Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

NB

Mar 11, 2022

It is a great course for beginners and people transitioning to UX/UI design career from other fields. It gives you a basic knowledge and information what UX design is and how to apply it in real life.

NZ

Sep 14, 2021

It was great experience. The speakers were good designers who sharing their vision from the beginning to end. I do it just for few weeks, and I am happy to receive my certificate. Thank you, Googlers!

126 - 150 of 5,749 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By vatsal p

Dec 7, 2021

I have successfully completed the Google UX Design course and this course inspired me to do more in UX in the coming future like go in AI UX, Robotics UX design etc..., I have worked in all Adobe Design software besides that I am working in Sketch App, Invision App where you can put your UX/UI in working stage in all medium and share with your PO and beyond. This course teach me and make my thought process the right way and understand how the UX process works precisely.

By Yates M

Mar 9, 2022

I really enjoyed this course and feel that it has given me a solid foundation to help kickstart my new career in UX Design. My only critique is that in the section featuring LinkedIn profiles, all of the profiles were of recent graduates who majored in UX Design. I am in my early 30s and am changing careers. I would have liked to see more resources on how someone who changed careers incorporated their knowledge and skills from their previous career into their resume.

By Nancy B

Sep 14, 2021

Navigating Coursera's CareerCommunity via SLACK was a major challenge with little support, but otherwise the UX content for this initial course was great. The videos are not long, and I appreciate the closed captioning + Save Note feature that lets users capture key definitions and processes on the screen for later review. There's a consistent pattern of content-laden video, then reading, then practice, then a quiz which I also found helps with the learning process.

By Audreal G

Mar 19, 2022

I really found it helpful that there were subtitles available on each of the videos. As well as, hilighted text to read along with. I am someone who learns best with subtitles and highlighted texts, it not only helps me retain the imformation but allows me to stay engaged. I appreciated the mulktiple choice quizes, and the "downloadable" glossary PDF's. Overall it's a really great course for someone who is just starting out in the world of UX design. Well done!

By Joseph " B

Mar 31, 2022

I​t really provides a great introduction into UX Design.

M​y only problem with it was I feel like some forced interaction with other students would have been beneficial however when you can be on your own time frame I understand getting people together seems near impossible.

T​here is still interactions people can have like study groups and discussion boards.

I​n the end I 5 STARED this course because of the abundance of information in a easily delivered manor.

By Ekta G

Jun 7, 2021

For one who is completely new to User Experience [UX], this course is the best way to start . Basics of UX explained so much easily. Every video tutorial and reading makes you eager to learn. Practice quiz, discussion prompt helps you to gain confidence for the weekly reviews. Foundation of UX Design makes you familiar with user research, UX terms, job profile, how to make portfolio, making social presence online and many other things with very good examples.

By shi

Apr 24, 2021

I really enjoyed the pacing of the course. The written portions and reflections of the course were definitely the most tedious parts of the process BUT I thoroughly enjoy them and found them to be the most effective for learning! I realized that the written sharings from other classmates were more prevalent in the modules in front as compared to the later parts of the course, I wish people could be more participative? I enjoy reading people's reflections. :)

By qinyuan z

Mar 9, 2022

Very nice course. In this course, I learned about the user experience and its importance to users and enterprises, and the benefits of design to users. Learn about each phase in the user experience process and what tasks I might do as a user experience designer. Learned the tools, frameworks and platforms commonly used in user experience design. The steps of designing sprint are determined. Start developing my portfolio, personal brand and online profile

By mahsa y

May 4, 2021

This course was so amazing for me that every day I looking forward to learning more and more about user experience. The content was worthwhile and useful. All well-designed templates guided me to not be afraid of making my theoretical knowledge practical once. Peer forum in this journey was a chance in a collaborative way with others. Actually, such a course extremely transform my experience into a great one in online education. Thanks for high quality.

By Hrushikesh J

Dec 5, 2021

This course has helped a lot.

Explaination used in this course is simple and effective.

I recommend This course to all of you.

I got to learn many new design concepts, frameworks and methods.

I got to know about UI/UX roles and responsibilities.

This course has reference to great websites, articiles, books and portfolios also.

I have learnt a lot from this course and want to thank all my mentors, Google and Coursera for providing such awesome content.

By Ahjarhe W

Jun 13, 2021

Course was easy to follow through and the quizzes definitely made the difference for me. Although I would like for some of the other assignments to actually be graded or with a mentor's feedback I do appreciate this course for allowing the Imposter I once felt like I was give genuine credit to myself and understand what my fears were and how to face them. Grateful for this course and Google for making it affordable! See you in the Design realm.

By Jean-Paul A

Feb 6, 2022

This course has given me a solid foundation for understanding UX Design. I appreciate the inclusion of the topics that included networking, branding, and online presence to improve prospects for work. It would be easier to just focus on raw skills using different software, but taking the time to put yourself out there is just as important and in some ways can be more difficult. The push from this course was exactly what I needed. Thank You!

