Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

AD

May 13, 2021

This course introduced me to the world of UX Design. It has also encouraged me to go deeper in this field and explore more. Thank you, Google, Coursera, Commonwealth, and the Government of Bangladesh.

NZ

Sep 14, 2021

It was great experience. The speakers were good designers who sharing their vision from the beginning to end. I do it just for few weeks, and I am happy to receive my certificate. Thank you, Googlers!

226 - 250 of 5,722 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By vitaly c

May 13, 2021

Very detailed and I was able to go at my own pace. Lots of information to read but it is very interesting and gives a lot of knowledge. The explanation of lecturers is easy to understand even for people that English is not a mother tongue. I enjoy the transition between reading and videos with the pop quizzes in the videos. I would recommend this course.

By Maria C P A

May 14, 2022

Me parece que esta bien distribuido, y permite poner en oractica los conocimiento adquiridos. Los foros y el material extra permite que se el trabajo dea autonomo, y asi mismo enmarca la importancia de adquirir este tipo de conocimientos con orientacion en puntos cruciales en el desarrollo d eun producto o en cualquier etapa del ciclo del mismo.

Gracias.

By Megan N

May 23, 2021

This is a great course for anyone who has little to no idea what UX Design is. It describes the fundamental aspects of UX Design, the different possible rolls you might be interested in, and how to build a portfolio that matches your goals. I also found all the readings and extra articles to be very on point and helpful. I can't wait to keep going!

By Joussef A

Oct 18, 2021

I am very interested in the field of user experience, so this period was very exciting, with a lot of interesting information and of strong interest to me In addition to the strong lecturer who was one of the strongest and most interesting things in this course I learned a lot about the field. Thank you, Google, and Coursera for this wonderful course

By jongwon P

Mar 19, 2021

I wanted to learn A-Z about UX Design, and this theory class contained all of it through the authentic experiences of Google employees.

I am satisfied with all the classes, but I still don't know much about UX, so I'm going to study more at the recommended Google site!

I'm so happy to think that the things I've been doing are really close to UX DESIGN!

By Guillaume B

Mar 3, 2022

This 1st course was really dope ! A good introduction to UX design and it allows me to see that I project myself in this position in the future !

Everything was really interesting, so I can't wait to put all I learned in practice and finish the other courses to get my certificate and get to work in this new field, and see where my carreer will go !

By Women W C R

Dec 5, 2021

I liked the course very much, excellent to have knowledge of the fundamentals of UX, the processes to have solutions, the market, career, tips to create your portfolio, types of design, goals and values for the market, the course was simple and objective. I am super excited to continue my studies, practice and seek a job opportunity in this area.

By Leobardo G

Mar 19, 2021

This is a great course for anyone looking to start a career in UX Design. You'll cover common design practices used by industry professionals, as well as the foundations of design. Throughout the course, you'll be learning new terminology to get you ready to speak as a designer and towards the end you'll learn about portfolio building and branding.

By ps b

Jan 15, 2022

For the ones who seek to explore the world of UX and want to understand the "design process" is foundational course is the right start.

With the global and world inclusive thought process that the tutors from Google bring forth to the table, satiates the urge for the right appetizer to begin what seems like a delectable UX professional meal feast.

By Sincerely P

Sep 18, 2021

A great course to explore with all the necessary teachings on fundamental UI/UX principles. I'd recommend this course to anyone interested in App/Web development, Not only will you benefit on the technical side in terms of design, You'll also get to understand the psychology that goes into product design which is essential for understanding users.

By Gunjan S

Apr 13, 2021

Its really help to increase your skill and if you are new in UX Design then it will help to learn from the scratch. I have learn lots of things in details about UX design and its principle, design sprint, retrospective and its benefits, how to create portfolio and its impacts and about social media. It's really great course. 100% recommendation.

By Kayla R

Apr 28, 2022

This course taught me what a UX Designer does, what type of companies hire UX Designers, and other people that UX Designers work with. The material is presented in a way that is easy to understand and the discussion forums are helpful to engage, reflect, and collaborate with other students taking the course. I am looking forward to the next one!

