Back to Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution by Duke University

Introduction to Genetics and Evolution is a college-level class being offered simultaneously to new students at Duke University. The course gives interested people a very basic overview of some principles behind these very fundamental areas of biology. We often hear about new "genome sequences," commercial kits that can tell you about your ancestry (including pre-human) from your DNA or disease predispositions, debates about the truth of evolution, why animals behave the way they do, and how people found "genetic evidence for natural selection." This course provides the basic biology you need to understand all of these issues better, tries to clarify some misconceptions, and tries to prepare students for future, more advanced coursework in Biology (and especially evolutionary genetics). No prior coursework is assumed....

AT

I recommend this course for someone who is interested in learning of basics of population genetics and evolutionary processes. Prof. Noor is a very good teacher and I like his explanation of concepts.

YH

Jul 04, 2017

The course is really interesting! I love the way the professor demonstrate genetics theories by countless examples and evidence. And those questions about debates in genetics are thought-provoking!

251 - 268 of 268 Reviews for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

By RAMYA L

Was absolutely wonderful, gained a lot of insights on evolution and understood the aspect behind genetics. It was a delightful learning experience. Thank you professor Noor and all the others for this!

By Fridda C F G

Jan 14, 2020

This course has a very good level, and is not as such an introduccion, you must know a little bit of molecular biology and the genetics terminology. May be hard but is really woth.

By valérie c

Dec 31, 2015

very interesting. I regret that we are not allowed to discuss the exam questions (of course after the dead line) for a better understanding.

By S U V

Apr 18, 2020

It was very good. A good knowledge was imparted on genetics and evolution through impressive teaching.

By Raval n S

Aug 13, 2020

So nice and really amazing guidance proved by the sir..and very AMAZING quiz is available..

By Letícia M R

Sep 07, 2020

Excelente curso, muito explicativo e com vários conteúdos.

By Eylül K

Jul 20, 2017

A perfect beginning for evolution, helps a lot, thank you!

By KANAKALAKSHMI I

Sep 30, 2020

Very nice course, it gives a immense knowlegde

By Colin R

Aug 19, 2020

Very informative and well paced in its lessons

By Emome T

Sep 29, 2020

Thank you sir for making genetics fun.

By Rocío C

May 05, 2020

it was interesting, but very long!!

By Shahzeb A

Aug 07, 2020

lovely course

By Tejaswini R

Jun 08, 2020

good course

By BEGIN

Feb 01, 2016

The content of the class is very nice. It gives a nice overview on genetics, and it was made accessible to many of us. Also, Mohamed Noor is very enthusiastic, and provides a lot of nice examples to illustrate the course. However, I think some parts of the class were a little bit dizorganized. For instance, I was sometimes confused by the vocabulary or the variable notations which are not always clear.

By Keri B

Jan 27, 2016

quite good

By Zabuga O

Sep 14, 2020

ho

By Dawn R

Jul 30, 2020

You have to be a mathematician major to understand anything passed the second week. I dropped. This super fast talking guy seems to enjoy hearing himself talk. Maybe I am simple minded, but this course made me proud of that. His passion gets in the way of his ability to actually teach.

The only thing I learned is that if you have to retake his exams, the actual answers change meanings.

Also, according to his lessons, I am green colorblind. That is ridiculous. Emerald is my favorite gemstone.

Also, just because a woman is attractive according to him, doesn't mean that she is the only type of woman worthy of a husband. I think he talks before he thinks.

By Nur A A P

Jul 06, 2020

Contents lack in-depth compared to assessment.