Back to Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Markets by Yale University

IH
Mar 9, 2021

This course is easy to follow and interesting. Professor Shiller is very motivating. It not teaching about finance but more importantly how finance can build a better life for all. Really recommended.

JC
Aug 19, 2020

401 - 425 of 3,987 Reviews for Financial Markets

By André L C d R S

Dec 29, 2020

One of the best courses I've taken so far. Professor Robert Shiller teaching Financial Markets guided me to a better understanding of our society, its relationships and accomplishments. This course is certainly a must for those who are eager to have a comprehension about our world. Thanks!

By Bassem S

Dec 21, 2019

I gained a much more exposure to / understanding of the US financial / Stock market. The course material and content are very good and Dr. Shiller presentation is excellent. Thanks to Yale UN and the team members behind this prestigious task. Kind Regards Bassem Saleh - bsaleh355@gmail.com

By Jesus C

Mar 9, 2021

It´s a great course even if don´t know anything, the professor Robert Shiller,He is a very wise person who is very passionate about his career and finances in general, he has a great knowledge also that he is very kind and charismatic and of course his Nobel Prize in economics says it all

By Danil S

Nov 29, 2020

The course is absolutely great! During the programm you will get deep into many aspects of how money work in our society, meet with various financial instrument, which you might not been familiar with, the proff. also shares his real life experience in finance and his venture experiences.

By Hitesh K K

Oct 5, 2020

Really insightful, especially for the people who want to get started with their career in finance and want to know what different kinds of things does the finance involves. After completing the course one would know what minute things that happen involve finance in some way or the other.

By Khagesh B

Jun 28, 2020

This course has been really helpful in understanding the basic financial working of markets. I am really thankful to Professor Schiller and Yale university to provide us with such a wonderful course. This course will certainly help us as an aid in the financial world out there. Thank you.

By Rohith R

Nov 25, 2019

A course which adds great value to your knowledge if you are interested in the financial services industry. Prof. Schiller's insights are great and interesting. Style of classes is in such a way that he encourages you to think and appreciate all the wonders of finance. Highly recommended.

By David H

Nov 22, 2018

I have been a big fan of Robert Shiller's since learning of his development of the Case-Shiller Housing and S&P PER Indices, and after reading Irrational Exuberance, so it was a great honor to be able to study with him, even if it was online through pre-recorded video viewed from Japan.

By Christian v S

Jul 27, 2020

Nobel Prize awarded Dr. Robert Shiller makes a great analysis of the financial markets. I liked the emphasis on institutions, leadership skills, risk management and behavioral finance to understand the functioning of securities, insurance, and banking industries. I highly recommend it.

By Nilda I C

Apr 21, 2020

Agradezco la amplia variedad de conceptos sobre mercados financieros, la generosidad y diversidad de pensamientos ilustres que aprendí en mi primer curso sobre Finanzas. Felicitaciones al querido Profesor Robert Shiller y a la prestigiosa Universidad de Yale, mis respetos y admiración.

By Ken R

Aug 18, 2017

While some of the material can be dry, the overall course is very worthwhile. Shiller's knowledge & insight are welcome, but the course is also greatly enhanced by the various discussions with students (beyond just those labeled as salons). The two bonus interviews were also excellent.

By Jash D

Aug 18, 2020

I have never Completed a full online course before because i lose interest midway but this is the first time i have completed a course before the actual submission date! Professor Shiller is an excellent person to learn from and he keeps the lectures interesting throughout the Course!

By Neil S

Oct 8, 2017

Excellent course. Professor Shiller made the video's very interesting despite them being educational. It was interesting and enjoyable. Excellent quality. Learned lots painlessly, nicely sized workloads (4hours/week). Looking forward to doing another course and ideally from Yale.

By Akanksha S B

This is a great course even for a non-finance person like me. There are a lot of takeaways from the course and its structure is systematic and engaging.

I would highly recommend this course to anyone seeking to answer the many questions of finance that have always troubled our minds.

By Darren L

Apr 27, 2020

Really great course to get involved in the world of finance. The lecturer makes the lessons very interesting and interactive with the user. I really enjoy the ongoing quizzes, chalk talks and salons which give you a deeper understanding of the coursework. Overall, a fantastic course!

By Arushi G

Dec 7, 2020

It is a wonderful course designed in an amazing manner. Prof. Robert Shiller really made it interesting. The course contains sufficient amount of assignments and tests. Being from economics background, the course helped me to understand the deep connections of economics and finance.

By narjes s

Nov 19, 2020

The best most valuable course I've ever done! No one can teach this module better than Robert Shiller! The lecturer is engaging and keeps you interested in the material. He tries to break it down so that you understand and the content is precise and lecturer is very knowledgeable.

By Phung E W

Jun 17, 2020

Professor Schiller gave very clear and straightforward content regarding everything I need to know for the financial markets. Also, i found that the histories examples and stories shared by the professor is getting me excited to understand more about this topic! Highly recommended

By Aditya J

Jun 6, 2020

This course is one of the best course I've taken so far. Prof. Shiller is one of the most engaging and knowledgable prof I've come across online. This course gave me a spark to pursue this field further. I hope that someday, I have the opportunity to meet Prof. Shiller in person!!

By Natchapol h

Jan 19, 2021

This course is great course. I am not so good in English so, I have to find the meaning of many words. However, I love the teaching from this course. He make me can easily understand the finance in USA . This course gonna encourage you to have more interested in finance for sure.

By Daniel R

Sep 26, 2018

Very good introduction to financial markets from an expert. Dr Schiller is an excellent instructor, and provides interesting examples and stories to clarify his points. I enjoyed the quizzes and assignments as well. I would happily take additional courses provided by Dr Schiller.

By Facundo V

Nov 28, 2020

It was really very satisfying, since it not only allowed me to open my mind to many new concepts and instruments, but also, unlike other financial courses, it allowed me to learn about the sense of social responsibility, using finance and philanthropy as a investment philosophy.

By Joshua Z P L

Feb 21, 2018

This course is a great way to learn the fundamental elements of financial markets, using mostly the United States as a reference. Besides, Mr. Shiller and his teaching assistant provide valuable insights on the course. Therefore, I highly recommend this Financial Markets course.

By Diego A T P

Jul 28, 2020

Curso muy dinamico y analitico que permite expandir tus conocimientos sobre el comportamiento de los mercados financieros y como estos fueron sufriendo cambios con el paso de los años. Ademas, permite conocer diferentes herramientas financieras y su creacion de muchas de ellas.

By Enrique R V

Jul 21, 2020

Brilliant course, essential for anyone that wants to get introduced in financial markets. Every topic from stock markets to mortgages and financial literacy is explained by an engaging and wise professor which makes it very interesting. I'm very happy to have taken this course.