Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

126 - 150 of 680 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By AKANKSHA T

Dec 29, 2019

The course helped me to a great extent! I am glad that I joined this course. Thank you California University

By Huang h

Nov 30, 2015

Very good course, in particular for international students who have no systematic training on essay writing.

By ERIKA P R P

Jun 29, 2020

This course was so helpful for me, The way instructors explained the topics were really amazing and clear.

By samking

Feb 26, 2016

Amazing course! I loved this course and it helped me a lot and is going to help me more and more and more!

By Ленара А

Feb 15, 2016

This course was very helpful, and I apply my new knowledge not only in english, but in any other language.

By Rafael M

Feb 11, 2016

The course could be harder on us students to make some of us understand better and have a better practice.

By Rosilene A

Dec 15, 2015

Very good not only for essays but for every kind of writing, it opens our mind and improve our vocabulary!

By Manosh C H

Jun 07, 2020

Great course if you want to improve your writing skills, I will highly recommend it for college students.

By Rumiyati

May 15, 2020

thank you so much for your lessons in this course. I have learned a lot in getting started with an essay.

By Chiranjeevi

Nov 28, 2015

The course gave me good information on writing Academic essays. This certainly helped with my MBA essays.

By Marcelo G C C

Sep 01, 2020

Very great course. I learned so much I don't now how much details could hace an essay. Very interesting

By Riya S

Jul 31, 2020

I enjoyed the course. If you really want to enhance your writing skills, you should opt for this course.

By Sudip B

Sep 02, 2016

Most advanced course for essay writing. None of the MOOc has prepared such qualitative course till date.

By Katherine M M B

Sep 24, 2020

Excellent instruction guide on how to do an essay in the correct way, explained in a very detailed way.

By Salman K

Sep 06, 2020

this course is very interesting, informative and helpful. i learnt the basics of essay and their types.

By Jordy F C L

Jun 01, 2020

Excellent way to learn and improve writing skills, also the peer review help more than I would imagine.

By michelle a

Aug 03, 2019

It help me boost my writing skills so quickly! I really enjoyed the content and the practice exercises.

By Xu

Nov 19, 2018

An interesting course. It is useful for me, a non-native speaker, to improve academic writing ability.

By Rabi M

Jun 15, 2018

These academic writing courses are some of my most memorable experiences in the history of my studies.

By Maely I

Feb 07, 2017

I really enjoy the course, now I have the argumentative essay structure in my mind. Thank you so much.

By Helena C D B

Feb 15, 2016

I loved the course. All lectures are well designed and clear, the exercises are concise and practical!

By Danhua

Dec 28, 2015

Very helpful. This course teaches me the basics and I had some improvement on writing after taking it.

By Morozov V

Aug 28, 2016

Very useful course for people who want to level up their writing skills and improve their essay stile

By 余淼

Dec 02, 2015

This module is very practical, and is very useful to people who want to improve their writing skills.

By supriti b

Jul 29, 2020

I recommend this course as it helps in revisiting the basic structures of different types of essays.