Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

MU
Feb 10, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

BD
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

126 - 150 of 735 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Pauleen J G

Nov 3, 2020

The instructions are clear and easy to follow. Writing assignments also helped me to put my knowledge into test.

By Candela Y

Nov 6, 2020

Excellent course! I learned a lot about essay writing and I think I have a better understanding of the language

By Ogochukwu E

Apr 13, 2020

I started this course with no confidence in writing essays and I finished with a lot of confidence. Thank you.

By amjad a

Apr 12, 2019

Splendid course in order to familiar with writings. Those who are interested in writings must take this course.

By Crash C

Aug 14, 2018

I feel like I really improved my writing skills and feel confident going into my sophomore year of high school.

By Truong D M

Nov 2, 2017

It is real wonderful course that I've ever seen from MOOCs. Thank you very much to lecturers, UCI and coursera.

By M.Alam S

Aug 2, 2016

i found this course very effective, supportive and informative . i had downloaded all videos and practicing it.

By Anna N K

Nov 7, 2015

I have recently started and can see all benefits and positive sides of this course! Excelent one! Many thanks!

By Nubar F

Nov 18, 2020

Ive learned how to write different types of essays and learned lots of information. thank you for everytihng!

By BHUPESH M

Jul 26, 2020

Those who want to improve their writing skills must join this course. Thank you so much teacher and coursera!

By C A

May 6, 2020

I must say i have had an exceptional learning experience i am so glad that i did this it has helped me a lot.

By ARCHANA G

Jun 30, 2016

this course helps a lot in developing essay ability especially to those who didn't get chance in school days.

By Bronwyn T

Aug 11, 2020

The way it was broken down with the quiz’s in between was great! I actually feel confident writing them now!

By AKANKSHA T

Dec 28, 2019

The course helped me to a great extent! I am glad that I joined this course. Thank you California University

By Huang h

Nov 29, 2015

Very good course, in particular for international students who have no systematic training on essay writing.

By ERIKA P R P

Jun 29, 2020

This course was so helpful for me, The way instructors explained the topics were really amazing and clear.

By Muhammad Q

Feb 26, 2016

Amazing course! I loved this course and it helped me a lot and is going to help me more and more and more!

By Ленара А

Feb 15, 2016

This course was very helpful, and I apply my new knowledge not only in english, but in any other language.

By Rafa M

Feb 11, 2016

The course could be harder on us students to make some of us understand better and have a better practice.

By Rosilene A

Dec 15, 2015

Very good not only for essays but for every kind of writing, it opens our mind and improve our vocabulary!

By Manosh C H

Jun 7, 2020

Great course if you want to improve your writing skills, I will highly recommend it for college students.

By Rumiyati

May 15, 2020

thank you so much for your lessons in this course. I have learned a lot in getting started with an essay.

By Chiranjeevi

Nov 28, 2015

The course gave me good information on writing Academic essays. This certainly helped with my MBA essays.

By Marcelo G C C

Aug 31, 2020

Very great course. I learned so much I don't now how much details could hace an essay. Very interesting

By RIYA D S

Jul 31, 2020

I enjoyed the course. If you really want to enhance your writing skills, you should opt for this course.