Back to Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World by University of London

The course offers a well-researched and broad-ranging primer to the United Nations system. Consisting of an introduction to the complex UN family and its history, and a series of ‘snapshots’ of key UN functions, which are used to explore important UN themes and help learners develop important analysis, communication, and policy-based skills. The course is aimed broadly at people interested in learning more about the United Nations system, assuming a level of interest but no necessary previous knowledge, whilst also offering offering sufficient up to date research and new critical perspectives that it will also be of interest to people with more expertise or academic familiarity with the topic as well. The main aim of the course is to provide this wide-ranging introduction in a self-contained, but in-depth form, alongside the important practical skills necessary to understand and discuss UN affairs, and potentially lay the groundwork for greater engagement in future – either in civil society or in further study....

RR
Jul 29, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. Some of the recommended reading was no longer accessible and the material was not up to date to 2020. However, it gave a good introduction to the UN and the issues involved.

AF
Dec 6, 2018

It was very interesting to get to know better about the UN structure and concepts, and it helped me a lot to get my first opportunity in an UN mission! Starting a new career. Thank you so much.

301 - 325 of 381 Reviews for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

By Joshua E

Jun 29, 2019

Great course, my only qualms are that it is a few years outdated on some geopolitical issues, several readings are unavailable or behind a subscription, and the emergency section for week 6 I didn't feel had the right assigned readings. I nonetheless gained a lot from the course and learned about differing perspectives on how the UN works and should be fixed.

By Rishikesh P

Jan 27, 2018

Good course for those who are interested about the working of the UN and its future. Its duties in the maintaining peace in the world along with help people against human rights violations, hunger, poverty, illiteracy and global warming.

A Course for those who want to gain some knowledge for future education in Diplomacy or International Relations.

By Ana M R C

Sep 6, 2017

I can assure that after accomplishing this course I have more knowledge regarding the way United Nations work. The reason why it was created and I got to know the UN principles. In addition I got more knowledgeable about the current situation of the world in general and get to watch some videos of experts envolved with this matter subjects.

By Emily U

Feb 16, 2020

The course was an awesome way to better understand the origins, components, achievements, and critiques of the U.N. This was especially helpful as a former and possibly again future employee of the U.N. My only issue was that a lot of the links for the readings were dead, I hope they update those links for future students!

By Fernando J B

Oct 4, 2020

This is a great introduction to the UN. Some of the links for readings are outdated. The course is nice, you end it with a general overview of the UN and will have the opportunity to create your own opinion about the organization. This is a short course so do not expect to go beyond the very basics of the UN system.

By Brian M

Feb 27, 2021

Es un gran curso, los expositores tienen un dominio claro de la materia y los materiales son de gran ayuda para profundizar en las materias, sin embargo considero que abonaría mucho a la retroalimentación del curso adicional a los ensayos integrar cuestionarios aleatorios para robustecer el conocimiento adquirido.

By Soraia M

Sep 7, 2020

This course is perfect for those who want to know what is happening nowadays at the UN and also understand how it works. Moreover, it gives you a clear view of the constant role that is having in our lives. Besides that, the opinions given by representatives who worked there and professors were an excellent input.

By Juan E R

Aug 5, 2021

Very very good course especially for those of us starting to learn about UN and the humanitarian world. I would suggest to check on the links to readings as many take you to expired pages, so some of the readings are old dated making me feel im not getting to learn the latest news on the topics addressed.

By belen l

Feb 4, 2021

I really like the course. One of the things I like the most of the course was the different speakers, their opinions towards the different questions posted was really useful and interesting.

My overall feedback of the course is very positive; I found it very usefull, enriching and interesting.

Thank you!

By ben n

It is an excellent course if you want to become a policy analyst like myself for your career. This course helps to you to have a better understanding regarding the principle of the United Nations such as their policy in humanitarian, international laws, NGO, UN agencies, and UN security council.

By Marwaadil

Jun 8, 2020

SUCH AN AMAZING AND USEFUL COURSE. I HAVE LEARNED LOTS OF INFORMATION WHICH I DISCOVERED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME. THANK YOU SO MUCH ABOUT THIS CHANCE OF LEARNING DURING COURSERA PROGRAM WHICH OF COURSE WILL HELP ME TO GO AHEAD ON MY CAREER PATH.

BEST REGARDS

MARWAH ADIL

IRAQ COUNTRY

By Juliana

Mar 22, 2019

Creo que el curso está muy bien pero le faltarían algunas precisiones importantes y mayores explicaciones sobre la estructura de las Naciones Unidas (tanto en su funcionamiento en NY como en Viena y en Ginebra) para ser más completo.

By Pierre-Olivier S

Sep 17, 2017

Very interesting maerials and perspectiveto analyze history, present and future being of the UN. I would have let more time for subject matter experts to expose their viewson each topic, but overall, good and intesting content.

By Meghana

i loved the course. the suggested readings were very interesting and helpful. although i wish there were more of those 'talking sessions' as i really liked hearing the opinions of those very intelligent and scholarly people.

By María A D L G V

Jul 24, 2020

I've learned a lot! But have some suggestions: FIrst, it would be great if the videos would last a little bit longer. Second, someone needs to fix all the broken links on each week's session. Thanks for the information!

By Enos W

Oct 21, 2018

The course was helpful. It expanded my understanding of United Nations in the context of global diplomacy while also highlighting the challenges it faces and and in them, the opportunities for reforms.

By Raul C

Feb 13, 2021

This course is very comprehensive and it is useful not only for Sociology professors like myself, but also for anyone who wants to know more about the history of the United Nations and its roles.

By Edward C

Nov 7, 2019

I very much enjoyed the course and learned a lot from it. I thought the mixture of different media (videos, readings, etc) was good and the level of work required was well-judged. Thanks.

By Josipa B

Sep 18, 2020

Some of links for education material I couldn't open but no matter,the rest of material was suficient,clear and straight to the point. It made me realize complexity and UN importance.

By Sofía A Z H

Jan 28, 2021

I would have liked if there were more video lectures. I felt like I didn't learn as much as I was expecting to. Eitherway, I did gain some knowledge and somewhat enjoyed the course.

By Catherine G T R

Mar 24, 2021

Thanks to this course, now I know in which part of the government I'll specialize on for my masters degree. Thank you everyone. I like how different the course approach is.

By Geoff H

Feb 14, 2021

A really interesting course - I enjoyed learning about the UN. The assignments were not too difficult but helped to concentrate the mind and explore more about the subject

By kushal s

Apr 19, 2020

Very Well structured modules. The articles compiled for reference in each chapter gives in-depth knowledge. Unless you connect the dots one cannot progress in this course.

By Dilma d A

Jun 27, 2017

I have enjoyed and learnt a lot with this course. This course give me the opportunity to reflect on the positive and negative contributions of the UN in the humanity.

By Gabriel R

Apr 8, 2020

El mecanismo de calificación por parte de otros compañeros del curso no es el más adecuado. Apreciaría más la retroalimentación por quienes imparten el curso.