By Ezeofor K

May 19, 2022

Before I took the course, I thought I knew a bit about design. But in the course, the instrusctors broke down the fine details of what User Experience design really is.

It was an eye opening experience and it taught me to appreciate the basics of UX design. Its beginner-friendly, and mid-level designers can surely learn a thing or two as well.

By Chev M S

Apr 14, 2021

I have been transitioning to UX Design for over a year now. I took online courses from another institution before this program was launched. As I was experiencing the first two weeks' content of this course, it made me wish that this program was launched a year earlier! The course was very structured! Can't wait to continue to the next course!

By Jeremy B

Mar 24, 2021

Very good course for beginners! The videos explain the concepts well, and it was cool getting to learn from people at Google. I've tried learning UX on my own, but it was hard. I feel like I was always missing a foundation or the basics or something to make it really stick. I definitely feel like I have a good foundation now, and I'm stoked!

By Rafael R T A

Sep 28, 2021

Excellent course to be introduced in UX design! The content, the material, the learning process, all are very thoughtful and now that I've completed it I feel I've learned a lot about UX design and can't wait to get deeper knowledge in the following courses. Definitively, the best choice I could've done to transition my career to UX design.

By Lorraine D A K

Mar 24, 2021

This is great introductory course into User Experience Design that actually has a great UI. What stood out for me was the pop-up questions that helped ensure that I was focused every step of the way. The practical hands-on activities helped me develop myself not only in the field of UX but helped me have a more holistic professional growth.

By Anna Z

May 9, 2022

Thank you and all your team for such a cool course! It really helped me to plunge into the world of UX-design! The program was useful to me and i find out many interestinsg. What I liked most was the week dedicated to sprint design. The most difficult thing about identifing biaces espesialy my own) I am so exited what is going to be next!

By Alexis J S

Sep 8, 2021

Michael was a great instructor, and the phasing and chunking of the course into parts was splendid. I like studying here better than in university! There's no rush to complete anything, and no unnecessary pressure imposed. I love learning for the sake of helping people, not in order to simply comply with grade requirements. Thanks Google!

By Amanda G

Jun 15, 2021

Had so much fun doing this course! It's not all easy! I felt challenged all the way through, and it's only the first course! Luckily I should be able to learn enough each week to help me progress enough to grow a great deal. I feel very much like a fish out of water, in many ways, but also as though I am returning to old, familiar waters.

By Sonia K

Mar 18, 2021

To anyone interested in UX Design, this is the course to give you a real taster of what to expect and you'll come out of it with a real world grasp on what UX design is and the ways in which you can carve out your own career path - this includes a sound knowledge base to help you hit the ground running while moving towards a career in UX!

By Veena K J

Jan 19, 2022

The course was good and interesting. I am currently working as a Creative Director UX in a technology company in Bangalore I decided to do this course to enhance my skills, fill the gaps and improve my work quality and thus i can add value to my design. It was great and helpful. I strongly recommend this to any genre level of UX designer

By Hoàng M

Jul 5, 2021

The course is very understandable and easy to follow as a beginner. Throughout the course, I feel so comfortable when I have to tackle new knowledge and it is the reason why I achieve information faster than other field. Thanks to Google and Coursera for building this useful course! I hope I can enroll and complete more course like this!

By Maria d P M R

May 24, 2021

An excellent course for beginners like me who don't have any clue where to start, here you will learn the basics, something really important if you want to be a UX Designer. The knowledge you receive here is from real professionals, all the information is very valuable. It helps you open your eyes to a wide world with many possibilities.

By Arvind K S

Apr 30, 2021

An amazing course for beginners who want to get started with UX design and its fundamentals. The course content is detail oriented and all concepts are explained with clarity. The timeline, presentation and course videos were great. It keeps us motivated and determined to complete the series and learn the expertise of design masterclass.