Back to How Computers Work

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Computers Work by University of London

Computers are everywhere, they aren't just the desktops and laptops we use for work but the phones in our pockets and even the watches on our wrists are also computers. You probably use a computer every day and in fact you are reading this on a computer! Just because we use computers all the time, doesn't mean that we understand them, or find them easy to use. Computer Science is the science of computers, it is the field of knowledge that experts use to understand computer systems. Knowing a little computer science will help you understand the computers all around you. This isn't a how-to course for a particular piece of software, instead you will learn some fundamental concepts that you can apply to any software or computer system. You'll apply these concepts to the kind of computer systems we use every day, including word processing applications, e-commerce, the internet and web sites. You will learn how to apply computer science concepts to solve problems in daily computer use and generally be a better computer user. Taking this course could be the start of your career in computer science, and the course is an introduction to the Bachelors in Computer Science from University of London, but it is also for you if you just want to learn a little computer science to help you better understand the computers you use in your ordinary life....

JJ
Sep 24, 2020

Good Course for a person who is not in the field of computer science and who wants to get deep knowledge in computer science.Thank You the University of London for that wonderful course.

DM
Oct 11, 2019

A great course. Although I have come from a background in website development, I still picked up many useful tips and information about the fundamentals of computers and how they work.

26 - 50 of 91 Reviews for How Computers Work

By Sylvana F

Nov 7, 2020

I am so glad I took this course. It taught me so much and it gave me the confidence I needed to seriously change careers. I loved it!

By SANTHYA M

Sep 22, 2020

It was sooo nice. It I clude basic level and some advance level tooo. Goood course. I would recommend everyone to take up this course

By Kevin G S

Jan 28, 2020

Clear and concise introduction about how computers work. I really liked the focus on abstraction and security.

By TUSUBIRA E

Oct 28, 2020

It is a Good Course so far for the beginners in the World of Computer Science & in the World of Technology..

By Kolawole A Y

May 22, 2020

It was a wonderful experience..i really appreciate COURSERA Teams for bringing this together for us

By Izhar U H

Nov 22, 2019

One of the great course(s) learning about computer. It is like Welcome to the digital world.

By Kitija O

Aug 5, 2020

a nice course to take for rainy days to understand a bit better the world that we live in.

By Banke O

Sep 10, 2019

I loved the way the instructor explained it. Straight to the point and easy to understand.

By aayan z

Mar 19, 2020

it is really interesting and I really recommend it to learn about how computers works

By Miguel A T

Jun 26, 2020

Great course to learn a glimpse of what Computer Science and network is about.

By Amanda J

Helpful course for understanding fundamental principles of computer science.

By Cheloti E M

Nov 10, 2020

This course was wonderful, a great eye-opener into computer science.

By Patrick Z

Aug 12, 2020

Great course to get an understand of how computers work.

By Jake H

Aug 14, 2020

Superb! Really enjoyed it. Marco was excellent! Thanks.

By M. A

i understood well of the great professor marco gillies.

By Mahmoud H

Jun 27, 2019

A very concise explanation of how a computer works

By Mohsin S

Sep 22, 2020

It was an amazing experience, and I learnt a lot.

By Nazerke

Jul 22, 2020

Gave me better understanding, good for beginners

By Jose U d S J

Mar 7, 2019

Very Nice, I really enjoyed and learned a lot!

By Jose A R H

Nov 20, 2019

Interesting overview of how computers work

By Hrushikesh T

Mar 7, 2019

Best Computer science course for beginner.

By Abdul B B

Jun 15, 2020

Covers all the basic of computers.

By Devendra D

Oct 1, 2020

This is great but it is too short

By Atul T

Apr 17, 2020

Excellent course for beginners.

By Kapa A K