Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

AD

May 13, 2021

This course introduced me to the world of UX Design. It has also encouraged me to go deeper in this field and explore more. Thank you, Google, Coursera, Commonwealth, and the Government of Bangladesh.

NZ

Sep 14, 2021

It was great experience. The speakers were good designers who sharing their vision from the beginning to end. I do it just for few weeks, and I am happy to receive my certificate. Thank you, Googlers!

51 - 75 of 5,727 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By Gowtham P

Mar 28, 2022

First i have to tell the amount of effect and information than put in this course is great hell lot of information about UX Design. Now iam thinking that i have selected a best course offered about UX

By Wassim H

Mar 22, 2021

One word, Amazing! I am doing a career shift, so I started this course with many fears and doubts in mind, but after just one course, I went from doubtful to excited. Thanks Google.

By Md M U

May 4, 2021

Very goal-oriented course for the newcomer. This is the right track who are thinking to set up his/her career in UX Design sector. Highly appreciate to others. Just enjoy it.

By Samuel O

Mar 21, 2021

As an aspiring US Designer, this foundation course has impacted on me all I need to know starting up as a UX designer. All thanks to Google for this amazing project.

By Ganesh

Mar 20, 2021

Really It is made simple for anyone who is kicking off into the Ux Design, Thank You very much, Michael Deandrick for this amazing course.

By Mi P

Apr 26, 2021

This is awesome! As an entry-level, I've got fundamental knowledge about this field, which is super important to my future career!

By Ibrahim G

Mar 12, 2021

This was really insightful and I'd definitely recommend to anyone starting out in design.

By Mohammed S

May 18, 2021

Excellent Course, Now I know a lot of things about UX Design.

By Adham E

Dec 7, 2021

The Course is great for absolute Beginners!

By Anastasiya V

Mar 5, 2022

Easy to understand and absorb the information, but some of the activities (practices quizes) are long and tiresome. The same is true for many of the readings--they restate too much information that's already been said in previous videos, and the font and print of them is not pleasant or easy to look at and concentrate on. This is a really well-put together course, overall!

By Luis P

Mar 28, 2021

The materials were really interesting, clear and helpful. I mostly enjoyed the part about design sprints, here i learned some new things that i am sure i will use in the future. I was a little disappointed to have so much lessons about building a portfolio and social presence. I think this is important, but it isn't something i wanted from a UX Design course

By Darren C

Mar 24, 2021

First half of the course is quite good but it get boring as soon as it gets into the building personal portfolio section. Suggest to shorten that part a bit or move to later of the certificate when I have something to put in the portfolio.

By Malek E

Jul 5, 2021

Very informative and easy to understand even for people with zero knowledge about design. Highly recommend.

By Kristen G

Apr 4, 2021

If you have a learning disability not user friendly. They make it sound plain and simple in videos and then give you readings that are completely different then ask the questions using both to basically confuse you. I wish they had written the questions following all of my notes. They are unclear and vague at times and having more than one correct answer but not telling you how many can be very confusing at times. Using other types of questions would help too like fill in the blank and word bank types. I also do not like that no one actually checks your assignments for feedback these would be useful.

By Scott Q

Apr 15, 2021

This first half was very interesting but the second half about networking and personal branding was just too generic for the course and is often found in any career training.

By Измайлов И И

Nov 20, 2021

Too much information about finding a job. I don't like it, I just want to learn UX Design

By Eleonora L

Dec 7, 2021

more than ux foundations, it was a course about UX designer job

By C. R

Jul 22, 2021

Better information can be found on YouTube for free from more engaging individuals.

By Lubna R

Oct 11, 2021

I had finished up my ocurse and was in the process to submit my last week quiz where I lost all my work and previously completed workdone on the cousea. Now it reset to start over again which make no sense to waste time and money for the repeated material and charging fee on my account. Useless and closing the account for no gain in any sense. Don not recommend to any one.

By Joey F

Nov 13, 2021

I tried to cancel my free trial, but I received some errors from the server. Well, it left me with a charge for the first month and I'm not sure how to get reimbursed as to how I do not need this course.

By Tommy V

Nov 7, 2021

Didn't really learn much of HOW to actually do anything. All that was taught was what things meant like "What does it mean to be a UX Designer".

By isaias B

Sep 25, 2021

Ja estava na 4 semana e todo meu processo sumiu, tendo que comercar tudo novamente, fique decepcionado.

By madu b

Sep 21, 2021

The lessons, be it video, reading etc., was well structured and the flow of course was excellent. To me the teachings/concepts came through well from the instructors and the readings and thank you all for that. I find this program to be comprehensive in the sense the UX was delightful particularly when I experienced the effort by the training's designer viewing the student from a 360 degree perspective and giving answers/info even before it comes to the mind of the student. For example, setting up the social media accounts, networking, ways to search for getting jobs and the types of jobs possible are some aspects given as part of the training in the program, bravo!

