Back to Feminism and Social Justice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Feminism and Social Justice by University of California, Santa Cruz

"Feminism and Social Justice" is an adaptation of Distinguished Professor Bettina Aptheker's long-running course at UC Santa Cruz. In the course, Professor Aptheker presents a broad definition of feminism that serves to frame three significant events in the history of feminism and social justice: the Empire Zinc strike of 1951, the 1971-1972 trial of Angela Davis, and the #metoo Movement....

Jun 23, 2020

Everyone should take up this course because this course has a structured curriculum for feminism. The idea of feminism is something we have learnt from media, one will come to know about the meaning.

IS

Feb 12, 2020

This course was very impactful, I now understand the history of rape as a crime, the attitudes that have diminished and undermine women's rights. I am hoping that we will get things right as a people

176 - 200 of 843 Reviews for Feminism and Social Justice

By Shravani G

Aug 08, 2020

This course really provides a broad spectrum of knowledge on Feminism and social justice.I would like to thank prof. Aptheker for bringing us such an informative course which would enlighten our knowledge.

Thank you coursera.

By Alejandro V

Aug 06, 2020

Es muy buen curso y muy completo que te hace cuestionar los problemas de la sociedad actual, las veces que uno a contribuido, y sugiere una forma de comenzar a cambiar eso, todo en un ambiente de aprendizaje sin acusaciones.

By Saranzaya

Jul 19, 2019

it was really interesting course that i completed without any bored and distraction. The Salt of the Earth movie was worth to watch and make me easy to understand what is intersectional feminism and social justice. thank you

By Vasudha M

Aug 09, 2020

The course was exciting and insightful. I was glad to how feminism has an actual impact on the social movement. It is very important to know that these are not just theories but have a concrete impact on lives and societies

By Lina A U H

Jul 27, 2020

Excelente. Me encantó este curso. La docente es maravillosa. Se me hizo un poquitico complicado porque mi lengua nativa no es el inglés, pero creo que entendí bastante. Recomiendo incorporar subtítulos en español. ¡GRACIAS!

By Franco B

Oct 02, 2020

Very good course, Bettina is lovely and I could understand all that she said. It is also fantastic to hear the stories from a person whos really been there. A nice course even if you have some prior knowledge on this topic

By Nora D

Jul 24, 2020

Most interesting material, well presented, and easy to understand. Thank you, this course gave me a fundamental understanding of Feminism and Social Justice. I am now equipped to carry out further research on this topic.

By Cortes G D A

Oct 15, 2020

It was a really good course, that showed me what does feminism mean, and know it because society has another meaning about it. and I learned how powerful we are and how this society movement has changed the society mind

By Advika R

Aug 24, 2020

This is an incredible introductory course. Take it to deepen an initial understanding of feminism, and to recognize the nuances (in the Western context) of the feminist movement through important moments in its history.

By Nazia N

Jul 18, 2020

This course helped me a lot. The movements discussed here made me to think about movements in my context. The Angela Davis case was really unknown to me and as I have read a paper of her, it moved me too much, her case.

By Melissa

Jun 30, 2020

I learned a lot from feminism terms, I have another point of view toward specific moments and situations that they were huge news, the professor has a lot of knowledge either by personal experience or actual information

By Padmaja V K

Apr 19, 2020

The course was offered by a participant of the Feminist Movement in USA. Her personal experiences as a leading participant and keen observer made the course rich with authenticity. Kudos to Professor Bettina Aptheker.

By Ruth P

Sep 22, 2020

Excellent course. Four thorough, and interesting lectures with discussion forum questions and a review quiz for each module. Professor Aptheker’s style is engaging, warm and encouraging and I learned a lot.

Thank you.

By Rodrigo M L

Oct 23, 2020

I was expecting a bit more theory surrounding feminism, but overall, this is a great course to start on feminism and its history. A full specialization of 4-5 weeks could be a great adittion to the Coursera catalog.

By Rutuja V M

Apr 16, 2020

One of the best course.Everyone has an different meaning of feminism but professor apthekar has fabulously explained the meaning.The case studies were excellent and was fun to learn.Thanks for this beautiful course.

By Jean T

Aug 19, 2020

Thank you, Professor Bettina Aptheker! Enjoyed your historical perspective! Enjoyed the videos! Enjoyed the course! We've come a long way, but we have a long way to go! Thank you for your part in moving us forward!

By Karen G V

Jun 20, 2020

Great course, I learned a lot and Professor Bettina was really educational and entertaining at the same time. A big feminist thank you to her, for all the work she has made to advance the feminist cause in the u.s.

By Sara G d V C

May 16, 2020

It has been a pleasure to take this course. Listening to Bettina is great, thank you for all your explanations and experiences. Easy to follow course, huge content. The kind of feminism I belive in: intersectional.

By Diana M G D

Oct 04, 2020

¡Excelente curso! Una aproximación muy interesante y agradable al pensamiento feminista. Todas las personas deberíamos entender estos temas y sensisbilizarnos sobre la igualdad y la dignidad. Súper recomendado :D

By Karla J D l H D V

Sep 27, 2020

It is an excellent course. I learned about historical and political events that were important for us to talk about feminism and women's empowerment today. Everything I learned I didn't know, so it was fantastic

By Haydee M C

Aug 15, 2020

Excellent course!

Most informative and enlightening!

The instructor clearly demonstrated how four historical events served as catalysts for drawing attention and increasing awareness of key social justice issues.

By Alina K

Aug 17, 2020

A great course for anyone interested in learning about intersectional feminism. Professor Aptheker does a great job combining the personal, the structural and the political into one coherent lesson in feminism.

By Cynthia D

Mar 31, 2020

As a second-wave feminist I thought I knew a lot about the movement, but I was wrong! So glad to have learned about Angela Davis, Dolores Huerta, Anita Hill, and the Empire Zinc strike. This class was awesome.

By JASVEENA P

Apr 20, 2020

Love the course instructor and the way she conducts the lecture. I have to say I feel very engaged with the class although it is online. I believe it would be a pleasant experience to work with her personally.

By WONG K Y

Oct 24, 2020

Very inspiring and intriguing, the lectures aroused my interest and had induced much thoughts in me, brought me to a new perspective, for example, in viewing and understanding "equality"🤯🤯🤯

I love it😍😍