Back to Financial Markets

May 9, 2020

4401 - 4425 of 4,464 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Aadit S O

Jul 9, 2020

Not as in-depth as I'd hoped.

By NIMISHA M

Sep 2, 2021

its ok

By CHIKKONDU L N

Aug 29, 2021

Good

By Pooja I

Aug 9, 2021

good

By pulla v r

Apr 10, 2021

Good

By Mohan K

Feb 2, 2021

good

By Max Y

Nov 5, 2018

Aug 8, 2021

t

By Anwesh M

Aug 28, 2020

Though the course is provided by one of the most esteemed university and professor, the "Beginner Level" tag on the course is highly misleading. I wanted a systematic introduction to financial linguistic and subsequent up-gradation of difficulty level, but what I experienced was a highly intellectualized lecture from the very beginning.

This course is best suited for individuals who have a prior knowledge and understanding of the subject, otherwise the entire lecture will sound alien and unorganized to the beginners.

I urge the Yale management to revise the misleading "Beginner Level" in this course.

By Spencer M

Jun 8, 2020

I am shocked that the course gets such high reviews. This is my third course with Coursera, but I don't think I will finish it (the other two I completed and gave five stars). The instructor often fails to introduce new or challenging concepts. When he does so he fails to explain them with the care and precision necessary for the learner to operationalize the idea. For a beginner course, this one really misses the mark. My sibling was also taking the course and we agreed on the course's shortcomings. It's a shame, because Professor Shiller obviously has a lot of knowledge.

By Armen K

Aug 24, 2020

By all my due respect, it was hard to follow the instructor.

The vital and important pieces of information were lost during the lectures due to confused and spontaneously mixed speeches. The lectures was not constructed properly to go from stating a theory, then presenting arguments and then coming to a conclusion.

Nevertheless, I completed this course with a higher grade thanks to my previous university education.

Sorry, if I may seem to be tough.

By Ru C C

Sep 20, 2020

Overall great for wanting to understand more about the basics of the financial markets. However, the course content focused way too much on history and very little practical use.

There are some videos where the lesson gets cuts over to the students having a conversation with he lecturer. That does not seemed to be a very smooth transition.

By belgisu t

Jan 4, 2021

This course is not well designed and not the best course for international users. There is too much quizzes and assigntments. Most of the videos consist of interviews, which i didn't learn anything from them at all. Professor is experienced and knows what he is doing, but he speaks slow and deviates from the subject time to time.

By Jacob F

Feb 11, 2021

The course is incomplete is certain areas and jumps around far too much. It seems to have been put together with snippets of the original course and leaves too many gaps.

By Rees

Jan 14, 2021

There's no nice way to say this, I'm sorry: the instructor is not a good public speaker. He may be wonderful one-on-one, but it is painful to listen to him lecture.