Back to Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design by Google

Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses. - Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design. - Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design. - Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with. - Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience. - Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work. - Describe common UX research methods. - Identify and account for biases in UX research....

SK

Aug 8, 2021

This course inspired me, before taking this course I have been used some UX Design communities, I have worked in Adobe XD Design. This course explains the right way and UX process. I like this mentor.

NB

Mar 11, 2022

It is a great course for beginners and people transitioning to UX/UI design career from other fields. It gives you a basic knowledge and information what UX design is and how to apply it in real life.

151 - 175 of 5,818 Reviews for Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design

By Intermedia I

Dec 10, 2021

This course was very good! I have learned how to choose between three design processes: The five elements of UX Design, Design Thinking and Design Sprint. In addition, I became updated with the last UX roles, because they changed across the years. The most difficult thing to apply is the portfolio building because it takes a lot of time, but I've learned that I should freeze some time spaces each week to do that.

By Cassidy M

Dec 29, 2021

This course gave me the framework to understand a field that I had only just heard the name of and help me realize how my life and professional experience tie in to this growing field. I now have a professional website ready to feature my portfolio, professional social media accounts ready to go and a great system of knowledge to create strong dendritic connections across as I continue through this coursework.

By Nithin P

Nov 12, 2021

This foundation course is perfect for beginners who want to get an idea of the world of UX and designing. Since I was already familiar with the terms, it was quite slow-paced for me, but for an absolute beginner, this is the perfect place to start your UX life.

The best part of this course is the clarity with which the instructor talks. You never miss out on anything and everything is clearly understandable.

5/5

By Idara S

Apr 11, 2022

It was a great learning experience. Easy to understand and beginner-friendly. The inclusion of the Journey to UX design stories were very motivating and a great idea. The little quizzes in-between lessons also help remind the learner of key aspects of the lesson and ensure they are understanding. Itr has been quite the enlightening journey and can't wait to see where it takes me during the rest of the course.

By Isabel O

Feb 18, 2022

As someone that already has some basic knowlegde and experience in UX Design I though this was a complete and thorough course for any begginer. Due to personal reasons I stopped working in design for about two years and I'm now trying to work my way up again and I felt very lost, didn't really know where to begging and this really help me outline my own plan and strategy to work towards landing my first job.

By Costner H

Jan 4, 2022

I​ felt this portion was a great view into the position of UX designer. It gave you a great insight for those looking to see if this is the right path for them. It is definitely only a foundations course and I'm looking forward to moving forward and learning more. The instructor was easily relatable and understandable. I liked that they gave real-world examples using designers currently working in the field.

By Emily A L

Jul 24, 2021

Excellent, informative course if you are a new or intermediate UX designer. Effectively explains what UX design is, covers all the main terminology and tools, what design sprints are - all the important info you need to know to help get started in the world of UX design. While all of the information was useful, Week 4 was probably the most helpful due to actually helping one get started with their portfolio.

By Hernan F L

Mar 30, 2022

Thank you very much! I got plenty more than I expected. I'm truly grateful for all the learning I did during this period (I must admit I did it in 6 days). I completed every task but the networking part, which I'm planning right now, and have already made a list of people I know and have studied/worked to ask the some questions. I have a lot of plans actually. Really, thanks a lot, it's really motivated me!

By Faleke G A

Nov 27, 2021

I​ consider this a very robust introductory course to the foundations of UX design. I particularly like how everything is structured and the fact that Google has done a great job to make this course very immersive – it's almost like you are in a classroom. The reading sections are super informative. I'll put everything I've learnt in this course into use even as I proceed to the next courses in the program.

By Muhammad U M

Jul 28, 2021

Incredibly Awesome Course!!! It helps you to understand UXD, UX designer responsibilities, and learn industry best practices and methodologies, and a lot of different interesting topics that you would never even think of when it comes to UX design.

100 % recommended to anyone interested in the UX design but doesn’t know where to start from. The course is a kick-starter to start your career as a UX designer.

By Bitf19m024-MUHAMMAD A

Feb 13, 2022

First of all thanks to Google for making such a good course available to me. I had design entusiasm before this course, but now I too have knowledge about things and roles regarding designs and designers. The best part is, in such a brief course I managed to learn a lot of things plus creating the idea for portfolio and online social media presence. Thanks Again. To google and the Respected Instructors. <3

By Václav K

Jun 6, 2021

What was good: Practice tips, tools, examples, frames, video tutorial, etc. What was not so good for me... 1) examples/comparing of "great" ux employee, Oprah, etc... i think its not so good for comparing. Becuase for ux beginners it could be somekind of demotivation. 2) Some tasks/practices was for a long time. I like more shorter task eg 15minutes max, because of planing my time for work/family/freetime.

