Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

HR

Excellent Course for someone who seeks to learn Physics and its applications. Professor Bloomfield is Exceptional as he explains concepts with practical examples. Definitely a highly worthy course!!!

AV

It is a fabulous course.During the Entire Course I feel A Great Enthusiasm in my own.I loved this course..Thanks to profesor Louis A. Bloomfield & University of Virginia For there great contribution.

101 - 125 of 563 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By Sk S I

Jul 21, 2020

The course materials are easy and entertaining, especially the theories fed through the use of daily equipments. Its a really entertaing course.

A lot of respect for you Prof.Lou Bloom Field . I have revised majority of theoritical basic within 8 week

By Jan V

Nov 15, 2015

Hi Lou,

thanks for the course. I have really enjoyed it and looking forward to season 2. My suggestion how to make the course even better - please provide correct answers with explanations to quizzes.

Thanks again and greetings from the Czech republic!

By s v v

Jun 24, 2020

It was fantastic experience of learning the method of teaching to the students. My dream is to be a good teacher in Physics to teach the students in an interesting way, Prof. Bloomfield made my interests ignited. Thank God for this wonderful course.

By Kunal C

May 08, 2020

Dear Sir, This course helps me a lot to understand the basics of Physics which is useful in everyday life. I earn a great concept of fundamentals of Physics from this course. It will be helpful for students from class 8 to even graduates in Physics.

By Samarth A

Nov 25, 2015

Love this course ! Be it for beginners or for people who want to brush up on the basics I think you are at the right place to learn how simple everyday things work !!

The lecturer is just amazing and I have already learnt so much from this course.

By Esther M

Jul 23, 2018

The instructor does a great job of explaining physical concepts without using much math. It allows the student to learn how things work without getting side-tracked by math issues. It's a good course. Easy to understand, but not simplistic.

By John R D H

May 14, 2020

I am not a Physics type of person but I enjoyed this course very well. I learned a lot of things and a great advantage for me as a teacher. Coursera gave me opportunities to grow and be someone who is knowledgeable to my peers. Thanks a lot.

By yucel o

Aug 25, 2015

It's really great program to understand environment which surround us and performance of the professor is quite remarkable sample for other professors for their approach to their students while teaching so complex issues like these are .. :D

By Ledvin J G V

Jul 26, 2020

It is a good intoductory course, it explains physical concepts in a creative way whith a lot of questions and a bunch of examples and demostrations. It is not extremelly basic neither too complicated, good instructor and good video quality.

By Remly J

Apr 28, 2020

The professor was great, everything was broken down into its constituent parts for easy of digestion and slowly worked up to the coherent whole, the work was also set out so I could visualize what was being said. Just sad there isn't a 2nd.

By charan k C

Sep 12, 2016

this is a beautiful course every one has to know because every person use these things in their daily life but this course helps you to know the science behind your application and enjoyed a lot and can visualize it in the practical life

By Charles R S

Aug 02, 2020

A great course, a hilarious professor, and I'd say a great introduction to the was physics work. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to get a base understanding of many physics components and how a lot of things work.

By Damon D

Mar 11, 2018

this class was a lot of fun. I have a hard time focusing in a typical classroom setting and find that I am almost unteachable, but some how this professor has found a way of keeping me focused, smiling and most importantly learning.

By Gaurav H C

Apr 26, 2020

This course was really good. It brush up our basics of mechanical physics. really helped me a lot. Thanks for designing such a good and informative course. i will suggest you should do season 2 and keep that too also free of cost.

By Rohith

Jun 21, 2020

A Great course that deals with physics which involves in our day-to-day lives. LouisBonofield work was extremely mind-blowing. We can see his hard work and passion for physics and teaching in the whole course. Waiting for part-2.

By Likhitha B

Nov 14, 2015

Professor Bloomfield ignites the love for Physics sparking curiosity to comprehend on how the world around u is working... Am pleasured to have had this opportunity to listen to his lectures. Am indeed indebted to you Professor.

By Anas F I

Aug 10, 2020

Such a good course. I was sceptical when I first enrolled and I thought that I have understood 'basic' physics, but turn out that's not really the case. Thank you Professor Bloomfield for showing me how physics should be taught.

By Maria S D P

Jul 13, 2020

This is a really informative and helpful course. I further easily understood Physics with Prof. Lou. I hope there are furthermore topics that he can discuss. He made physics a fun learning experience even it is just virtually.

By T V

May 15, 2020

Its a very good course and refreshed all the fundamental concepts. The explanation of each and every concept by Prof. Bloomfield is excellent. After the completion of this course, students will start loving the physics subject

By Rebecca H

Nov 11, 2016

Loved it. Louis is a wonderfully calm, patient, humourous and knowledgeable teacher - he knows how to present the information so that even complete novices like myself can understand everything. I 100% recommend this course!

By Raven S

Apr 25, 2020

Very exciting and interesting way to learn about Physics. I loved every second of this course. Lou you have a special gift, and I am so glad I was able to experience Physics in this way! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

By MD. M H

Jul 20, 2020

I am so happy by enrolling in this course. "How Things Work" course is inspiring me on how to look around the world as well as in Physics. Though I am a student of Applied Physics, it clarifies my lack of physics also.

By Bhav B

Jul 29, 2020

A very very nice course for learning basic and fundamental concepts of mechanical physics and very good course for students of class 11 to clear their concepts through live demonstrations and one of the best teachers

By John

Nov 08, 2015

Excellent course! Make the physics of everyday objects understandable. Concepts that I have struggled with for years, such as why all objects fall at the same rate under gravity were made obvious. Highly recommended.

By Rolando M V

Feb 06, 2020

El Profesor es increíblemente especifico al poner ejemplos de la vida cotidiana que te ayudan a entender la física del movimiento. Ayuda mucho a los que no tenemos un conocimiento tan profundo de las leyes físicas.