Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

NZ

Sep 14, 2021

It was great experience. The speakers were good designers who sharing their vision from the beginning to end. I do it just for few weeks, and I am happy to receive my certificate. Thank you, Googlers!

UK

Mar 26, 2022

It was so cool to learn new skills online and it was so understandable and thankfull to Google team, Courseera and the technology that helped people like me to get new skills flew in the blood stream.

201 - 225 of 5,670 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By Ravindra K K

Aug 16, 2021

Hi I am Ravindra, Graphic Designer from Bangalore. This course is really too good, anyone willing to get into UI/UX career or already in the field, this course will be beneficial. Because lot of UX/UI terms are explained clearly. It is very illustrative. Fun to learn. I have just completed Week 4. Good luck to those who are upcoming UI/UX Designers from Coursera Google.

By Abhik B

Dec 15, 2021

This course was awesome. This is the first course of the specialisation, it is hard to comment regarding possible career benefits right now. But, I can undoubtedly say that this course improved my perspective about life and my career. I completed many courses in Coursera and almost never written feedback, maybe a bad case of Imposter Syndrome, as this course discussed!

By Soma S

May 4, 2021

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design was an incredibly valuable course for anyone who thinks he knows about UX who actually doesn't know. I was one of that kind and the first course itself burned my ego into ashes. I am happy to learn what does UX means for real. I also liked the design sprint process mentioned in the course. A very fruitful course for beginners

By Jithin P

Dec 16, 2021

its a great course you can enroll and learn good foundation in UI/UX but you not gonna get any certificate because coursera does not provide your id verification.so I think it's a great course by google you can spend some time and not expect any certificate and if you have any queries to the contact support you never gonna get anything from coursera bullshit platform

By Justice A

Apr 2, 2022

Imagine going from zero to 100 in 30secs in a car. That's how it feels like to start this course with zero knowledge and become well versed in foundational design. I've learned things like design sprint, user research, personal branding, networking, connecting with the design community and lots more. I literally cannot wait to start the next course in the program.

By Santosh D

Jan 9, 2022

The entire course is beautifully structured and quite insightful for novices in the user experience field; I have learnt a lot from this foundation course.

The only thing I believe we need to consider is how to overcome imposter syndrome should be at the start of the course or in the middle of the course to give students greater confidence in finishing their course.

By Ankush D

Dec 11, 2021

This was a great learning experience for an newcomer like me to this field of UX design. This course was well designed and organized. The mentor in this course are experienced and teach the concept in a easy manner. I would recommend this course as I got a detailed knowledge of introduction to UX Design and all other aspects of UX design a UX designer needs to know.

By Crystal A

Jul 15, 2021

T​his course is very basic but it is exactly what it promises. I do undertsand that many complain about doing a portfolio when we dont yet have any UX work, but it helps to place in what you already have since a portfolio is a must to get a UX job. I really enjoyed a lot of the unexpected topics, such as imposter syndrome and learning about the Next Billion Users.

By Lydia J H

Apr 14, 2021

As a complete beginner in UX design, this course is perfect to introduce you to everything you need to know about UX. It is nicely structured from knowing in details the career path you can take in this industry to building yourself in terms of your brand and connecting with others right now so you can slowly build yourself up as you get started in changing careers.

By Christine C

Mar 13, 2022

I loved the thorough overview of the career path potentiality, general processes, goals and ways to create a full brand along with your creditials. I feel like connnections and networking, job search etc should be covered again at the end of the courses again to really secure that skill. especially for people with zero experience to tlak about on their accounts.

By Mustafe M

Nov 24, 2021

Firstly, I will not even bother to express how much I gained from and loved your ux design Course. There is no point in expounding upon how well organized it was, what a perfect balance of serious intent and good-humored fun it turned out to be, how impressive the participants were, and how much your generosity contributed. One of my favorite courses of all time.

By Brandalise

Apr 18, 2021

The UX Design course from Google is exceptionally professional. Actually I did not expect that it would jump so in depth into different aspects of the UX field. Also highlighting how to build a professional career, building the right mindset and building confidence while enrolled. This course has structure and and prepares the student very well for the UX career.

