Back to Human-Centered Design: an Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Human-Centered Design: an Introduction by University of California San Diego

In this course, you will learn how to design technologies that bring people joy, rather than frustration. You'll learn several techniques for rapidly prototyping (such as Wizard of Oz Prototyping) and evaluating multiple interface alternatives -- and why rapid prototyping and comparative evaluation are essential to excellent interaction design. You'll learn how to conduct fieldwork with people to help you get design ideas. How to make paper prototypes and low-fidelity mock-ups that are interactive -- and how to use these designs to get feedback from other stakeholders like your teammates, clients, and users. Armed with these design-thinking strategies, you’ll be able to do more creative human-centered design in any domain. This is the first course offered in the interaction design specialization series. Browse through previous capstone projects for some inspiration here: https://medium.com/capstone-projects/capstone-projects-2019-abc67d3f6f26...

SM

Feb 28, 2018

This course sustained my interest throughout the videos with lots of practical information and good pacing. I found the assignments to be challenging and fun to do. Really enjoying this course.

GS

May 16, 2017

I really recommend this course. Even for who is already working as a professional designer. I have 16+ years of experience and still got a lot of good insights on how to improve my workflow.

51 - 75 of 381 Reviews for Human-Centered Design: an Introduction

By Milutin P

Feb 17, 2016

Great course. A lot of practical knowledge is shared and staff is really quick and helpful to respond. I've learned much more than I expected (given that it is the first course in the specialization).

The wording when assignments are given should be better, to make it clear what exactly is required from a student, especially when it comes to things that are going to be considered in grading.

By AKSHAY N

Feb 24, 2016

It was a great course! The best thing was the practical activities. Learnt a lot about various ways in which user interface is thought and optimized.

By Ana C

Feb 24, 2016

A great way to learn how to focus on what really matters for starting a design project! :)

By Porfirio L C

May 18, 2016

Learnt a lot.

By William J K

Jun 12, 2016

Very well-taught, and the exercises supported the didactic teaching. I wish the next course in the specialization started today!

By DiannaL

Jul 08, 2018

I learned many actionable and useful ideas on how to increase the usability of the screens that I design for elearning.

By Guillermo D A

Dec 07, 2016

Excellent Course!

By Maisam A

Oct 29, 2017

Best introductory course for UI/UX lovers. I learned lot of new things and concepts.

By Iratuã J

Dec 31, 2015

Um material bem elaborado.

Gostei da didática e do material de apoio.

By Sergio P

Feb 12, 2018

Great course. The course is very clear and well explained thanks to the way Scott displays the content and the examples he gives. Peer assignments also helps to find out the way other people is processing the same content.

By Tamella H

Sep 06, 2017

Very informative course with a lot of practical work. Great start for people who are interested in HCI.

By Maria C A B

Jan 24, 2018

The material is clear and relevant. I highly recommend this course

By Maria G P

Nov 10, 2015

Excellent! so useful to my current project!.. i have learned a lot.

By Andre

Jul 24, 2016

This entire series has been fantastic! I'm making a career change right now - going into UX Design - and I really believe that I would not have been able to do so without this course. Given a week to redesign an app to get into a vocational school's career training program, I was only able to do so thanks largely in part to the materials found in these lectures.

Suggestion:

Could it be made possible to unlock videos ahead of the weekly schedule for people like me who are (mostly) auditing the course? It would be really helpful if one is under time pressure and needs access to material, like how to do 'need finding,' to be able to jump ahead to that lecture.

Thank you all for making this great course! Truly, this age is nothing short of a new renaissance.

By Liang S

Jan 17, 2016

Great material to learn basic concepts of UX!

By Guilherme S

May 16, 2017

By Juozas

Jul 08, 2017

There are sub delays in some of videos.

I did like content, planing to compete whole specialization.

By Shiva P L

Mar 11, 2016

best course

By hsu y

Dec 28, 2016

Learn a lot about how to get start of design or create a product.

By Erik C U S

Feb 09, 2016

Buen curso, ayuda a orientarnos por el camino correcto hacia un buena interacción.

By Dave G

Jan 26, 2016

I really enjoyed the overview of this survey. The bibliography was awesome!

By Tomasz R

Aug 17, 2015

Course provides a lot of "real" examples that helped me understand principles. I recommend it to all who want to learn how to create a tool for users.

By Guanling F

Aug 14, 2016

Very good for beginners

By Tanvir H

Sep 08, 2016

The lectures were great. While some people complained that "the instructor is reading off something else" that never seemed to be a problem. Mr. Klemmer did a good job of making the lectures friendly and understandable. The best part of the course was the assignments. I loved how I actually had to go to people and interview them, draw storyboards of ideas I have and heuristically evaluate sites. The assignments made sure I was actually engaged in doing them. One thing I would suggest is to try different motifs for different sessions. It seems that students always work with a "transportation problem" in this course. That can be mixed up from time to time I think to give the students a more diversified experience of Human Centered Design.

By Ajay C

Oct 28, 2017

The course is clear and concise. Provides useful information on heuristics principles, applications and usage.