Back to Human-Centered Design: an Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Human-Centered Design: an Introduction by University of California San Diego

In this course, you will learn how to design technologies that bring people joy, rather than frustration. You'll learn several techniques for rapidly prototyping (such as Wizard of Oz Prototyping) and evaluating multiple interface alternatives -- and why rapid prototyping and comparative evaluation are essential to excellent interaction design. You'll learn how to conduct fieldwork with people to help you get design ideas. How to make paper prototypes and low-fidelity mock-ups that are interactive -- and how to use these designs to get feedback from other stakeholders like your teammates, clients, and users. Armed with these design-thinking strategies, you’ll be able to do more creative human-centered design in any domain. This is the first course offered in the interaction design specialization series. Browse through previous capstone projects for some inspiration here: https://medium.com/capstone-projects/capstone-projects-2019-abc67d3f6f26...

SM

Feb 28, 2018

This course sustained my interest throughout the videos with lots of practical information and good pacing. I found the assignments to be challenging and fun to do. Really enjoying this course.

GS

May 16, 2017

I really recommend this course. Even for who is already working as a professional designer. I have 16+ years of experience and still got a lot of good insights on how to improve my workflow.

26 - 50 of 379 Reviews for Human-Centered Design: an Introduction

By Francesco D S

Jan 08, 2019

not very technical, but still very interesting. I found very soon a use in my current job for the notions learned in this class. Especially the "Ten Design Heuristics" that I was able to integrate straight away in a project I'm workin on

By Aleksey I

Dec 09, 2018

Thank you very much for the capacious and interesting course!

By mukul i

Sep 25, 2018

Simply awesome course that helps develop the mindset.Love it,

By Caroline V

Sep 26, 2018

Very good, interesting and easy to understand course.

By Leo

Sep 12, 2018

A good course for beginer.tell some frame about design.

But I need more details, more examples,more discription.

Howvevr,I will go on to learn this specification.

By Ryan D J

Sep 15, 2018

Really enjoyed it. I had a lot of my own observations and discoveries of what work in design confirmed and solidified by his instructions. I do wish there was a way to ask Scott Klemmer questions, and that Coursera would have an algorithm to bubble up the 10 or 20 questions asked questions he could respond to and post his answers on this certificate program. If there is such a page, I didn't see it.

By 宋昭璐

Aug 15, 2018

It is a wonderful course and I really have learned a lot from it. It is not very hard to understand for me as a new learner!

By Shahriar S E

Oct 16, 2018

A really well thought out course that takes the learner from the first steps of human-centered design.

By John B S

Oct 16, 2018

well done

By Santiago B

Oct 15, 2018

Great material, very useful concepts to recall and learn, definitively will help to start improving the design process

By Saransh

Oct 20, 2018

nice

By MAKSIM S

Oct 19, 2018

Super course

By Eva

Oct 25, 2018

The course is very complete as an introduction, it gives us all the necessary bases through practical exercises.

By Ahmed A E H

Oct 26, 2018

Good

By Ankit K S

Oct 28, 2018

NICE

By Regulus R

Oct 29, 2018

Great course, lots of stuff to learn. The only problem is too many students did not take the assignments seriously. I felt like wasting time giving them 0s which made me very mad. Every 2 out of 3 peer reviews I will have to give almost all 0s. All of these students who do not take assignments seriously are from the one same country. Hope they will improve in the future instead of making their peers more disappointed of them.

By Danielle K

Nov 06, 2018

Great introduction course!

By raffaella i

Jun 13, 2016

very interesting

By Yash M

Aug 07, 2016

A great introduction to Design, for newbies as well as people with experience. The way the professor introduces us to Design is so gradual that you don't feel as if it's a new area of study. It also sets the tone for the rest of the courses in the Interaction Design Specialisation.

By Shambavi M

Jul 09, 2016

Great course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Denes H

Nov 01, 2016

Excellent intro course, motivating and gets the specialization going

By Tomasz R

Aug 17, 2015

Course provides a lot of "real" examples that helped me understand principles. I recommend it to all who want to learn how to create a tool for users.

By Tanvir H

Sep 08, 2016

The lectures were great. While some people complained that "the instructor is reading off something else" that never seemed to be a problem. Mr. Klemmer did a good job of making the lectures friendly and understandable. The best part of the course was the assignments. I loved how I actually had to go to people and interview them, draw storyboards of ideas I have and heuristically evaluate sites. The assignments made sure I was actually engaged in doing them. One thing I would suggest is to try different motifs for different sessions. It seems that students always work with a "transportation problem" in this course. That can be mixed up from time to time I think to give the students a more diversified experience of Human Centered Design.

By hsu y

Dec 28, 2016

Learn a lot about how to get start of design or create a product.

By Erik C U S

Feb 09, 2016

Buen curso, ayuda a orientarnos por el camino correcto hacia un buena interacción.