Back to Financial Markets

May 9, 2020

76 - 100 of 4,474 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Parth M

Jan 12, 2021

This course on Financial Markets is a concise but informative one and the instructor is also really knowledgeable and is able to explain the concepts with ease which, otherwise seem quite difficult to understand.

Course highly recommended

By Aman S

Jul 13, 2020

Exceptional course by Yale and my thanks to coursera for providing me with a platform to learn from such a learned man. Special thanks and respect for Professor Schuller who is really a very wonderful and knowledgeable man of this field.

By nima

Apr 16, 2020

It's a fantastic course and Robbert Shiller is a genuine and humble teacher who has intensive knowledge and experience in financial markets. I highly recommend this course to everyone who wants to understand financial markets better.

By Pramod K S

May 26, 2019

Hello everyone

I recommend to you all to join this course because this course will give more knowledge about financial market. It will explain your all theoretical doubt and it help you to achieve financial goal. Thank you so much.

By Nicholas K

Apr 23, 2020

Great course for people to understand the nature of the financial market and how understanding the concepts will benefit yourselves to understand how finance play a big role in every aspect of life.

By FREDERICO G S

Feb 26, 2021

Excellent course, driving to understand the principles of Financial Markets. If you want to understand the fundamentals of financial markets, then you should do this course.

By Mitali J

Nov 26, 2018

Incredibly well taught course by Professor Shiller which is very informative and covers a broad range of topics. So glad that I took this course! I highly recommend it!

By Carlos E D O

May 21, 2019

This course allowed me to have better knowledge of the financial market, I feel more confident about some subjects that I needed to understand a 100%

By Alex Q

Jun 25, 2020

Robert Shiller has clear insight of the market, and doesn't hesitate to show a path of knowledge and humanity in a market as "cold" as finances.

By Juan C O L

Jan 18, 2021

Really good course. Even if you are not interested in markets finance, you should take this as an opportunity to improve your general knowledge.

By Elizabeth S J S

Jun 24, 2020

Es muy buen curso, ayuda a tener un panorama más amplio sobre mercados financieros y como esto tiene influencia en la vida diaria.

By Евгения К

Apr 17, 2020

I enjoy the course very much.

By AKRIT S

May 19, 2019

By Ben M

Dec 18, 2018

Outstanding

By Mike Y W

Apr 24, 2018

This is an MBA level finance fundamentals course developed in 2016. Professor Shiller covers a very wide range of topics, but not in as much depth as I would have liked. The course could have been better arranged by splitting it into two (or even three) in order to provide more depth in the topics covered. I enjoyed the Professor's humor, and the application of a number of the topics in real world scenarios. I also enjoyed the salon's (Q&A with MBA students), chalk talk, and his TA providing important informational tid-bits during the lectures. I spent a lot of time pausing during the lectures to take detailed notes, forcing me to spend a lot more time than I would have liked each week, and so I didn't have time to contribute in the discussion forums.

By Halim O

Jun 16, 2021

This course is good for adding our basic knowledge of financial market which is the current global financial market more connected almost all countries of world . With this course, we can learn the many basic importance theories and many samples from Professor Shiller about the finance market condition and how the financial can help the world for more balance life condition within wealthy countries and development countries.

By Alejandro V

Nov 12, 2020

Pretty good intro to finance, although I felt like Professor Shiller could have explained some things more clearly. I found myself frequently going to investopedia to understand things more clearly.

By Alex

Aug 22, 2019

Not as great as expected, but as the teacher said at the beginning, it is a global course about finance which is made for everyone, even non finance students.

By salauddeen s

Dec 23, 2018

VERY GOOD COURSE. I ENJOYED A LOT

By Adrian J C

Jun 23, 2020

Considering it is a beginner level course in Coursera, it's not really an introductory course. I find it somewhat predominantly behavioral finance, and most of the concepts were not well-defined or explained. The available downloadable powerpoint lectures aren't that meaningful. Lectures involving mathematical formulas were not even explained with sufficient effort, so you end up researching about it yourself. Prof. Shiller is an awesome lecturer, but there were times when I didn't understand what he was talking about at all. It feels a bit more intermediate, so the good thing about this course is you acquire some advance concepts in finance and Prof. Shiller has really shared some wonderful insights about finance during Salon discussions. Honestly speaking though, if you're looking for something really fundamental about Finance then this is not the course for you. You are better off taking Finance and Capital Markets at Khan Academy. Otherwise, a non-credit course certificate from Yale sounds good too, I guess.

By Sriharsha P

Apr 14, 2020

Most of the description was about the back story of the topic and the ending was abrupt without a proper wrap-up. This was a little off-putting since the Rating of the course was quite high. The professor is good and his speech is quite clear and composed which is the reason for the 3 star rating.

However, these mixed feelings have thrown me into a dilemma whether to purchase a certificate or not.

By Yunqin Z

Aug 31, 2019

Topics are good. However the slides are not very well organized and include terminologies unexplained. Math and statistics touched in this course may be too fundamental for those who have a engineering/sciences background.

Principles/Concepts: 5/5

Math/statistics: 3/5

Slides & materials: 2 of 5

By Radu L

Aug 4, 2020

I'd say it's overrated. Very US-centered (I did not know). The quizzes were quire arbitrary, some questions were completely irrelevant, in my opinion. Very little math, unfortunately, and the bit that was there was barely put to use or to the test. Meh, I had higher expectations.

By Alexander J

Apr 20, 2020

Cuts up lectures and feels very disjointed, bounces from concept too concept too quickly.