situations as well but hard to know exactly how or which ones.

By Lucy J

Apr 17, 2020

I enjoyed the course, it gave good examples which helped explain the content from each of the sections. The content was not too heavy and was easier enough for me to ingest.

By Pansy W

Jun 11, 2017

Excellent course with resources to be used immediately. Opportunity to learn independently and apply the principles with exemplars and video to guide the process.

By eva p

Jul 10, 2019

interesting, a lot of examples,

the only drawback for me is that the presenter seems to rigid and unatural during the presentations of the different subjects

By Remegio C R

Sep 24, 2018

It is a good course. Helps in building confidence when reviewing your subordinate's performance and giving them feedback in a proper and dignified manner.

By Wendy H

Jul 31, 2016

Good course overall. Would be nice if the course offered review of questions we answered incorrectly. That would be helpful feedback.

By Tracy F

Feb 07, 2017

The information was laid out beautifully! Being prepared with this knowledge will help me keep the emotions out of giving feedback.