Back to Financial Markets

JC

Aug 20, 2020

51 - 75 of 3,180 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Pratik K

This course is a complete package to learn finance. It is an A to Z review which encircles the surface and core of finance and gave me a deep understanding of the working of finance. I believe this will help me a lot in the future to make important financial decisions in both my personal and professional life.

By nima

Apr 16, 2020

It's a fantastic course and Robbert Shiller is a genuine and humble teacher who has intensive knowledge and experience in financial markets. I highly recommend this course to everyone who wants to understand financial markets better.

By Pramod K S

May 26, 2019

Hello everyone

I recommend to you all to join this course because this course will give more knowledge about financial market. It will explain your all theoretical doubt and it help you to achieve financial goal. Thank you so much.

By Nicholas K

Apr 23, 2020

Great course for people to understand the nature of the financial market and how understanding the concepts will benefit yourselves to understand how finance play a big role in every aspect of life.

By Mitali J

Nov 26, 2018

Incredibly well taught course by Professor Shiller which is very informative and covers a broad range of topics. So glad that I took this course! I highly recommend it!

By Carlos E D O

May 21, 2019

This course allowed me to have better knowledge of the financial market, I feel more confident about some subjects that I needed to understand a 100%

By Alex Q

Jun 25, 2020

Robert Shiller has clear insight of the market, and doesn't hesitate to show a path of knowledge and humanity in a market as "cold" as finances.

By Elizabeth S J S

Jun 24, 2020

Es muy buen curso, ayuda a tener un panorama más amplio sobre mercados financieros y como esto tiene influencia en la vida diaria.

By IEVGENIIA K

Apr 17, 2020

I enjoy the course very much.

By AKRIT S

May 19, 2019

By Ben M

Dec 18, 2018

Outstanding

By Mike Y W

Apr 24, 2018

This is an MBA level finance fundamentals course developed in 2016. Professor Shiller covers a very wide range of topics, but not in as much depth as I would have liked. The course could have been better arranged by splitting it into two (or even three) in order to provide more depth in the topics covered. I enjoyed the Professor's humor, and the application of a number of the topics in real world scenarios. I also enjoyed the salon's (Q&A with MBA students), chalk talk, and his TA providing important informational tid-bits during the lectures. I spent a lot of time pausing during the lectures to take detailed notes, forcing me to spend a lot more time than I would have liked each week, and so I didn't have time to contribute in the discussion forums.

By Alex

Aug 22, 2019

Not as great as expected, but as the teacher said at the beginning, it is a global course about finance which is made for everyone, even non finance students.

By SALAUDDEEN

Dec 23, 2018

VERY GOOD COURSE. I ENJOYED A LOT

By Sriharsha P

Apr 14, 2020

Most of the description was about the back story of the topic and the ending was abrupt without a proper wrap-up. This was a little off-putting since the Rating of the course was quite high. The professor is good and his speech is quite clear and composed which is the reason for the 3 star rating.

However, these mixed feelings have thrown me into a dilemma whether to purchase a certificate or not.

By Yunqin Z

Aug 31, 2019

Topics are good. However the slides are not very well organized and include terminologies unexplained. Math and statistics touched in this course may be too fundamental for those who have a engineering/sciences background.

Principles/Concepts: 5/5

Math/statistics: 3/5

Slides & materials: 2 of 5

By Radu L

Aug 04, 2020

I'd say it's overrated. Very US-centered (I did not know). The quizzes were quire arbitrary, some questions were completely irrelevant, in my opinion. Very little math, unfortunately, and the bit that was there was barely put to use or to the test. Meh, I had higher expectations.

By Ingunn A F

Oct 07, 2017

It's informative, but not engaging.

By Gethro O

Apr 30, 2020

The videos are part of a real university course but are only snippets of lectures. The arrangement is bad. The instructor is very knowledgeable but often hard to follow. I reached week four but dropped out. I have learned quite a lot but I don’t think my knowledge is going to stay for long because I only understand small individual parts of lessons enough to pass the normal quizzes and have a ~50% on the honors quiz... Everything is quite a mess. :(

Professor Shiller has won a Nobel prize and I look up to him for that, but this course was just not planned well at all.

By Pengchong L

Dec 30, 2017

Lots of content seems to be cut out from the original lectures. There are cases where the questions in a certain quiz are related to lessons a few weeks in the future. The quiz questions are not very well designed compared to other courses on Coursera.

By Alexander J

Apr 20, 2020

Cuts up lectures and feels very disjointed, bounces from concept too concept too quickly.

By François H

Nov 02, 2017

To many discussions... not really a financial course

By Bruce

Mar 31, 2020

Good content but Presentation is quite rambling

By K

Apr 13, 2020

As it was highlighted as free course with certification for MOOC.

I haven't received course completion certificate though my course has been fully completed. This issue needs to be addressed as why Coursera is not issuing course completion certification as promised during COVID 19..Such a cheating to all the candidate to enroll for any course.

This is not acceptable at all.