Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

NB

Mar 11, 2022

It is a great course for beginners and people transitioning to UX/UI design career from other fields. It gives you a basic knowledge and information what UX design is and how to apply it in real life.

NZ

Sep 14, 2021

It was great experience. The speakers were good designers who sharing their vision from the beginning to end. I do it just for few weeks, and I am happy to receive my certificate. Thank you, Googlers!

176 - 200 of 5,739 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By anjika g

May 22, 2021

This course is a life changer. I have learned so much about UX design in just a few day that I don't think it would have been possible otherwise. the fact that it is a self paced course makes it even better as one doesn't have to wait for the next lecture to be released. I cant wait to start the second course. thank you Google and all the instructors for making this knowledge available to us.

By Mohit G

Dec 12, 2021

One Of The Best Courses In The It Field I This Course You Will Learn Different Things If You Don't Know Any Thing About UX Design No Worry They Will Teach Your Every Thing The Best Course I Ever Had it Covers Activity, Tests, Experience Sharing And Many Things. Just The Thing You To Know For Learning This Course Is Just Know How To Use Computer That's It. Rest Everything They Will Teach You.

By Christine S

Jul 15, 2021

I really enjoyed taking this! I had been feeling pretty lost in going for an associates in graphic design. I'm still studying it at a community college, but I didn't feel any motivation or even know what I was wanting to do. After taking this, I feel inspired to learn more about the UX design field. I know that with learning this and graphic design, I'll have some good skills under my belt!

By Nazanin p

Jun 22, 2021

For me, it was a great start. Now I know what the process is and what's going on in the UX. Last day I answered some questions of a senior UX designer about User research and designing for different platforms, and that was cool. The process was fluent and full of empathy and learning. Special thanks to google and Coursera. I just can't wait to start the next course with google's great team.

By AJIT B

Apr 4, 2022

​The course structure was easy for any new aspirant who wishes to enter the field of user experience design. The course covered the foundation and also prepared us for the multi layered strategy for transforming this educational experience into a career Opportunity. I wish all the aspirants a good luck and hope their goals are accomplished as this course offers a right amount of guidance.

By Oksana G

Dec 20, 2021

In this course, I learned about user experience and why it matters to users and businesses, and what makes design good for the user. Defined various disciplines in UX and what tasks I can do as a UX designer. Studied common tools, frameworks and platforms used in UX design. Defined the stages of the design sprint and how you, as an entry-level UX designer, can get involved in the process.

By Sedimbi S P

Apr 9, 2021

This is a great course that gave me a good foundation of the basics. The module where accessible and equitable design is discussed is gold. A topic so important being covered right in the beginning has laid a strong foundation as the awareness is planted in the early stages. The guidance and assignments to work on building our personal portfolio was very helpful! An Amazing Course indeed.

By karla l h r

May 25, 2021

Hi! The course was amazing. However, I would like to suggest one thing, in countries such as Peru, the certificate does not count unless it says the amount of hours that the course took. The same happens in many countries in Latin America and other countries such as India too.

I would love if you could at least put in the certificate an approximate amount of hours of the course. Thanks!

By Nicole G

May 14, 2021

The course was so wonderful. Everything was set at a great pace, the material provided in the course was thorough and immensely helpful, and the instructors are skilled and passionate in what they do. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to get started in UX Design or wants to understand what exactly UX Design entails. It's great for people of all experience levels!

By Sandra A P G

Feb 21, 2022

U​ktra super básico, pero obligatorio para obtener el certificado completo. Si ya se cuentan con bases o historia en el campo, resulta sumamente tedioso y cansado de seguir, se rescatan algunas cosas, pero son muy pocas. Considero debería existir la opción ¿ya cuentas con algo de esto?, para poder evitar estar escuchando videos sobre como hacer un portafolio, cuando ya se tiene uno.

By Monique M

Dec 21, 2021

The lessons are easy to digest. pause and come back to especially during a hectic work day. I love that I can work at my own pace and they provide so much information on each topic. Being completely new to the world of UX Design, I feel like I am understanding the fundamentals thus my confidence is growing. I am excited for to complete ALL of the courses and see where this takes me!

