Back to HTML and CSS in depth

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML and CSS in depth by Meta

In this course, you’ll use software development tools like HTML to build attractive web pages that work well—and you’ll use structured semantic data to control how websites appear to the end user. You will then dive deeper into CSS by applying increasingly specific styling to various elements. You’ll learn to use Bootstrap’s grid system to create layouts and work with components and themes. Finally, you’ll explore debugging and learn how it can be utilized to banish common front-end errors. By the end of this course you will be able to: • Create a simple form with a responsive layout using HTML5 and CSS • Create a responsive layout using CSS • Create a UI using Bootstrap • Implement debugging tools This is a beginner course for learners who would like to prepare themselves for a career in front-end development. To succeed in this course, you do not need prior development experience, only basic internet navigation skills and an eagerness to get started with coding....

AN

Oct 4, 2022

Really cool course, the final assignement really pushes you over to develop your own website. The instructor gives a lot of content in a short span of time, it is good to go over it from time to time.

NY

Oct 31, 2022

The teachers were so marvelous and explanations were done to perfection. I enjoyed this course and I will recommend anyone who is interested in web development to take this course.

1 - 25 of 117 Reviews for HTML and CSS in depth

By Ahmed M

Sep 27, 2022

It has all the required info to start working with CSS and HTML efficient if you can spend some time practicing you will get most of the course

By Matthew M

Sep 13, 2022

Very good course to dive deeper into html semantics, , meta tags and their meanings, and all the ways we can use css

By Hot B

Sep 28, 2022

There is good amount of content in this course that is helpful. Unfortunately I find these courses not very useful from a pratical viewpoint. Luckily I have some HTML and CSS knowledge and was able to see this more of a refresher than an actual fresh learning experience. I think a lot of people new to HTML and CSS will find the course material to be not very thorough. I feel there needs to be a lot more practical exercises in labs and a better overall structure to the course. It really is all over the place... Coursera also needs to work on making the labs and especially the final peer-review project more user friendly (so many issues are been talked about in the forums).

By Samuel S

Sep 19, 2022

Really enjoyed this course. It covers quite a lot of important topics, such as forms, layouts, animations, and more!

By Osazee S I

Sep 12, 2022

Great course, goes in depth into the latest approaches and best practices in using HTML and CSS in web development.

By Csilla K

Nov 20, 2022

I

didn’t

get the confidence I

need to start applying

what I

learned

. I wish we were able to practice after every lesson, instead of 1 big assignment at

the end.

By Stephen A

Sep 17, 2022

A lot of information but I felt the explaination relating to each building block (each instruction) was missing. Hence I don't feel comfortable to use the expressions outside the examples given. Such a shame because CSS is so interactive (compared to other SW), so it is easy to show what every line of code does in practice.

By Mahmoud M

Sep 22, 2022

A valuable course, covers essential topics every front-end developer should be aware of. I like covering the accessibility(SEO), using semantic tags and covering advanced CSS topics. I recommend the course for everyone either beginner or have experiences in HTML and CSS. Good luck.

By Andre N

Oct 5, 2022

By Ndefru E

Nov 1, 2022

By Tony M

Sep 29, 2022

The overall I liked course , the teaching tyle is amazing. I think the course only needs more exercices...

By Laya A

Jan 13, 2023

I had already a good grasp of HTML & CSS when I took the course. The HTML section still had some interesting new stuff to offer. The CSS part, however, is unfortunately not very comprehensive. There's no mention of Bootstrap and Responsiveness, which are crucial in UI design. There's also not enough explanation and practice about layouts which are super confusing. Like other Meta courses, there's lots of TALKING ABOUT the code, rather than actually WRITING it and WITNESSING how it changes the end result.

Take another CSS course after this.

By Logan D

Jan 4, 2023

This course is informative but not all inclusive. I found myself having to search outside of the course for the information I needed quite often. There is no way get the help from a teacher. Some of the lessons feel extremely rushed and for a course that is titled 'HTML and CSS in depth' I feel like there should have been much more depth to the course.

By Mallory B

Jan 23, 2023

A lot of content is not up to date or differenciating within the course. Also it runs through content without properly explaining. You're better off googling what you want to learn and come back only for the diploma.

Oct 16, 2022

The videos are fine, and the instructor did a good job. I think the course falls short on the peer-graded assignment part.

By Ouakani A

Oct 14, 2022

I would not recommand this course for an HTML and CSS beginner, the pace is very fast it feels like reciting

Im an absolut beginner i have taken many different courses online for HTML and CSS and this is quiet fast

By Daniel S P

Dec 27, 2022

Full of bugs. SHAME !!!

By Bernard D R

Dec 10, 2022

A great introduction to web design and development. The best fundamental course necessary in order to become a front-end developer. I learned a lot in this course. Even though I have already knowledge in HTML and CSS, I still find this course useful with lots of new contents and updated topics that I haven't studied before.

However, I think this course needs to be much comprehensive. I'm hoping that they discussed the CSS Grid, Flexbox in more detail and provide more sample web layouts so we can easily grasp it. Also, I expected that the topic on media queries and responsive web design will be discussed in great detail. Thus, the CSS Animations has been tackled only briefly and it is understandable since this is a big topic.

Hence, there are many resources online that helped me finish my final project and part of being a developer is to do research and study of your own.

With this course, I improved my coding skills. Great work, Meta! 5 stars!

By Alberto V Q

Oct 10, 2022

Fascinating topics as I have never thought about front-end development in this way, for me it has always been some requirement that has to be covered until now. This course helped me make sense of HTML and CSS even more and understand the general paradigms and procedures that must be followed for a correct web development process as well as good user-experience results and general heuristics. I think every serious web developer should take this course. Also, the video lessons are very enjoyable.

By Bello S

Nov 9, 2022

This course is really in dept!

It was an amazing and thorough journey through the world of HTML and CSS. I have learned a lot in this course.

Big shout out to the Instructor, Meta and Coursera for this wonderful course.

By Joseph T

Dec 9, 2022

This course was very informative and helpful. The peer-review assignment at the end is a great way to put your skills to the test and also see how other people approach similar tasks which can aid your learning.

By Abhinendra P S

Dec 13, 2022

Great course, it'll definitely move you via your in-depth of CSS and HTML,many college students are lagging in flex and grid ideas in reality clean the one's concepts

By Mudassar H

Dec 5, 2022

It was a great and in-depth course. I think the one who experienced developers should also take this course, 100% you gonna know a lot of new in-depth stuff.

By Dale H

Nov 13, 2022

Learnt so much from this course and really enjoyed it! It was taught well and went into depth on each subject and explained the reason behind everything.

By Gediminas M

Jan 29, 2023

Good, still I missed more explanation on flex and grid layouts. Cheat sheets are good, but more complex explanations in videos could've been better.