Back to Financial Markets

SK

2301 - 2325 of 2,618 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Trinadh V P

Apr 29, 2020

good

By Rucha W

Apr 25, 2020

Good

By SURYA V S M K

Apr 25, 2020

Good

By Mallela D

Apr 22, 2020

good

By DR. M E

Apr 22, 2020

good

By Nathan L

Feb 22, 2020

good

By Sneha S A

Nov 01, 2019

nice

By Om p m m

Mar 03, 2019

good

By deepak

Nov 25, 2018

Best

By Niharika S

Feb 26, 2018

good

By Bhavanla m

Jul 17, 2020

Sep 14, 2017

v

By 고미라

Jun 23, 2020

This course is absolutely not for beginners, I would know, I'm a beginner. I have no background in economics or finance, and my math was rusty at best (had to brush up on my probabilities). I'm currently on week 3, and I will say it takes me usually 1 to 2 hours to get through some of the 11- and 8-minute videos. The first week alone I spent 6 hours a day for 5 days just getting through the information. Let me explain, if you want to actually understand how the topics in future videos relate to the ones you're watching now, Investopedia, Google, and random undergraduate papers on the internet will become your best friends. Finance at first seems like a jumble of models that vaguely overlap, but you have to actually dive into the concepts and understand the maths and economics behind them to see how they relate to one another. CAPM was barely mentioned in week 1 and 2, but had I not taken 3 days to give myself a crash course on CAPM, nothing in week 1 and 2 would have made any sense at all and moving forward I wouldn't have understood how future formulas related to past concepts. This week I've spent 5 hours teaching myself how bonds relate to the discount rate we see in the DDM/GGM/ and PDV models, how yield and interest/ central bank policy are related, and what coupon rates are. This was to understand an 11-minute video, one of 8, in the first half of week 3. Be prepared. Gird your loins. If you want to get the most out of this course, use it predominantly as a template to direct you to new topics that you can research on your own, if you do this I promise you will learn more in 8 weeks than you could possibly imagine.

By Mikolaj W D

Jul 06, 2020

I have learned some good points about financial markets, some aspects of how corporation works and how they are governed, as well as different types of corporations were very interesting. i was also surprised how much i knew already, without having any kind of finance background. I guess it's four stars cause i was expecting more maths and statistics and there is very little of that( just in the beginning) it is still very interesting though. As a science graduate i was surprised that same formulas used in statistics in biology, can be applied to the financial markets. The course if worth a try especially for beginners in financial markets but also I would make essential for general public, to broaden their knowledge about finances. I also wish there was one or two more peer reviewed assignments. I think it was great to read other people work as views have differed so much! Also the peer review should have few more options for scoring points. but other than that it was a really interesting. Very good opportunity to get into civilised debate.

By Melvin L A M

I love Robert Schiller's talk and lessons on this topic and I have learned a lot under his years of wisdom on financial markets around the world and how they play a huge part in the world overall. I also find the instructor to have a friendly fatherly approach as he speaks to his students and how in each of the videos he would smile, laugh and shares his personal stories and it doesn't make the lessons to be dull or boring. However, for someone who is not from finance or economic background, I find the quizzes hard and only to find that the theme of the quiz were actually taught later on. I also wished that the lessons could be made simpler (especially on the graphs and charts) could be elaborated better and simple before each lesson so I could understand what was explained. In some cases, the graph is shown and explained what it was and then the quiz appears. I did not know how the graph works or what it is for. I'll be sure going to miss Robert as an instructor as I graduate from this course. Thank you Robert.

By Iulian C R

Awesome course! I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to expand its knowledge in finance, financial markets, and economics. Although it does not require any prerequisite, some finance, economics & business knowledge can significantly leverage the course outcome. Prof. Shiller is a great teacher and its a pleasure to listen to his lectures.

I would have given 5* if there was more student engagement with more practical exercises especially those that required to apply maths, such as CAPM, Std Dev., insurance pool, compounding interest, etc.

I find it helpful working closely with the recommended textbook Frank. J. Fabozzi - Financial Markets. Although the last edition is expensive, there on the internet some older or similar versions that can be downloaded.

By Brandon

Jul 04, 2020

This course in my opinion clearly showed that Yale University lecturers, even students are knowledge and provide a quality education. I currently study economics at the undergraduate level, so certain theorems and concepts came rather naturally as I was already familiar with them. However, I do believe this course provides the foundation to understand concepts, even having limited -- even no prior knowledge of finance. This course was intellectually stimulating and was worth my time to complete over this summer of 2020, I recommend it to anyone interested in seeing what all the fuss of finance is about. Dr. Schiller is an excellent lecturer and knowledgeable beyond belief.

By Douglas C

Jul 27, 2020

My interest in the subject is simply that - interest. I would not wish or expect the course to be the basis of a career in finance, but for someone who occasionally reads the financial pages of the newspaper (after the news, politics and sport) it is good to understand the rules of the finance game. In particular, the Covid pandemic has resulted in the creation of vast sums of money from literally nowhere, which for non-financial people like myself is mind-blowing. Now that I know that money can be created from nothing, and that austerity was a political choice not a necessity, I realise that the people of the UK have been conned for the last ten years.

By John J P G

Jan 15, 2018

I found this course to be very beneficial, and a great place to start for those intrigued by the movement and behaviour of the financial markets. Robert Shiller is an exceptional teacher, and has a skill that enables students to engage and easily learn from. I was very impressed with this course, although I found the assessment questions at times irrelevant to my learning and direction of pragmatism. All in all, I do recommend this course for everyone - even if finance is something you're not interested in - it gives you a good footing in developing solid financial knowledge and health.

By Knut T H

Apr 09, 2020

Very interesting course.

Took one star away due to the lack of interactivity in the course. It was to much talking head and powerpoint. More formative tests during the lectures would have helped. Not only questionnaires, but more interactive material. Some animations on some of the topics would also have helped.

Schiller is great at presenting the material, but it would really have helped the experience with some animations, real examples etc. to help us understand. All business schools runs case studies. Some micro case studies would lift this course a lot.