By Khy-Lan P

Mar 26, 2022

Coming into this I had no experience or knowledge about UX Design. This course provides a strong foundation with models of the expectations of skills learned. It was also useful in teaching me how to create a website, domain, and e-portfolio for myself. I loved this part! These skills are very transferable. I'm excited to continue through the program and learn more valuable skills.

By Alex

Dec 2, 2021

I love the supportive, uplifting, and empathetic tone of the instructor and the course overall. I love how the course teaches concepts in easy-to-understand ways and fun graphics and animations. As someone confused in life about where to go as far as career goes, I really appreciate the supportive tone of the program and also, it's given me confidence to keep going with this course

By Muhammed S

Nov 25, 2021

The Course is very well structed and very easy to understand and follow even the beginners can just get started and learn on the go.

All the instructor's try to talk clear and as slow as they can for everyone to understand.

And all the activities to guide us to create our personal brand everything is amazing

looking forward to complete the rest of the 6 courses in this specialization.

By Emma H

Feb 4, 2022

It was great experience. The areas and speakers were are so good, the way to explain, the visual material, the course is so clear, structured, and deep. Many concepts and terms that I didn’t know before. WOW! I learned many new things and new perspectives, and I feel so identify with Juan- A UX designer career journey. And I am happy to receive my certificate. Thank you, Googlers!

By Philip R

Apr 17, 2021

This is a great starting point if you are considering a career in UX Design or simply interested in learning what makes design good and the process of getting there. This course is very hands on - prepare to develop an online presence, join design communities and reaching out to real UX professionals to mentor you. Lastly, the content is well curated and professionally delivered.

By Naya L

Apr 19, 2022

This was a fantastic introduction! I didn't like having to network so early (in fact, I didn't actually network with UX professionals, I networked with marketing professionals for my personal business). I also didn't like creating a portfolio with nothing in it--but I'm actually glad I was pushed to do so! I hate writing bios so it made me work on things that I would rather not.

By Precious S

Apr 1, 2022

It was a really insightful and super engaging course. I loved every bit of it and I learned a lot from each week's module. If you are looking for a course in UX Design that has a very easy self-paced schedule, and one that explains everything in detail, I would recommend signing up for this course. I can guarantee that if you put in the necessary time, you will not regret it.

By Júlia M

Apr 20, 2022

I loved the first course. For those who do not have English as their mother tongue, like me, it is not difficult to understand, the teacher speaks very slowly, has subtitles and also under the video there is a text with everything he said in the video. The readings also help a lot, it's very explanatory. I liked very much. I am very happy that I completed the first course .

By Jenn P

May 3, 2022

Excellent course if you're interested in UX Design. I already thought I knew a lot, but boy was I wrong. The step by step lessons really broke everything down in an easy to understand & easy to follow along process. I not only learned the entire UX Design process from start to finish, but also gained a better understanding of the various roles within the UX design field.

Sep 5, 2021

I really appreciate for this thoughtful lecture. Especially, I love the part about imposter syndrome, because now I prepare to move to UX field from another field, and I was intimidated. You gave me courage and empathy.

And the lecture is not only teaching UX Design thories, but also informing mindset and introducing excluded users, too. It was so considerate.

Thanks a lot.

By Sandra C

Oct 2, 2021

I feel that Course 1 definitely prepared me to move on to the second course. The material covered was concise and never made me feel anxious. It was a step by step process that built upon itself and made sure that us, the viewer/ user, were always comfortable and aware of what the course material was understandable. Thank you Google and Coursera for being such a big help!

By PRIYASHA A

Jan 31, 2022

For anyone starting this course or still confused read this. This course not only gives foundation to UX Design knowledge but also introduction to the career for UX Designers. There are certain challenges in the professional life for which no one prepared us for neither in schools nor in college, but this course has a different approach to education for us. All the best!

By Maria S

Oct 24, 2021

I find it difficult for the part with personal branding, as a beginner it is difficult to know what skills you have that can help you in the UX Design field. Also the part with approaching a UX Senior it is pretty soon in the course since you have no idea what is what. But overall the first course was very informative and very insightful and a good start for beginners :)

By Navneet

May 25, 2021

I fascinate about this course that creates a buzz to deep dive into the course and explores the remaining courses to learn more intensively. The structure of this course is perfect for beginners who have no background or experience in this field. Detailed explanation general things are laid the fortified foundation of users. This course is an example of equitable design.