By NISHANT G

Jun 24, 2021

Awsome course I have learn lot of things about UX Design This course help me to understand whats is UX Design and Why it is required. It helps you know more the terms and definations in UX Field and how a UX Designer do to create a product for users. I have learned lots of definations in UX but I can't understant how I can use some of terms but I know I have understant these terms prpoerly in upcoming courses . Thankyou Google and instructors

By Megan

May 2, 2021

This first month course in the UX design series through Google has been very encouraging in my journey to becoming a UX designer. I believe that they have an insightful and welcoming approach to building a solid UX design foundation, and I am very happy to have chosen this series of courses for reaching my goals. I feel confident in moving forward to the second month, and confident in knowing that this career choice is a perfect fit for me.

By IDEAS N

Oct 18, 2021

Me gustó muchísimo. Siento que la información es de primera mano y de buena calidad, y de verdad que me motiva a seguir aprendiendo y a expandir mi universo de posibilidades. Desde pequeña supe que podía hacer cosas grandes e internacionales, después, con el pasar de la vida y la adultés un poco perdí el interés o el eje. Pero ahora me siento nuevamente en camino y de verdad creo que encontré finalmente mi lugar en el mundo. ¡Gracias!

By Gil P

Mar 30, 2022

I really enjoyed my first weeks in this course! I started with some doubts about if this course model was right for me and during the lessons I realized that I was really satisfied with it. The speaker is very charismatic and well-spoken. The most difficult thing to learn was also the most interesting, how to build my portfolio and have an online presence. This first weeks were very inspiring and I will be continuing this course.

By Ewa K

Nov 30, 2021

It is a well-structured course, full of practical information. I loved the self-review parts, I also found the brief testimonials of UX designers very interesting and supportive. But what I liked the most is the design sprint part, which allowed me to have a peek into a real UX design work. I will surely recommend this course to anyone who considers taking up a new career path and want to resolve if UX design is the right one.

By Morris L

Apr 11, 2021

I can't help feel invigorated, revitalized, and just out excited after taking this intro level course. It gave me insight and taught me things in a very engaging/interacting way. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a potential career shift or even if you have the experience already just take a look and see the creative insight from others along the way to help inspire you along your own personal journey.

By Chris T

Dec 3, 2021

My experience was absolutely great!! I learned so much even though I already have year developing websites. Highly recommend for anyone getting started with UX Design. This course thought me the difference between User-Experience, End-user and User. I also learned that in UXDesign its very broad and a lot of opportunity from Visual Designer, Motion Designer, VR/AR Designer, UX Researcher, UXProgram, UXWritter, UXEngineer etc.

By Son T

May 18, 2022

The course provides a good overview of the general themes of UX as in what it entails, what you'll be tasked to do as a UX designer, where the study comes from and where it is today. You'll also learn about the different methodologies used by teams throughout the UX phases to get a product from concept to completion. Overall, the course delivers on what its title suggests - a solid foundational knowledge of the field of UX.

By PARTHASARATHI

Mar 30, 2022

this is a wonderful course to know what UX is and why it's important, what are the things UX designers do, how to make a digital precense, as for me, I am a non-English speaker, and I didn't often use English for day to day life, so my fluency level in English is not that good, even so, I can understand the contents Esaylly without much trouble. and Thank you Coursera for giving me this opportunity to enroll in this course.

By aditya s

Nov 30, 2021

Very well crafted. It is one of the best UX courses Online. Kudos to google team and Coursera for the same. It is really good and can't think of any improvement. However, I got confused initially, since the videos are already uploaded so why there is an start and end date provided for batches and due to this confusion ended up paying twice for same foundation course. That was the only issue otherwise course is good.

By Hansuli B

Apr 15, 2021

This course was extremely helpful in providing all the practical knowledge to establish me in the job market. Very precise and to the point. Loved the experience with the ability to download the course material for later reference Also the notes and the questionnaires were designed in a way to help me gain knowledge and not only assess me. That was very helpful. Looking forward to learning more in upcoming courses.

By Intermedia I

Dec 10, 2021

This course was very good! I have learned how to choose between three design processes: The five elements of UX Design, Design Thinking and Design Sprint. In addition, I became updated with the last UX roles, because they changed across the years. The most difficult thing to apply is the portfolio building because it takes a lot of time, but I've learned that I should freeze some time spaces each week to do that.

By Cassidy M

Dec 29, 2021

This course gave me the framework to understand a field that I had only just heard the name of and help me realize how my life and professional experience tie in to this growing field. I now have a professional website ready to feature my portfolio, professional social media accounts ready to go and a great system of knowledge to create strong dendritic connections across as I continue through this coursework.