Back to Financial Markets

Aug 19, 2020

51 - 75 of 3,807 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Sara G

May 3, 2020

waste of time, I could not understand properly the concepts, as he is not going straight to the point. so I unenrolled after watching few videos

By Tanay T

Apr 19, 2020

the pace is extremely monotonous and it makes the course really mundane. i want to drop this one and take another one instead, but i just cant!

By Ramandeep K

Oct 27, 2020

I did not like this course. The professor simply started the course without the explanation of basic things and I did not understand at all.

By Haritha S

Apr 18, 2020

It was very useful course. This course is very time taking but the best and worth full

But I'm not getting course certificate

By Dhanashree C W

May 12, 2020

very tough to understand ...use simple language to explain

By Alexandros M

Jan 5, 2021

Wow - this was amazing! I'm doing my Bachelor's in Business Administration and was eager to do this course because I wanted to deepen my knowledge about Finance and in order to assess whether there were still things I didn't know about. I am happy to say that the amazing Prof. Shiller really made me learn a whole lot of new things. I love the way he is able to spread his enthusiasm for Financial Markets and how he manages to explain all this stuff really easy to understand and down-to-earth. But what I liked most about this course is the way it connects Finance to finding one's own purpose and doing something good for societies around the world. Even though studying this topic, I was having a rather negative image of the financial world before taking this course. Now my picture has changed and I believe that this industry has a lot of good people in it, which I want to be a part of in the future in order to help make the world a better place for everyone. No matter if you just finished high-school or graduated with an MBA: You should definitely take this course!

By Daniel a p p

Aug 6, 2020

Estoy feliz de haber completado este curso, es realmente bueno para conocer los temas importantes que determinan el funcionamiento de los mercados y me da elementos como para poder invertir. Tambien, destacar que me ayudó a pasar de mejor manera el periodo de cuarentena (Covid-19) de una manera positiva y ocupar este tiempo confinado en crecimiento personal .

El curso es muy bien estructurado en todos los temas y el profesor es muy buen pedagogo, a la vez ,que lo hace con un toque de humor. Por último, las entrevistas y presentaciones son buenas, para mostrar que tambien a traves de las finanzas se pueden hacer cosas buenas para la humanidad.

Agradecer a Coursera, a la universidad de Yale y al Señor Shiller.

By Nicole D

Jan 22, 2020

A comprehensive, insightful, and inspiring introduction to the world of finance. It was a privilege to be able to learn directly from one of the most formidable experts in this area, and completing the course has contributed invaluably to my formal studies and informal reading in finance. Professor Shiller adeptly traverses across history, recent times, and the future of the global financial industry, tapping into psychology, law, and sociology, skilfully switching from micro to macro perspectives, delivering the lectures and salons in a way that is highly engaging, witty, and and has enthused me to learn more.

By Panwad M

Sep 17, 2020

A must take course for anyone that is interested in Finance. Right away, you know you have found a very special professor. Prof. Robert Shiller is a great instructor. He can explain and elaborate concepts in a way that is engaging, interesting, and is well paced. The course is designed to give over all understanding of financial markets as well as inspire students to think creatively on how financial instruments and regulations were developed in the past to help address human problems and what financial instruments may be innovated in the future to help us thrive in the new environment.

By OSAMUYIMEN G I

Oct 6, 2020

Professor Shiller has a very welcoming and inclusive approach to teaching. His ability to simplify complex financial terms and theories, allowed me to gain invaluable in-depth knowledge of Financial Markets and understand the important role of Finance in the world and how it relates to our life experiences. I'm so glad I participated in this course. It was definitely time well spent, and I believe it adds immense value to anyone looking to understand Finance.

By Stepan B

Jan 3, 2021

The course gives a solid basic understanding of core concepts in the financial markets and of the common financial instruments. The teacher is very good at keeping the students engaged and explaining fairly complex concepts with aid of simple examples. Furthermore, he excels at showing the social importance of finance and its purpose beyond making money. This course has had a tremendous inspirational impact on me, besides the knowledge learned.

By Aviram V

Oct 29, 2019

Excellent course, quite intense and allowed for multiple levels of involvement with the honors quizzes. It is a privilege to learn from Prof. Shiller the exact same material that students at Yale learn, at a fraction of the cost from the comfort of your home. Thanks to the team who put this together and to Yale + Coursera. Highly recommend this to everyone who is related to any form of business.

By Supanut L

It is my honor to learn with Professor Shiller. This course would change my life and my view of the financial sector. I would recommend everyone to take this course your point of view would never be the same after that. This MOOC demonstrates how wonderful education could change people. Also, I want to express my appreciation to Yale university to give this opportunity to everyone.

By Utills

Aug 3, 2020

Excellent course. Gives a broad overview of why Financial Markets exist covering the social aspects of financial theory. Would be an excellent first foray into the world of Finance especially for those looking to potentially study Finance in Further Education to get a taste of what the subject material is all about.

By Pratik K

This course is a complete package to learn finance. It is an A to Z review which encircles the surface and core of finance and gave me a deep understanding of the working of finance. I believe this will help me a lot in the future to make important financial decisions in both my personal and professional life.

By FONTAINE S

Jun 13, 2020

An excellent overwiew of key aspects of financial markets with accurate information, relevant and concise explanations help understanding techniques including behavioral finance. Brilliant course, I learnt a great deal, thank you so much !

By Maoti G

Apr 5, 2019

Very pleased with this course. Professor Shiller presents the information in a way that kept these concepts interesting and relevant to current events. I could not tell that these lectures were from years prior. Truly a wealth of insight!

By Suman C

May 9, 2018

I rate this course very highly. I learned the concepts and most importantly I developed critical thinking ability on the regulations and operations of financial markets. I would surely recommend this course. Regards, Dr. Suman Chakraborty

By Parth M

Jan 12, 2021

This course on Financial Markets is a concise but informative one and the instructor is also really knowledgeable and is able to explain the concepts with ease which, otherwise seem quite difficult to understand.

Course highly recommended

By Aman S

Jul 13, 2020

Exceptional course by Yale and my thanks to coursera for providing me with a platform to learn from such a learned man. Special thanks and respect for Professor Schuller who is really a very wonderful and knowledgeable man of this field.

By nima

Apr 16, 2020

It's a fantastic course and Robbert Shiller is a genuine and humble teacher who has intensive knowledge and experience in financial markets. I highly recommend this course to everyone who wants to understand financial markets better.

By Pramod K S

May 26, 2019

Hello everyone

I recommend to you all to join this course because this course will give more knowledge about financial market. It will explain your all theoretical doubt and it help you to achieve financial goal. Thank you so much.

By Nicholas K

Apr 23, 2020

Great course for people to understand the nature of the financial market and how understanding the concepts will benefit yourselves to understand how finance play a big role in every aspect of life.

By FREDERICO G S

Feb 26, 2021

Excellent course, driving to understand the principles of Financial Markets. If you want to understand the fundamentals of financial markets, then you should do this course.

By Mitali J

Nov 26, 2018

Incredibly well taught course by Professor Shiller which is very informative and covers a broad range of topics. So glad that I took this course! I highly recommend it!