Back to Human-Centered Design: an Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Human-Centered Design: an Introduction by University of California San Diego

In this course, you will learn how to design technologies that bring people joy, rather than frustration. You'll learn several techniques for rapidly prototyping (such as Wizard of Oz Prototyping) and evaluating multiple interface alternatives -- and why rapid prototyping and comparative evaluation are essential to excellent interaction design. You'll learn how to conduct fieldwork with people to help you get design ideas. How to make paper prototypes and low-fidelity mock-ups that are interactive -- and how to use these designs to get feedback from other stakeholders like your teammates, clients, and users. Armed with these design-thinking strategies, you’ll be able to do more creative human-centered design in any domain. This is the first course offered in the interaction design specialization series. Browse through previous capstone projects for some inspiration here: https://medium.com/capstone-projects/capstone-projects-2019-abc67d3f6f26...

SM

Apr 11, 2020

I just loved this lesson! Lots of things to explore. A lot of hands-on experience. I am very pleased with the amount of theory and study that I have.\n\nI wish to thank UC San Diego & Scott Klemmer

SM

Feb 28, 2018

This course sustained my interest throughout the videos with lots of practical information and good pacing. I found the assignments to be challenging and fun to do. Really enjoying this course.

76 - 100 of 449 Reviews for Human-Centered Design: an Introduction

By S.M. J I

Jun 15, 2020

This is a very valuable course. I gained lots of information about Human-Centered Design . I recommend the course highly for the learners who want to be a user experience designer.

By Suganth R

Sep 07, 2016

This course is structured to simple reasoning and sound logic. The assignments were an excellent application of the course theory. Easily understandable and thoroughly interesting.

By Vishal K

Oct 04, 2019

Design is language to discuss with the end user for need finding and helping designing solution or system with user need or satisfaction, like sparking the joy of get things done.

By YILING

Sep 24, 2015

It gives well packaged compact materials (includes both high-level and down to implementation details) for beginners to understand basic and common used techniques in HCD process.

By Hrushikesh B

Sep 14, 2015

A wonderful course to understand various Usability concepts.

I thoroughly enjoyed the course along with all the assignments!

I will definitely recommend people to take this course.

By Mary G T G

Jun 28, 2019

So far the material is informative and definitely applicable to a professional setting. I'm really excited to continue this course and to receive me certificate of completion!

By Kara K

May 11, 2016

A very challenging and worthwhile course! The homework assignments took hours but taught me a lot. Highly recommended if you have the time and effort to commit to this course.

By Juan I R G

Jun 12, 2020

Amazing course and amazing teacher, I've learned a lot of things that I didn't know before, I highly recommend this course and looking forward to continue the specialization!

By Katharina P

Mar 11, 2020

great introduction into the field of human computer design and interaction! I gathered a good overview of important features you have to take care about when designing a GUI

By Javier S M

Jul 27, 2016

Really interesting. Only felt short in the submission corrections and peer valoration. There's room for improvement in that area. Other than that, I feel I've learned a lot.

By Kelly M

Jan 06, 2017

This course was very well designed and easy to follow. I would recommend it for anyone who is involved with the development of applications no matter what what their role.

By Harshavarthini R

Jun 17, 2020

Very insightful course with interesting assignments. I highly recommend this course and the rest of the specialization for anyone considering to get started in UX design.

By Farida E

Jan 01, 2019

Great course with full in-depth information for those wanting to earn skills in Human-Computer Interaction field! Absolutely loved the online course and the assignments!

By Jessie S

Apr 24, 2016

This was challenging, and gave a nice basis for the courses that followed. Spent easily twice as much time as the estimated given for the class. About 6-9 hours a week.

By Michele M

Jan 15, 2016

Good overall introduction to many areas of Interaction Design that are part of the specialization. I had to work harder in this course than for most other MOOC courses.

By Tiberiu

Aug 17, 2015

Quite an introduction! Scott is nice and you can understand each concept well. My recommendation: use discussion forum to read more about the information in the course.

By Sabrish P

Jun 07, 2017

This course is a great resource for anyone who's interested in Design Thinking! It's very comprehensive, and the assignments add a lot of value to the course itself.

By Saikiran T

Oct 01, 2016

Course is very informative and well taught by Scott Klemmer. Thank you so much Scott Klemmer or sharing all your knowledge and insights with us.

Regards

Saikiran Tati

By Clara R

Sep 07, 2017

The information is very useful and the assignments are challenging - in the sense that they are not very easy and that the learned theory is applied through them.

By Balaji B

Sep 11, 2016

The Course was well structured and it gave a good introduction to Interaction Design. The videos were short and informative. The Assignments were exciting to do.

By Leo

Sep 12, 2018

A good course for beginer.tell some frame about design.

But I need more details, more examples,more discription.

Howvevr,I will go on to learn this specification.

By George L M

Feb 09, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. It was much more I was expecting and I'm applying almost everything I learned to my day to day. Scott Klemmer is a great teacher.

By Chris H

Nov 27, 2018

This is a great introduction to the specialization and the field in general. I'd recommend this, even if you're not planning on completing the entire series.

By Manuel A O S

Jan 13, 2020

Una excelente forma de introducirse al diseño de experiencias de usuario. Lográ guiar de manera precisa a los estudiantes por los conceptos iniciales.

By Carl E

Jan 26, 2016

Great introduction, good videos and great use of peer review. Also discovered some very useful books to add even more background to my knowledge base.