Back to Financial Markets

JC

May 08, 2020

226 - 250 of 2,638 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Pavithra C

Its a really good course. I understood the basics of finance and the working of financial markets. The terminologies used are pretty simple, only some are complex. I learnt a lot of new concepts and a different view towards finance. Really good course. Recommended for beginners who have a bit of knowledge of finance. Its worth it.

By Andrew K

Apr 14, 2018

This is a broad based course. Its well worth getting to know Prof. Schiller. A great professor. It veers a little philosophical, but I'm fine with that. I'm sure there are many quantitative courses out there with less of a perspective. The course also gives a great taste to what its like to go to Yale, and that is well worth it.

By Arman O

Mar 09, 2020

Recommend to this course to everyone who wants to understand risk management and behavioral finance principles to understand the real-world functioning of securities, insurance, and banking industries. Many finance and economy books are written based on Robert James Shiller works, you will find this course useful and informative.

By Mark B

Feb 27, 2020

Interesting and informative from start to finish, Prof Stiller adds his personal touch to spice up the material which could otherwise bland. I especially connected with the moral code carried throughout the course on the greater good for humanity beyond the profit and money-generating capacity that the finance sector can provide.

By Sangeeth R

Jun 19, 2020

i used to find the methods by which warren buffet made his money very interesting,, but this course has given me useful insights on the other aspects of finance such as the history of it, how things are regulated and by what... I thank Professor Shiller for giving me an idea about all this.. the course was intriguing and fun too

By Faisal n K

Nov 05, 2018

Learned alot of new things like behavioural finance and origin of financial products like insurance and CDOs etc.knowledge of professor shiller is amazing .Definitely would recommed professor to make more advanced version of this course.Best course available on MOOC.thank u Coursera,Yale university and Professor Robert Shiller.

By sumanth r

Jul 20, 2020

I have really enjoyed attending the university, i have found the course is very interesting and informative.There is plenty of support available, a wide range of books, journals and articles available online for students to access. Professor for the course is amazing in the way they deliver the information and support students.

By Lee S T

Mar 28, 2019

I found the course very useful especially the insights and presentation delivered by professor from a top tier university. Not only strengthen my understanding to financial markets, I also explored new knowledge and concepts through the course. I am highly recommended the course to everyone who is working in financial industry.

By ABHIMANYU

for me as a beginner, this course seems a bit difficult for me at the start but the way the professor presented every aspect of market leaves no stone unturned,

This course is not for a beginner , but with the help of google you can complete it.

Thank you professor for this course and Coursera too.

I am looking for more courses.

By Candice F

May 07, 2020

A fabulous overview and for me personally an excellent refresher (many years ago I studied economics, but have gotten rather rusty and lazy over the years) - I once again feel equipped to have meaningful and intelligent conversation about the financial markets, the economy and the 'financial' times we suddenly find ourselves.

By Roman K

Aug 27, 2019

Mostly explanations of general concepts and principles, but they are clear and straightforward, not much math. Trusted professor with practical expertise and prizes in the field.

Might be suitable and interesting for common folk looking to improve their financial literacy. Perfect teaser for further deep diving into the topic.

By NORLIZA M H

Jul 06, 2018

it's really good and a must for everyone. Professor Shiller explained it with every aspect I need. I cried at the last Lesson (Lesson #18) with the background music and his thoughts about Finance . I will not stop here. I will also would want to contribute something on Finance one day !! Thank you so much Professor Shiller .

By Janice B

Nov 26, 2017

Intro to Financial Markets exceeded all my expectations and I'm not easy to please! I have been recommending it to all my friends and family. It's practical, entertaining and puts topics in social/historical context. Great combination of topics, great professor, great format (lecture, chalk talks, salons and 3 tier quizzes).

By Alfonso G

Good morning

I want to thank Professor Robert Shiller for sharing his knowledge and developing a more humane character in each student on how to manage finances.

thank you very much for the course, all the topics are interesting, about how markets work, and the team that makes up this beutiful knowledge platform

God bless you

By Jordi T

Dec 12, 2019

I have really enjoyed with the contents of this course. Before taking this course I had a really bad image about the financial markets commonly related with speculation, easy money and Wall Street sharks. This course shows that there is also a good side, and how financial markets can improve common problems of the society.

By Vivian F

Nov 12, 2017

Very didactic and dynamic, really liked the course and it gave me a good start to my studies in economy. It's an honor to hear professor Shiller speaking, my perception of the human mind and human history is totally different, his interest in finance really got into me! Thanks a lot for providing such well thought content!

By Klaus B

Jul 14, 2017

An interesting course that's aimed at beginners, but is worthwhile even for those with previous knowledge in finance. Prof Shiller gives a solid overview of the field, with a strong emphasis on establishing why it is relevant and how it affects society. Very engaging and thought-provoking. The quizzes are generally useful.

By Elena G

Jul 17, 2020

Many many many thanks!!! to Coursera platform and Professor Robert Shiller! This course helped me to improve my financial skills that I have got from my basic high education. Now my wish is to work in any big financial company to get a practical experience, and though till now nobody responded to my CV, I keep faith :-)

By Nipun G

Jun 23, 2020

The course is amazing. Professor Schiller is just mind blowing. He is not only a teacher but also a creator - he has his own informed opinion of markets and the business world and has in reality done things to make improvements. The videos are very interesting and Prof. is also a great story teller with immense knowledge.

By Anabella I

May 16, 2020

Thank you very much for offering this course. I am thrilled to have taken it. I learned so much. I want to keep on learning about Finance. It is truly an interesting topic, it helps us to understand how our world works. Risks are just part of our daily lives and we need to learn how to minimize them and move forward.

By Raissa E

Feb 21, 2020

My sincere gratitude to Professor Robert Shiller pour pouring his heart in this course to my advantage. i feel more confident now than when i started . Completing this course ha s helped me identify a career path in finance. For the time, money anfdeffort invested, the results are extremely rewarding. No regrets at all.

By Sukanto M

Feb 20, 2020

One of the best courses on Coursera and also one of the best MOOCs out there. It is crucial to understand the role of finance from the behavioural as well as quantitative perspectives, especially in the current scenario. I'll recommend anyone who wants to a firm and holistic grasp of financial markets to take this course.

By Aravind S

Sep 11, 2017

Amazing course for people who want to know about the world of finance.It explores almost all the different areas from mortgages,national regulatory policies,insurance to the stock market and the derivatives market. It changes the way we look at the businesses running this world. Personally had a huge learning experience!!

By Davide P

Jan 24, 2019

Great course and great Professor! I took the first edition of Financial Markets on Coursera and I am glad I took this edition too! Prof. Shiller is a great teacher and mentor and he helped me better understanding how the world works today. In my next life (I am too old now) I will try to pursue a PhD under Prof. Shiller!