Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

C

Oct 28, 2018

The course was simple and easy to follow! I enjoyed Professor Bloomfield's teaching very much! I definitely would recommend it for anyone who is curious about the basic principles of science!

WY

Jun 22, 2017

Great introduction to Physics. I use the concepts taught in this course frequently in everyday life. Professor Bloomfield explains concepts very clearly without getting overly mathematical.

126 - 150 of 254 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By Jan V

Nov 15, 2015

Hi Lou,

thanks for the course. I have really enjoyed it and looking forward to season 2. My suggestion how to make the course even better - please provide correct answers with explanations to quizzes.

Thanks again and greetings from the Czech republic!

By Ori R

Jan 30, 2016

Very good for a basic understanding!

By Likhitha B

Nov 14, 2015

Professor Bloomfield ignites the love for Physics sparking curiosity to comprehend on how the world around u is working... Am pleasured to have had this opportunity to listen to his lectures. Am indeed indebted to you Professor.

By Евгения

Sep 13, 2016

That was really interesting!

By Seungyun K

Aug 24, 2015

thank you for the amazing course!

By sanhita

Aug 30, 2015

best...

By Herman Y

Jan 03, 2016

very good course

By Emily Y Z

Dec 27, 2015

It's a very interesting class with a nice professor!

By 刘蕤箫

Sep 09, 2015

The course was pretty cool. The professor is quite funny, I have to say, this series of study has been one of my most interesting experience, this course turned what seems to be mysterious physicist's word and concept in to our everyday experience, and these wonderful experience plus a little computer edit then give you a complete new feeling of study that you can't have from ordinary schools. Thank you, Louis, it's a lovely course..

By Nanci A

Oct 09, 2015

What a wonderful class! The instructor, Louis Bloomfield, made so many concepts of physics understandable. His continual use of visual aids and moving objects was extremely helpful. The class was both fun and challenging. The quizzes are not simple; you really have to think about what you were taught and apply the concepts to new situations, but they were fair and achievable. I had never taken a physic class before and am so glad that I chose this one! I highly recommend it.

By Ye J

Feb 11, 2016

I love it!

By Bella N

Oct 09, 2017

like this course!

By Laura M

Aug 07, 2017

amo al profesor, lástima que no pudiera seguir con esta serie de cursos pues aclaró muchas confusiones que tenía respecto a la cinemática.

By Rithvik T

Mar 11, 2017

Thank you sir for making physics so much more enjoyable and hands on, whilst teaching the same basic important concepts.

By Pui W W

Jun 21, 2018

Very informative and lectures are engaging!

By Djobia P

Dec 17, 2016

This course has been Really interesting, and Helpful. It seriously helped understanding how things around us work and why they work the way they do!

By Jency S P

Jul 17, 2017

Really this course is worth for every physicist to get to now about working of things in day to day life

By Kai E

Sep 21, 2015

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Guy D

Sep 01, 2015

Wow!

By Scott W B

Apr 18, 2016

Boring and simplistic. But hey I should have expected that.

By Hannah H

Jun 14, 2017

Great course for learning the basic concepts.

By David P

Dec 15, 2015

Fantastic, I never took a physics course when I was getting my undergrad degree. This course has been great in helping me to understand "how things work". It was really well put together and easy to understand.

By Avon W

Oct 02, 2016

Great Course!

It's actually a lot of fun give it a try!

By Ojo o J

Aug 30, 2015

Its helps to understand how things really works and know how to find a solution when stuck doing your normal thing.

By Geozel V E W

Jul 04, 2017

A must course to take! Learning How Things Work is a fun experience!