Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

BD
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

MU
Feb 10, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

201 - 225 of 732 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Diego S

Jun 24, 2016

I'm actually pretty happy with this course; I'll keep progressing to the Specialization.

By Lina L

Aug 9, 2020

Thank you for this course that teaches me how to write an essay, now I understand more.

By Do D K

Dec 11, 2019

Thanks this Course, After learn this course, I understand and apply when writing Essay.

By Bochra L

Mar 10, 2016

Thank you so much for providing such program , i have learned alot of things in here !

By MIYAKE Y

Jul 23, 2020

This course offered an good opportunity for me to learn how to organise essay writing.

By Murilo M d S

Aug 4, 2017

Great course, very well explained how to format essays. Many thanks for this learning.

By Sherrie

Dec 4, 2015

Great course. Very easy to understand the formula for writing proper essays. Thanks!

By Samved I

Jun 13, 2020

The course is highly useful inasmuch as developing essay-writing skills is concerned.

By Nguyen T D

Jun 25, 2017

How a wonderful course! Thanks miss Tamy Chapman because of your excellent lectures.

By Sreejith E K

Nov 26, 2016

Very effective course for me. It really helps me to understand the basics of grammar.

By Sardor T

Jul 26, 2020

In this course, I have learned the effective structures for writing academic essays.

By Sarbalakova G B

Jun 27, 2020

This course give me a lot of important information, learning about academic writing

By Amr W A R S

Nov 14, 2019

Good course for kinds of essays. I recommend that you get the whole specialization.

By Ledong S

Jan 13, 2016

This course helps a lot. Makes it easy and clear to write different types of essay.

By Mohammad S C

Oct 11, 2020

This is an excellent course. This course teach me how to write an effective essay.

By Juan D B P

Aug 31, 2020

I consider this course as a great tool for learning and developing writing skills.

By Berenice R A

Mar 7, 2019

This course really gave skills for essay writing. It makes writing much more easy!

By Bilal A K

Nov 5, 2020

I have feeling blessed throughout the course because it is interesting and brief.

By Theodoros N

Feb 12, 2016

It help me a lot to change my thinking of writing very valuable for Essay Writing

By Sayaka T

Dec 2, 2017

Great to learn American style of writing before you go to other English courses.

By Jo'rayeva K N

Sep 30, 2020

Thank you. I am very happy that I learned in this course. Best regards to you.

By Muhammad S A G M A

Sep 19, 2019

I'd like to thank the instructor so much for presenting this very good content.

By Masood A H

Sep 3, 2018

AMAZING. ACADEMIC WRITING NOW IS SOURCE OF STRENGTH AMONG MY ACADEMIC FELLOWS.

By Bikash G

Aug 11, 2016

Excellent course for students who wants to learn about writing academic essays.

By IRACEMA V M M

Mar 31, 2016

Getting Started with Essay Writing was an excellent course. I really liked it !