By Kalathiya K S

Jul 21, 2021

This course is completely for beginner in this course you will learn about all basic of UX Designer from basic theory to how to build portfolio and how to use social media as a UX Designer and some frameworks which is useful to you and some google employee will share their experience, so we can get an idea of work as a UX Designer from beginner level to expert.

By Bělohlávková T

Apr 28, 2021

Great course for beginners.

Good info, but not overwhelming.

The speakers were easy to understand even for a non native speaker like myself and pleasant to listen to.

I truly appreciated the downloadable notes and videos.

I liked the pop up questions during the videos to see if I am paying attention.

Looking forward to learning more.

Thank you for this opportunity.

By Yesenia Q

May 19, 2021

In a mere 4 weeks you learn the basics of UX design, I'd say its based on Google's design process. It's great though! The only thing I'd say is that they throw lots of information at once. Coming from a graphic design background I ended up learning many new things and my understanding of this topic grew. Take advantage of the resource material it's insightful!

By Miranda D

Mar 28, 2022

A really great, comprehensive introduction to UX Design. Touched on a lot of important topics that really dig into what UX Design means. Importantly, the course gave me a good glance at what working as a UX designer could be like, which ultimately helped me make a firm decision on whether to continue with the course or not. I will be moving on to Course 2 :)

By Elvin W

Aug 27, 2021

Course 1 was a fantastic introduction to the Google UX Design Course! The presenters were very clear, easy to understand and to the point. Even though I have been working in the industry for a number of years; I still learnt new and useful material, and the reference links were especially insightful for additional reading. I look forward to the next readings!

By Andrew H

Apr 30, 2021

This is just an exceptional course. It started with a general explanation of what User Experience is and then just got more detailed while showing a solid path to becoming a knowledgeable beginner at UX Design. A comprehensive strategy is shown to help you develop the skills and show your personal branding to become a well-rounded and successful UX Designer.

By Rifdah P A

Jan 26, 2022

T​he course was great especially for newbie UX Designer and those who wants to level up their career as a UX Designer. I find the Design Sprint part really interesting as it's something I haven't experienced and would love to do it in the future. The only downside is how the instructor doesn't blink most of the time and that makes me a little uncomfortable.

By Lorenzo M L

Jul 12, 2021

Wow! I've done several UX courses and this one I would put in first place. There are many questions and practical activities. On the latter there is no controller... you have to be the one to do them. But let's face it, if you don't do them you're an as***le! The fourth week is the one I have enjoyed the most so far because it is based on online presence.

By Daniela C

Apr 24, 2021

Excellent course both in terms of content and mode of use (video lessons, readings, quizzes, templates, activities, etc.). The only part a little less interesting, for me, was the creation of the potfolio as at the moment I don't have any UX designer portfolio yet and I already have a job (in a related field) for which I am trying to acquire a new skill .

By Hariprasad L

Apr 9, 2021

It was a great experience doing this course. It covers all the basics of UX, Different methods and UX process to be followed while build a product. It also gives an idea fo creating your online portfolio and things to be included while creating it. I would strongly recommend this to everyone who are interested in pursuing a career in UX Designing. Cheers!

By Shubhangi G

Jul 26, 2021

I had really enjoy experiencing this amazing course, and as a part of learning through an online course like this has made me confident to keep my motivation high...The theme that google uses which is "through an example of real life person's experience" they had given an insight of how learning this course will emphasize future outcome. #BestAboutGoogle

By Oğuz Y

Jul 19, 2021

So far, topics have been clear and well-covered. Especially, I found videos of people working in this realm very informative so you can hear their stories from the first hand. Taking a course from one of the biggest company that serves billions of people around the world is a huge chance for especially UX the people who intend to work in the field of UX.

By vitaly c

May 13, 2021

Very detailed and I was able to go at my own pace. Lots of information to read but it is very interesting and gives a lot of knowledge. The explanation of lecturers is easy to understand even for people that English is not a mother tongue. I enjoy the transition between reading and videos with the pop quizzes in the videos. I would recommend this course.