Back to Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Markets by Yale University

IH
Mar 9, 2021

This course is easy to follow and interesting. Professor Shiller is very motivating. It not teaching about finance but more importantly how finance can build a better life for all. Really recommended.

JC
Aug 19, 2020

351 - 375 of 4,039 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Aravind S

Sep 11, 2017

Amazing course for people who want to know about the world of finance.It explores almost all the different areas from mortgages,national regulatory policies,insurance to the stock market and the derivatives market. It changes the way we look at the businesses running this world. Personally had a huge learning experience!!

By Rafael F L P

Jan 15, 2021

For all those, like me, who are interested in the financial market and, especially, for those coming from countries with lower education systems, it is the opportunity to understand the basic concepts of the financial market in a broad way with a professor, a university and material with the highest degree of excellence.

By Davide P

Jan 23, 2019

Great course and great Professor! I took the first edition of Financial Markets on Coursera and I am glad I took this edition too! Prof. Shiller is a great teacher and mentor and he helped me better understanding how the world works today. In my next life (I am too old now) I will try to pursue a PhD under Prof. Shiller!

By Mario V L

Aug 6, 2019

Excellent course. Professor Shiller is very clear explaining all topics. This course is really helpful, for people that is beginning in financial topics and also for people that already knows finance. That's because of the point of view of the topics, always with a social component. I really enjoy it and I recommend it.

By Justino L

Jun 13, 2020

The course is very specific on the terms and conditions managed on the markets. I think it describes every aspect of finance, in a way that is easy to understand for people that has not studied finance or economics. I think I've learnt much from it, Professor Schiller has a nice soothing way of portraying new concepts.

By Jose G P

Jul 11, 2020

Excellent training taught by Professor J. Schiller of Yale University. It has allowed me to clarify and deepen knowledge in the area of financial markets and its impact on the economy of an increasingly turbulent world. Thanks to Professor Schiller for the very didactic and pleasant way in which he taught the classes.

By Gabriel L

Jul 8, 2020

Amazing course and would highly recommend for anyone who wants an introduction to finance. Even if you don't like the area of finance and have no interest in further pursuing it, this course is great for anyone that invests in small amounts or want a good level of financial instruction to manage their money correctly.

By sourav N

Jan 25, 2018

Great course for beginners. I am from a non-finance background but Mr. Shiller presents his insights so beautifully and lucidly that it becomes easy to correlate things. But, the course lacks spoon feeding notes and may be that is for us to take things a bit more seriously and get those mental levers worked up a bit.

By vandit s

Feb 9, 2020

The course was very good for my knowledge in financial marketing and helped me learn a lot of new things which will help me in my future job opportunities.Robert shiller sir helped me a lot in the entire course.I really enjoyed a lot and got to learn new through this course.Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

By Carlos H d S

Sep 28, 2019

Very good general overview of financial markets with the view of how it can foster prosperity for human society. In particular, it expanded very much my understanding of risk management. Prof Schiller is an enthusiast of the subject and has lots of precious information and good stories to share. I fully recommend.

By Robert G

Mar 27, 2021

Unbelievable that a course of this quality taught by a superior professor can be taken free of charge. This is and incredible gift that the world should enjoy. While this professor has an impressive list of contributions and awards, this gift, in the long run, is likely to be his greatest contribution.

Bob Gasaway

By Chintamani D

Mar 28, 2021

Loved the course. The concepts were explained in detail with examples to understand better and the lectures were engaging and felt as if I was taking the lecture in person. I'm pursuing a bachelors in financial markets and a lot of the curriculum matched with this course but I definitely learned a few new things.

By parth k

Nov 4, 2020

The Course would be a good starter for anyone who is wishing to know how things work in actual world and how the concept of 'incentivization' works in impacting all the actions that we do. Professor Shiller boils all things to their basics and the side discussion along with lectures makes it a perfect experience.

By José C G M

Jul 31, 2020

This course shows a different vision of Financial Markets. Professor Shiller with a magnificent teaching methodology teaches us all the elements must be considered in Finances. Moreover, his insight on what finances and people's behavior should be is very interesting and inspiring. Thanks for sharing this course!

By Hitesh M

Jan 2, 2019

The best thing that i have learned as a undergraduate till date was my learning from this course

I believe i am blessed to have learned under a noble prize winning professor for no cost. Huge and deep respect for Dr. Robert Shiller the best par i liked about the course was Negative beta value stocks and Arbitrage

By Yusuf S

Apr 6, 2020

I had a Phenomenal learning experience. Professor Shiller's lectures are so captivating and thoroughly designed to prepare one right from the onset for a successful career in Finance. What a great luck to have studied under a world renowned sterling professor at Yale and Nobel Laureate in Economics. Thank You!

By Aaron

Sep 29, 2017

Robert inject a rare blend of human sensibility with intellectual clarity in guiding the learner through the complex world of financial markets in way that is enjoyable, practical and highly relevant to living life with more integrity and responsibility with the financial tools or "instruments" at our disposal.

By Jacqueline D

Dec 15, 2017

Excellent course on fundamentals of finance! I learned so much about how the business world operates. However, the assignments were extremely basic, and could have been designed to better develop/apply lessons from the course. The honors assignments in particular could have been more challenging and enriching.

By zlatimir s

Aug 17, 2019

A course taught by a very valued teacher. I dont think theres is much to say about the value you receive from a Nobel Prize holder like Professor Shiller. That was the reason I started this course. The course provided a very broad but fundamental knowledge / overview about financial markets and how they work.

By Diego F C C

Apr 29, 2021

Este curso me permitió conocer muchos aspectos históricos y técnicos del mundo financiero, lo que se convierte en una herramienta importante para mi desarrollo profesional, este curso le entrega al estudiante una visión mucho mas amplia del mundo financiero y su importancia en el desarrollo de la sociedad.

By Rahul D

May 22, 2020

Professor Robert Shiller makes it so easy for students like me to learn and understand. The whole credit for getting this course across to me goest to Coursera and Prof Robert Shiller. Courses like these are making significant impact on students like me who want to up skill during uncertain economic times.

By Lee G

Oct 26, 2017

Exceptional course that not just introduce the world of financial markets, but also explains how certain things are what they are now, the principles behind these actions/ events/ decisions. Moreover the values that Prof. Shiller tries to instill and inspire makes this course a must for everyone out there.

By Oksana H

Sep 24, 2020

It's a great course to get started in Finance and gain better understanding on Finnacial Markets and it's components. Robert Shiller shared a wide knowledge and his expertise on the Markets and encourage others to make finances work for the common good. leading by his example. Many thanks for this course!

By Mitzi S

Jun 29, 2020

Thank you Yale University, Professor Shiller, Teaching Assistant Arun Gupta, salon students, Roger Ferguson, Lei Zhang, and Coursera for imparting your invaluable wisdom to people who have no idea what financial markets were and how it affects my daily life (aka me). Finishing this course was a pleasure.

By Stijn v V

Jun 15, 2020

I have enjoyed every lecture from Robert Shiller, and would love to continue my studies (for example, with an advanced course on financial markets/economics). I can recommend this course to anyone looking to develop themselves into more financially literate individuals, or that is just curious to finance.