Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

C

Oct 28, 2018

The course was simple and easy to follow! I enjoyed Professor Bloomfield's teaching very much! I definitely would recommend it for anyone who is curious about the basic principles of science!

MM

Sep 18, 2015

A brilliant teacher makes a course easy, makes you wish learning his lessons without too much effort from your side, this being the case here, I really enjoy this course and I find it useful.

151 - 175 of 257 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By Claudio M

Oct 23, 2016

Pense que este curso estaba en español, por eso lo abandoné, disculpen las molestias.

By Nguyen M

Aug 19, 2017

One word: Awesome!

By Sam L

Apr 17, 2017

Great course! Love the videos - the professor is great and really understands the material. I love his presentation, as he keeps it fun and interesting and most importantly - engaging.

10/10 would take again

By Pratham S

Aug 28, 2017

This is an amazing course with fundamental details towards physics and on How Things Work! It helps you learn how to use Physics in Daily Day-to-day lives and it sure did help me on my skills towards Physics and in Science. Along with that, there is a great and funny professor, who teaches you about Physics and in How Things Work!

By Denis J G

Oct 31, 2015

Excelente

By AASAN

Nov 01, 2016

very interesting course

I like to learn new things and i like physics .Thanks all of you .

By Alexander R

Dec 12, 2015

ery nice, it's absolutely worth the time

By Dominika K

May 20, 2017

What the course really focuses on is understanding of physics. I like this idea because I feel overwhelmed by calculations at school.

By Jency S P

Jul 17, 2017

Really this course is worth for every physicist to get to now about working of things in day to day life

By Miguel M

Sep 29, 2016

Very, very interesting!!!

By Radeya V R

Sep 04, 2017

Thanks for being so clear with the topics exposed here and for being so dedicated so that you could find excelent phenomena for catching people interest.

By Dev B

Jan 07, 2017

Too good....actually I am 14 and I have a great interest in Physics...I really fell in love with this course...The explanation, experiments are really appreciable..

By John P B

Nov 06, 2016

It was an awesome course- I learned so much! Thank You.

By Paolo F

Dec 30, 2017

A uniqe opportunity for people who do not have science / engineering backgrounds to understand basic physics concepts.

Prof. Bloomfield is amazing in explaining supposedly complicated topics with absolute clarity and passion.

One of the best course I have ever taken. Look forward to part 2!

By 魏泽宇

Jun 27, 2016

很好,很实用.

By Rebecca H

Nov 11, 2016

Loved it. Louis is a wonderfully calm, patient, humourous and knowledgeable teacher - he knows how to present the information so that even complete novices like myself can understand everything. I 100% recommend this course!

By John S

Feb 12, 2018

thank you Lou. I really loved to learned physics with you. i hope you'll make other courses, and i'll be glad to participate once again :) thanks john

By Jeanette O

Oct 23, 2017

This course is a great introduction to the laws of motion, particularly for individuals without much math background or with rusty math skills. The content is well structured, and Dr. Bloomfield's use of relatable, real world examples facilitates learning of the concepts, which one starts to notice and think about in every day life. Further, Dr. Bloomfield's delivery is engaging and personable, making the videos enjoyable to watch. I would love to see the rest of How Things Work turned into online courses, and would definitely enroll in them.

By Andrew E D

Oct 19, 2017

For people starting out in physics who want to learn the physic concepts, jump right in! This course will help you get ready for a math intensive physics course after this.

By Briston P

May 13, 2017

Loved the teacher, he was very enthusiastic!

By Dante E P M

Apr 08, 2017

This is a great course, sometimes in the college you do not understand some things, some concepts that are easy but sometimes in school the proffesors are not able to communicate the idea.

I will recommend this course to all people who enjoy to learn how things work.

Sorry about my English

By Jan R S

Dec 09, 2015

I wouldnt want it any other way. Im in week 2 so far, and while I have some questions wrong occaisonally, thats mostly because I get confused with the words since im not a native english speaker (and a guy that thinks in weird, complicated ways) .

The Professor takes his time, gives many, thought out and easygoing examples and seems to really enjoy what hes doing. He wants you to learn, he wants you to know, he even wants you to have fun and hes does everything in his power to make you really get a feel for physics and its basic concepts.

This is learning of the future right here, online, for everyone.

Thank you so much for putting this up!

By Haya A A

Dec 12, 2015

amazing course that makes physics really easy :)

By 郑炳睿

Feb 01, 2016

非常棒!

By Maestro S

Dec 09, 2016

amazing course, i cant even describe it! amazing professor, i wish you are my teacher till the end of time.