By Yvonne

Mar 11, 2022

I appreciate having access to this introductory course and collected 30 pages of notes for Course 1: Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design. I found that some of my conversations reflected the learning that I experienced with the coursework and that my thinking was changing to frame situations around what I was learning about User Experience. I am thankful and look forward to Course 2 in this series.

By Astha K

Nov 29, 2021

Curated by industry's best experts, the Googlers, this course is very student friendly. The course content, insights, practical cues and questionnaires are well thought through for anyone, from any past experience who is interested in UX design can achieve it easily. The mentor's way or say the language used is easy to understand. Highly recommend to anyone who wants to switch their career towards UX.

By Agnieszka K

Jan 4, 2022

This course shows you the basics of ux design very well and answers the questions that appear at the very beginning. All the most important foundations gathered in one place. It allows you to look at the topic from a wide perspective and immediately draws attention to important matters for ux designers, such as portfolio or personal brand. I will definitely come back to the notes from him. Great job!

By Kinkenat

Nov 22, 2021

I really enjoyed this first month of learning about the basics of UX design. I have so much more to learn but I have a better understanding of what UX design is and what interest me the most for a future career. I just found week 4 daunting being completely new to the world of UX design but I am sure with time I will feel more and more comfortable to network and have conversations with UX designers.

By karun s k

Jun 20, 2021

The course covers the basics of UX Design. I recommend this to anybody starting out in UX. It has definetly helped me understand UX in depth. It's mostly for beginners. The tutor does an excellent job in teaching the concepts clearly and efficiently. Writing down the notes they give you really buries down all the knowledge into your head and you can easily go back to your notes for future reference.

By Tina M

Jun 6, 2021

I loved the course. Even I've been going through another UX Design specialization course this one is the right one for everyone who is willing to change its own carrier path, willing to get to know what UX Design in fact means, and to try to visualize yourself in the field. This first course of the specliazation is, from the mine point of view, more like a broadcasted mentorship. God thanks to that!

By Anjana F

Oct 8, 2021

A powerful course. Covers every necessary aspect of "Introduction to UX Design" allowing you to stay focused, structured and engaged.

Great lecturing - lectures make sure to deliver a great structured content while being engaging with you. And they always ALWAYS motivates you to achieve our goals.

Community engagement is a great way to establish new relationship with people who are in the same field.

By Agata T

Dec 26, 2021

Very good course for begginers! With appropriate approach to the problem of UX Designer work, i fell good prepered to make next steps to become UX Designer. Thank you about part about creating my personal brand at the beggining of this course. I think it is very important to create something from the beginning of my journey, to not stop in the point of thinking that i still have nothing to show ;)

By Emma L

May 7, 2021

I really love this course! All the instructors and Googler's speed are amazing and touching, also easy to understand. I have to say Google did a really good job in terms of user experience, and my goal of learning this course is to work with Google after I graduated. This is my biggest dream now! The most important thing is I believe in myself, especially after learning this course! Love Google!❤️

By Debobroto C

Apr 28, 2021

A Journey by UX. This will be my story of learning user experince. I wanted to be a change-maker, deliversome good value to my society.

So I started to search, how can I design experiences that makes people's life simple and better. I took a lot of courses but Google UX Design is the best for me. I feel Google's work's always touche on user-centered design. Happy UX learning joureny with google.

By Mohammed S

Feb 6, 2022

One of the most coolest courses I have taken , Maybe beacuse of my interest and curiousity in the subject but also with superb instructors who are focusing not only in providing knowledge but also in dealing with real life issues like Imposter syndrome which is some of the dark phases in one's life.

Thankyou Google and the team behind this course for curating this course in such a superb manner.

By Zeeshan N

Nov 19, 2021

This course is very interesting and has a very deep knowledge about UX Design. The instructors are good in communication and have updated knowledge. A very structures course with amazing content mix of Videos, reading materials, quizzes and assignments. After completing this course now I have enough knowledge of UI/UX Design strategies, different roles and career path in the filed of UX Design.