Sep 07, 2016
I like it and I did never imagined the abundance of its content based on today's market.\n\nReally the course helped me a lot and immediately started implementing what I learned.\n\nThank you Coursera
Jan 07, 2018
Very well done, these teachers and other important figures involved in the course are sharing extensive knowledges and they are teaching very clearly making the topic easy to comprehend, BRAVO!!!
By Kim D L•
Jan 23, 2018
This course is helpful and suitable for those who is green and want to have understand more about the hospitality industry. However, some information needs to be updated. Latest articles for complementary readings should also be added in order for the learners to have a better understanding and comparison about what's happening in this industry nowadays.
By Nikhil H•
Jul 11, 2017
Very thorough with the current practices and trends, the fundamentals of hotel distribution introduces you to key opportunities present to a manager and explores evolving avenues that the hotel owner must keep up with. The bird's eye view of distribution helps one understand the complexity of the industry in today's times.
By Deleted A•
Feb 16, 2018
A VERY INTERESTING AND WELL EXPLAINED COURSE.
THIS COURSE WILL GIVE YOU GOOD KNOWLEDGE AND MORE THAN A BASIC SKILL ON WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT FOR AN HOTEL TO ACCOMPLISH MORE GOALS IN THE ADVERTISING FIELD AND HOW TO MAINTAIN HIS WEBSITE COMPETITIVE AND HOW TO DEAL WITH OTHER TRAVEL AGENT
By Svetlana G•
Dec 10, 2018
The course is very well structured, materials are comprehensive. I like the flexibility within deadlines, but good to have deadlines too for stimulation. What I would like to understand more is how my assignments get the final % marks and any feedback would be useful to receive.
By Sergei S•
Apr 19, 2019
Due to date of publication some information is out of date. Few links are missing and some parts need to be revised. But overall this course is absolutely essential for anyone willing to put the base under his knowledge of hospitality.
Jan 04, 2020
Very interesting introduction to the fundamentals of hotel distribution. The material is not outdated (2015) but should included more recent documentation, as we are in 2020 now... Also, many links are not available.
By James C•
Jun 09, 2017
Learning from basic. The material is enough for fundamental level.
The exam question was a bit difficult because there was no similar examples in the course.
By Chen T E M•
Jan 18, 2016
Very insightful. Highly recommended for anyone who is new to hotel revenue management. A good foundation course for hotel marketing and distribution.
By Daniele A R•
Mar 13, 2018
Review assignments by colleagues I believe is not the best way to learn and avaluate, teachers must do that, our grades must be given by teachers.
By Simone A•
Jul 09, 2017
Extremely informative. Wait for grades can sometimes be annoying.
Information delivered in a very clear and understandable manner.
By Jill F•
Oct 18, 2015
Subjects are not covered in depth but it's a comprehensive overview. Looking forward to the next courses in the specialization.
By Antonio V•
Jun 02, 2019
I think its great basic course .
Feedback on the coursework its too slow , however there is great content in it.
By Bhuban C U•
Sep 23, 2018
I am satisfied about this course and if you give me this opportunity to work with us.
Nov 04, 2019
The course is interesting and gives a good insight on basics for revenue management.
By Regina L•
May 28, 2018
Very Good - just needs a little update but otherwise highly recommended
By Ivan G L•
Feb 15, 2016
Very informative but the practice tests had some bugs in it.
By Simone L•
Jun 23, 2019
Very good course, maybe more multiple choice test.
By Goutham B•
Nov 02, 2015
Test review for this course
By Mascia M•
Jun 09, 2017
interesting and clear
By Ross M•
Sep 04, 2018
By Fabiana F d L•
Dec 23, 2015
In my humble opinion it is necessary to review some points in this module:
1) Video Content: Making more dynamic, switch between explanations and slides in full screen. Only explanations, it is very tiring to attend the classes. The video would be ideal as shown in week 4 of this Mooc: How the hotel shouldnt work with Expedia? or video: How to hotel shouldnt work with Booking.com?
2) Analysis requested: In the first week the requested analysis was of a very high level, it required knowledge of financial analysis and hotel area. In my case, I felt much difficulty because I do not have any knowledge in the hotel industry. And analyzing the exercise, I realized it was necessary to have knowledge of financial ratios of profitability and a certain familiarity in the hotel industry. I left a comment on the discussion board stating that I was not feeling safe to do the exercise. However, there was no demonstration by the teachers of the course.
In short, I was not feeling prepared, let alone analyze colleagues. The first time, did not get the minimum score. The second time, with the longest time, I could better perform the exercise. But rather it was the result of review of financial ratios and other other accessories. I realized that those who examined me in the first and second time, had little or no idea about financial analysis. And another point that struck me was that one of the people who fell for me to analyze, was all in white and the person apologized for failing to do. With nothing to analyze, I did not think fair to give a low rating, so I preferred not to analyze. If the person left blank, something needs to be revised.
When mounting a course, you have to take into consideration that there are different levels of students: beginner, intermediate and advanced in the subject matter.
The first week was not to have been given is analysis. It could have been the third or fourth week of this Mooc, so it would have time for a further deepening of the matter addressed.
3) Amount of content: Adding the video, quiz and analysis, are about 30 content. It is very tiring and little time for such content. Could decrease the amount of video and quiz, relocating to another week course or Mooc.
4) Feedback: Teachers need to leave a contact way (facebook, twitter, etc.) and be active in Coursera forum or leave a wizard to ask questions when needed.
5) Notes: He missed the weight of the notes. I found a little confusing the allocation of notes.
6) Curriculum: Missed curriculum (biography) of teachers. No contact information.
7) Books: Missed suggestions of books in the hotel industry.
Anyway, these are only observed points in order to contribute to development of course. Thanks for listening.
By Alessandro C•
Feb 14, 2016
Great content- videos and assignments were fantastic.
Little partecipation and interaction with staff and other partecipants makes the course lose a lot of its attractiveness- most of the concepts are not rocket science and one would really benefit from confrontation with other students.
Dec 03, 2015
this course was not unto the standard i even completed all the assignment i did not pass one and still i got time to redo the assignment and submitted and never got the grade back for it..
By Alesya S•
Feb 05, 2016
Jumping through the abbreviations, sometimes forgetting to mention what it is at all. Also the second professor was to difficult to u
By Mario P•
May 28, 2019
I find the course very basic.