Back to Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Markets by Yale University

IH
Mar 9, 2021

This course is easy to follow and interesting. Professor Shiller is very motivating. It not teaching about finance but more importantly how finance can build a better life for all. Really recommended.

SK
May 9, 2020

276 - 300 of 4,040 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Rommel E

Jul 27, 2020

Incredible course. Over my expectations. Professor Shiller made it all easy to understand. Interviews were just great, and I feel I have received more than a course, a lesson for life trough those interviews. The dynamic of the course was great, videos, examples, translation, etc, what a great way to learn!!

Thank you Professor Shiller, Yale and of course: COURSERA

By Tomiwa A

Jun 26, 2020

This is a course everyone needs to take regardless of your field or specialization. This breaks down the financial markets and the players and other key concepts in traditional and modern day finance as it relates to our daily activities. I strongly recommend this course to all who are thinking about starting a career in finance or willing to enhance their career.

By Dwight H

Jan 13, 2021

I was pleasantly surprised with the in depth coverage of the American financial system and the banking system. Well presented in a friendly manner with Professor Shiller.

The discussion groups were interesting and the light hearted approach to material and the financial markets was a refreshing change to other economics courses I have completed. Bravo. Well done

By Hector M T G

Aug 30, 2020

I was entirely new about to finance. Robert Shiller is an absolutely terrific teacher, he makes all the concepts intuitive and easy to grasp, whenever he missed touching ground in an explanation Harun Gupta (the teaching assistant) clarifies the further. I am very confident that I have gotten a good grasp of basic financial concepts (and maybe some not so basic).

By Tom C

May 9, 2020

Very interesting course on Financial Market. It deals with most features of the field. As a french engineering student, I learnt a lot and really discovered a passion about finance! Moreover I haven't felt any langage barrier for this course, the professor was really understandable and clear but of course, the specific terms of finance meant some additional work.

By Trillion C

Sep 30, 2020

This class was absolutely awesome. I have worked in financial markets 20 years and still learned a lot. Professor Shiller gave such a wonderful prospective on every topic. Although I was familiar with a lot of the content, Professor Shiller's approach was one that I had not heard and it felt more first-hand. I hope that I am able to take another course with him.

By Kaushal B

Jul 19, 2020

One of the best on general finance and economics. It imparts knowledge about how finance developed over the years and builds up one's general knowledge. The structure of this course is very well designed and has is far above the other courses which are generally available. Also, the professor is an expert in his domain, and the salon sessions were really helpful

By Sergio L

Oct 7, 2020

It´s a didactic introduction to the basics of finance by Nobel prize winner Robert Schiller. It combines master lectures and discussions of Prof. Schiller with Yale students. The course provides interesting reading materials. The only thing that I would improve would be to better explain mathematical formulas. But overall, it´s a great course. Congratulations!

By Sanjay g

Sep 14, 2018

Amazing prof , DR Shiller - introduces any new concept with so much background and history, that generates a lot of interest. I have been working in the financial markets for the last 15 years and this course has been extremely useful for brushing up concepts across the span. Great concept f behavioural finance and how in real markets it takes a critical stage.

By Sooraj M

Jun 25, 2018

Absolutely wonderful course. Doesn't just focus on the purely academic, but also applies all the principles taught in a practical manner. The course is well organised, with lectures, quizzes, and other compelling material. Robert Shiller, in his lectures, is very easy to listen to and understand. On the whole, I am very happy and glad to have done this course.

By Augusto F C

Aug 15, 2020

Excelente curso, el profesor Shiller explica muchos aspectos (como finanza conductual, finanza matematica, etc), aunque no detalla muchas formulas y/o teorias de finanzas llevado a las matematicas.

Realmente lo recomiendo mucho (sobretodo a personas que recien se inician en finanzas)

Gracias a la Universidad de Yale y a Coursera por esta grandiosa oportunidad.

By Abhiraj R

Dec 14, 2020

It was great to study from Prof Shiller who made things look easy. His experiences and perspective on financial markets are phenomenal and has developed my thought process for finance. Though you may be working in any field but one thing common about all is finance. Hence it is necessary to understand finance so that you can be more prudent and help others.

