Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

AV

It is a fabulous course.During the Entire Course I feel A Great Enthusiasm in my own.I loved this course..Thanks to profesor Louis A. Bloomfield & University of Virginia For there great contribution.

HR

Excellent Course for someone who seeks to learn Physics and its applications. Professor Bloomfield is Exceptional as he explains concepts with practical examples. Definitely a highly worthy course!!!

126 - 150 of 607 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By Dr. M S

Sep 22, 2020

Thanks for your kindness Teacher, rector and University of Virginia. Your lecture instructions, demonstrations, idea, quizzes are very interesting and very helpful for us in studying fundamental of physics. Thanks teacher.

By Raven S

Apr 25, 2020

Very exciting and interesting way to learn about Physics. I loved every second of this course. Lou you have a special gift, and I am so glad I was able to experience Physics in this way! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

By Jayalathge H A

Aug 23, 2020

I am Hiruni Amanjalee who was end of the course succesfully...I learned more and more and i am sure i build up my knowlege.can you collect sinhala mediam (sri lakan languge) for translet.Thank you sir again and agin!!!

By MD. M H

Jul 20, 2020

I am so happy by enrolling in this course. "How Things Work" course is inspiring me on how to look around the world as well as in Physics. Though I am a student of Applied Physics, it clarifies my lack of physics also.

By Bhav B

Jul 29, 2020

A very very nice course for learning basic and fundamental concepts of mechanical physics and very good course for students of class 11 to clear their concepts through live demonstrations and one of the best teachers

By John

Nov 08, 2015

Excellent course! Make the physics of everyday objects understandable. Concepts that I have struggled with for years, such as why all objects fall at the same rate under gravity were made obvious. Highly recommended.

By Rolando M V

Feb 06, 2020

El Profesor es increíblemente especifico al poner ejemplos de la vida cotidiana que te ayudan a entender la física del movimiento. Ayuda mucho a los que no tenemos un conocimiento tan profundo de las leyes físicas.

By Raghad A

Jan 31, 2016

best course ever with the best professor who explains clearly and gives various examples and applies his concepts. really enjoyed his course and made me love and enjoy physics so muvh.. Thank youu for your effort

By David P

Dec 15, 2015

Fantastic, I never took a physics course when I was getting my undergrad degree. This course has been great in helping me to understand "how things work". It was really well put together and easy to understand.

By Julien E

Aug 18, 2018

Great course! I am 50 today and I had about forgotten all my college education in mechanical physics. Prof Lou is a fantastic teacher! I love his enthousiam and his teaching skills!

I highly recommend this course

By David F

Jul 09, 2020

Great and very informative course about some basic physics concepts! Professor Bloomfield is extremely passionate and makes it all very engaging. Would definitely recommend it for anyone interested in physics.

By Vrinda S

Apr 04, 2020

Thank you so much for this wonderful course! The way you explained things with examples was really insightful and helped me in understanding many concepts and how they are relevant to us in our everyday lives.

By Marco P

Mar 07, 2017

A very good course, it was interesant and i liked it very much. You always have fun with a teacher like Lou. He always is doing experiments and explains the course very well and the assesments are pretty easy.

By Alice O

Jun 30, 2020

This course is great for familiarizing yourself with mechanical physics or brushing up on your knowledge, if it's been a while. The explanations are easy to understand and are accompanied by many experiments!

By Chad B

May 15, 2020

I absolutely love Lou's energy and enthusiasm. The time flew by and it was nice to see a different perspective on many concepts. Very well done and thanks for putting your time into this. Much appreciated!

By Sam L

Apr 17, 2017

Great course! Love the videos - the professor is great and really understands the material. I love his presentation, as he keeps it fun and interesting and most importantly - engaging.

10/10 would take again

By Rubaya H

Jun 29, 2020

This course was really helpful and fun to learn. I hope later we will get to know the explanations of the answers in the graded quiz only after passing. Otherwise, I don't know why my answer was incorrect.

By HARSH R

Quite an informative course. I loved the way of explanation and the enthusiasm of Prof. Louis A. Bloomfield. You were great sir, throughout the course. I hope you will come up with the next part very soon.

By Nicola R

Mar 23, 2020

Prof. "Lou" is terrific at making Physics fun and interesting, laughing and joking, getting involved creating funny situations and offering practical examples that are easy to understand. This is Physics!

By Cara M

Mar 07, 2016

Well presented mix of real world examples used to convey fundamental concepts. The program was challenging and thought-provoking. I took the course to prepare for later Coursera programs. Thanks Dr. B.

By Arjun K

Jun 28, 2020

This course is extravagantly excellent!

In this course you will be able to apply all theorotical knowledge in your practicle life not only in physics but almost every part of your learned theory : )

By Dr.Jitendra K

Jun 27, 2020

tremendous efforts done by the Professor, not only for students but also for the parent who really wish to impart the practical knowledge of basics of physics to their children!!!

Thanks a lot.

By Miha M

Sep 18, 2015

A brilliant teacher makes a course easy, makes you wish learning his lessons without too much effort from your side, this being the case here, I really enjoy this course and I find it useful.

By RAJESH P G

May 08, 2020

Thank you Prof Bloomfield for explaining the basic concepts of physics very clearly in a planned and systematic way. We are very eager to learn from you on other topics of physics as well.

By Jasmine P

It makes things easier to understand and to love physics concepts more and gives us new ideas for understanding how things works around us ,thank you sir for making PHYSICS much easier.