Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

151 - 175 of 1,965 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Archie

Jan 31, 2020

Excellent graphic design course. It has the perfect balance of content and the way it tests you is very effective and memorable. The way it is structured makes it an ideal starting point for any graphic designer, whether they already have some design experience, or if they are starting from scratch.

By Nikoletta

Jul 19, 2018

Love the course, it was amazing, I think that starting at the fundamentals even if you have some experience, or are self-taught or talented is a must, you just learn the most obvious thing that you forgot while trying to make your designs better.

I learn so much, and I recommend this one to all.

By Megumi N S

May 02, 2020

Disfruté mucho del curso. Fue muy didáctico y pude entender mucho de los conceptos básicos de diseño. Sugeriría que puedan ser un poco más específicos en las tareas y comentar que es algo muy sencillo puesto que muchas cosas se pierden en la interpretación. Muchas gracias por todo el esfuerzo.

By Veena V

May 09, 2016

This course is excellent. Being very informative and fun, it is a great introduction to the design process. All of the assignments are well thought out and are very interesting. This course provides a lot of scope for learning and discovery of new techniques for image making and composition.

By Chirag R J

Aug 26, 2018

This was one of the most fantastic course since I got the basics of not only art but also contemporary designs. Visual Literacy and how forms, contrast, typography works and the most important aspect to think like a viewer or the viewer's perspective. I recommend this course to all my friends

By Valentina T

Mar 20, 2016

The course was exactly what I expected. Professor Worthington made the videos quite interesting and was always to the point. The assignments were also interesting and not too much time-consuming. I'm happy I took the specialisation and I hope that the rest of the courses are as satisfying.

By Tomas W

Feb 27, 2020

A super interesting and engaging entrance into the world of graphic design. I took this at the same time as the Shaw Academy Graphic Design program. Comparing this to Shaw Academy was night and day. This course did everything right, and I dropped out of Shaw Academy. Highly recommend.

By Thiago A L

Jul 03, 2019

The course Fundamentals of Graphic Design is excellent! I learned a lot and practiced a lot with the exercises. It is an excellent base for anyone who is starting out in professional design and for professionals who already work in this market and need to recycle their knowledge. Thank´s!

By Tereza M

May 09, 2018

The course is very well constructed. The videos are great, the assignments push you to experience what you learn, and peers reviews give you the feedback. It teaches me a lot, and especially it makes me look at common things as a graphic designer and boost my creativity. All I wished for.

By Tea G

Feb 10, 2016

It is a really good course, but it is designed for complete beginers. I took it as a review of fundamentals and didn't learn nothing new, but I didn't have those expectations. I just wanted a pure review of things I already know. It was fun and maybe a bit too easy - even for beginers. :)

By Ada F

Nov 26, 2019

I believe this was a great course. I think as with many classes, you get out of it what you put into it. If you practice and complete even the optional assignments you will have a great foundation or jumping off point for your education in graphic design. I really enjoyed this course.

By Sara H

May 16, 2020

It was great to find this course, I am really grateful for your efforts and contribution to learning me how to design. It was always my life dream and I was really surprised with all of the content and the course system, assignments, quizzes and how I have developed

By Kateryna

Apr 15, 2020

Thank you for a course! It is really useful for beginners, the only thing I felt was missing in the course was technical part- which tools to use and how to use them, but the structure and material were very interesting. I would really recommend this course. Thank you one more time!

By Antonio P A

Sep 24, 2016

Very good basic course on graphic design. I've learned a lot about typography, composition, image making and shapes and colours. The course is very well structured with good videos and practical examples. It's a must do course for everyone that is wanting to learn more about design,

By Kalpesh B

Jun 18, 2018

Well structured course with in-depth video tutorials which are easy to understand. the peer-graded assignments is a very effective way to test your knowledge as well as understanding different thought processes of your peers. Overall it is really helpful course. Highly recommended.

By Walid B A

Mar 12, 2020

It’s good to go back to basics even if you are already a graphic designer. These fundamentals are forgettable with time due it enters automatically in the design process, without really noticing them.

For beginners, I highly recommended this course because it’s simple and detailed.

By Maike G

Oct 04, 2016

Great course, well thought out, well presented and lovely lecturer. After having done all 4 publicly available courses in this specialisation, this really was the most fundamental and gave a great summary of what Graphic design is about and which disciplines it involves. 5 stars!

By Ridhi R

Jan 15, 2019

Covers a wide range of topics and really focuses on getting the foundation right to understand graphic design before we jump to executing it. The video lectures are simple to understand the variety of examples and demos is brilliant!

Can't wait to finish the rest of the courses.

By Martin S

Dec 12, 2016

I like this course as its the fundamentals but we do it everyday doing it without knowing it. I am very happy that i am able to recognize what i have been doing. Course is great clear and designed simple to learn but one has to work hard on its end to show how far they can go.

By Kristin C

Aug 06, 2018

A really interesting, hands on and practical course suitable for complete beginners in the area of design as well as for those with some knowledge. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and look forward to partaking in the following Fundamentals of Graphic Design courses. Thank you!

By Haruna T

Oct 19, 2019

Very clear lectures and hands-on assignments covering the fundermental basics of graphic design. It would have been great if this course explained the context of graphic design such as brief hisory of graphic design or where graphic designs are utilized in the current society.

By Alicia R

Jan 29, 2016

I really am enjoying this course! This course makes you jump right in and play, which is something I love! So far it has been helpful to me and I'm beginning to understand the basics of Graphic Design as well as experimenting with different techniques to create unique images!

By Tae W C

Feb 12, 2016

Great course for anyone!

Excellent learning and hands-on for those in any field and creative interests, also non graphic/visual designer like me. Lessons inspired me and helped applying to other projects I am working on by stimulating creative thinking and ways to experiment.

By khadiga e b

Feb 10, 2016

wonderful course, very helpful with basic knowledge of graphic design usage of elements and forms and terminologies. Thank you, the videos were very helpful and very insightful and easy to follow. I'd so love to carry on taking more courses that can help broaden my knowledge

By Julie W

Mar 24, 2020

I appreciated the bite-sized video lengths, which made it easy to pop in and out of the content to handle life. Excellent audio and production, and fun, engaging assignments and I look forward to working through the remaining courses in this specialization. Would recommend!