By Ashrith

Sep 6, 2020

It was great honor to learn under Professor Shiller.

The course is structured such that a new comer will not intimidated buy the complexity of the subject. Basic graduate level mathematics is enough to understand whats going. Its a testament to Prof. Shiller's not only as an economist but also as a teacher for organizing the subject in such a nuanced manner.

By Alisson F B d O

Jul 24, 2020

Ótimo curso! mesmo sendo um curso introdutório, ele aborda várias partes do sistema financeiro com um detalhamento nas informações surpreendente, ele conta a história e a psicologia por trás de alguns instrumentos financeiros, mostrando além dos discursos tradicionais sobre o mercado financeiro. Muito obrigado Prof. Robert Shiller pelos seus ensinamentos.

By Mehran A

Jan 14, 2021

I am really thanking myself for the moment I took this coursera course. It helped me to create the understanding of finance, moreover, it content is created and conveyed in such a good way that is easy to understand for us. I really appreciate Robert Schiller and Yale university for making such a course so that the people around the world can also learn.

By Spandan B

Sep 5, 2020

This is an excellent course by Prof Shiller and gives wonderful insights into the world of Finance and how it is not only some money making vehicle but can also be used for bringing benefits to different actions of society including the underprivileged and needy and not just the rich.Basically,one learns through this course that Finance is for everyone!

By antonio b

May 13, 2020

Inspirational, especially the perspective of finance as innovation framework to create a better society by reducing risks for the people and innovators. the career/education risk insurance is an extreme good use of the financial tools. Nevertheless there i a lot of abuse of finance from immoral people: but this is in every knowledge area unfortunately :(

By Michael H

Apr 30, 2020

Professor Shiller was a great professor throughout all of his lectures and slides. The amount of material that I learned from this course surpassed me expectations. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking to start out in the financial sector or even looking to gain the slightest bit of knowledge on how financial markets work in our society.

By Florian G

Sep 30, 2019

I would like to thank Prof. Shiller and his team for this great course. Prof. Shiller has given a comprehensive insight into the financial markets from history to the present. His opinion that financial markets can make our world a better place if financial instruments and market regulations are used correctly was well illustrated by several examples.

By Raunakk J

Apr 18, 2020

Professor Schiller is perhaps the best teacher I have ever learnt from as he articulates each and every concept in such a way that it appeals to both beginners and those who have advanced knowledge of the course. This course was the best course I have ever undertaken and I would recommend this to everyone and anyone interested in finance and business

By Ian L

Apr 15, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Professor Shiller is a great presenter and not just an academic, but also a market participant. I would really like to undertake other courses presented by Professor Shiller.

The 'salons' and student discussions were a valuable addition to the course as were the random questions that would pop up throughout a lecture.

By Abdirahman M A

Jun 10, 2020

this was my first course i have done from coursera and the first online course i have studied longest the course was really helpful i learned new knowledge that i couldnt able to learn in my university thanks proffesor shiller who influenced my mind in manners I wouldn't have thought of while indirectly directing me to find the much needed answers.

By Pedro F M P

Jun 8, 2019

Great introduction on the concepts of Finance. Perfect to make you draw your paths on and what are the fields of study you would like to deeply study. All the lectures provide a set of references very useful for the future studies. Thank you Professor Shiller, thanks to his team, thanks to Coursera for one more opportunity for personal development.

By Fretson P

Jul 19, 2020

I've got a better understanding of Financial Markets now that I've taken this course. Its content filled some gaps that I had and I feel more confident now to apply the knowledge acquired in a working environment, investments or just day-to-day life in general. To Prof. Sheller, you just earned a new admirer all the way from Angola! Thank you all.

By jose f d l t h

Jul 11, 2020

Un curso muy agradable donde se aprende no solo de finanzas, si no de como aportar a nuestra sociedad, sobre todo a los que a veces no tienen acceso a información del mundo financiero, gran aportación la que nos hace el Profesor Shiller. un gran ser humano y gran economista. Un honor haber aprendido de este curso impartido por el profesor Shiller.