I have some suggestions to make, please advise as to what email I should send it to?

Best regards,

Madu.

(Madurai Bharani)

farmermadu@gmail.com

===============Given below are my suggestions for your consideration ===============

Following are my suggestions, I noted down as I was going through the lessons, I apologize if some of the suggestions below are more out of my ignorance!

9/3/21

Suggestion:

Provide a one click saving as pdf the lesson the text part and graphics in the local drive.It shall help for offline viewing and allow local storage.

Add following name tags to Course items to the file tree on the left side of the screen.:

“1C1T” which will be First Course, First Item which is a Text  or V for video, D for discussion etc.. Advantage of this naming protocol is, the name tags displays the actual order of the Courses and Items within as in the original listing hence when viewing or sorting the files im the local drive. Also if the student wants to communicate with Coursera or Google  for clarification or suggestion such name tags could help

9/4/21

In the last screen Participant entry survey

“Thank you for completing … learning journey!” hitting the highlighted thank you button should close the screen as well instead of moving the cursor the “x” on the top right corner, because to hit the highlighted Thank you button is more an intuitive and reflex action and hitting also completes the process of the survey as required. It also saves the mousing moving time!!

9/5/2021

In the last screen  in “Commit to completing the program”

Clicking on the button “SAVE MY COMMITMENT” doesn't close the screen, have to click on the “x” on top right corner.

9/7/21

The text does not automatically scroll when  reading the highlighted texts after minimizing video.

9/11/21

Mark as completed button not visible at end of video UX design jobs at different types of companies

9/11/21

In the: Reading The influence of company size and industry

Under advantages for all the categories of company size and type it would help if an outline of employment benefit is mentioned for eg:

Large company may have base salary + 401K + Health Insurance

Startups may have base salary only and employing as independent contractor with stock options

9/15/21

In

Week 2

Reading : Think like a designer: Learn more about different design frameworks

Given in the Reading:

Keep in mind that the Google UX Design Certificate was built with the design process in mind.

Shouldn't the above read as follows:

Keep in mind that the Google UX Design Certificate was built with the  design thinking process in mind.

9/16/21

Quiz in video may include audio as well?

9/20/21

Add a checklist for the week and end of course of what has been taught! Apart from the glossary that is provided for each week!

By Daijah R

Mar 24, 2021

I 100% recommend this course. Whether you're a new designer, or someone who has had formal training in UX and looking to brush up your skills, it's worth it.\n\nContent: The course is very intentional about focusing on research, testing, and user-centric best practices, while remaining relevant to current trends in UX. The instruction prioritizes accessibility and inclusivity which is often missed in introductory design courses. You do not need prior knowledge of UX, and very minimal knowledge of tech in general! From the very beginning, the instructors explain EVERYTHING you need to know. There are numerous resources provided throughout the course for added success such as training for tools, readings, and discussion. The content is so helpful that you're rarely left with questions, and when you are, there is opportunity to contribute to a peer discussion board.\n\nTime expectations: One of the greatest parts of the course is being able to work at your own pace. I typically have a pretty busy schedule and was able to complete assignments during the allotted time I had set aside to work. If you're a career-pivoter or someone working full time, you would absolutely still be able to be successful. While the self-timed work is great, sometimes it can be a bit intimidating so I was also grateful that while I am able to work at my own pace, the course also sets time expectations. The peer graded work also helps to motivate you to work efficiently!\n\nCompared to other courses/bootcamps: I have had experience with other introductory UX courses, and this by far has been among my favorites. I appreciate that the course allows you to be on an individual track while also being able to interact with peers who are also learning. Additionally, I find that other courses may focus way too much on work outside of UX. I really enjoyed that this course set the foundation for User Experience principles rather than solely focusing on visual elements and tech jargon.\n\nOverall, this course was accessible for people of all experience levels! I recommend beginning with this course and continuing with the accompanying courses for a well-rounded education of UX Design.

By Robyn S

Mar 14, 2022

I Think this course was great! however I think some of the information was redundant. I think some of the information was redundant because in some cases the speaker will introduce you to a new a topic and or a new vocabulary word because it coinscides with the currentl lesson your're learning, then you'll read about that same topic or vocab word, later in the course, and then you'll get reintruduced to that same topic or vocab word but in more detail and have to watch a video that goes into more detail also. It was confusing at times because I took a lot of notes, and knew that I had already wrote notes for a specific topic already, or learned a certain vocab word already becauseI wrote notes on it, only to come across that info again but in more detail later in the course which made me feel like I was learning about the same thing twice in some cases. I wish they simply kept certain topics seperate and not introduced them early in the learning, give basic yet super understandable definitions, only to introduce it again in more detail.