Back to Human-Centered Design: an Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Human-Centered Design: an Introduction by University of California San Diego

In this course, you will learn how to design technologies that bring people joy, rather than frustration. You'll learn several techniques for rapidly prototyping (such as Wizard of Oz Prototyping) and evaluating multiple interface alternatives -- and why rapid prototyping and comparative evaluation are essential to excellent interaction design. You'll learn how to conduct fieldwork with people to help you get design ideas. How to make paper prototypes and low-fidelity mock-ups that are interactive -- and how to use these designs to get feedback from other stakeholders like your teammates, clients, and users. Armed with these design-thinking strategies, you’ll be able to do more creative human-centered design in any domain. This is the first course offered in the interaction design specialization series. Browse through previous capstone projects for some inspiration here: https://medium.com/capstone-projects/capstone-projects-2019-abc67d3f6f26...

SM
Apr 10, 2020

I just loved this lesson! Lots of things to explore. A lot of hands-on experience. I am very pleased with the amount of theory and study that I have.\n\nI wish to thank UC San Diego & Scott Klemmer

SM
Feb 27, 2018

This course sustained my interest throughout the videos with lots of practical information and good pacing. I found the assignments to be challenging and fun to do. Really enjoying this course.

176 - 200 of 482 Reviews for Human-Centered Design: an Introduction

By Nicol P

Oct 8, 2015

Información de calidad, informativa. Excelente experiencia del docente. Muchas herramientas de ayuda.

By Abeer Q

Nov 18, 2020

Scott has done a tremendous job of explaining the hard parts of UX so easily 100% beginner friendly

By Juozas

Jul 8, 2017

There are sub delays in some of videos.

I did like content, planing to compete whole specialization.

By Danielle C

Feb 27, 2020

Great course, great teacher! Gave me lots of background to start working on my portfolio projects.

By Julie D R

May 16, 2017

This was a great and enjoyable course and I found the pace manageable and the content informative.

By Andrea Y H

Jun 11, 2020

I enjoyed every aspect of it. The approach the lectures have is personal and easy to understand.

By Faisal S

Dec 27, 2018

I have been having a great experience using the materials offered by this course. Thanks a lot.

By James B

Nov 20, 2019

Great intro to human centered design, with good suggestions for resources for further learning

By Xinrui F

Sep 25, 2019

It is a really good course for me to learn about human computer interaction design! I love it!

By Lea M S

Sep 26, 2016

This course was fantastic! As all the Scott Klemmer courses I've taken have been (: thank you!

By Vinicio M

Mar 31, 2020

Excellent course! Changed my self-taught perspective on research, prototyping, and evaluation

By Najeep K M R K

Jul 10, 2017

A best place to learn a online course and to build your self confidence in the technology.

By Ana C

Feb 23, 2016

A great way to learn how to focus on what really matters for starting a design project! :)

By Ananth R

Aug 31, 2020

This course is a great introduction to design principles revolving around human subjects

By SUSAN

Jan 23, 2017

Great course and fun assignments. I've learned many great things throughout this course.

By Rita B

Apr 27, 2020

This is a great foundations course. Content is solid and the exercises are engaging.

By Nicholas D

Mar 20, 2020

It's great that you develop a portfolio piece as you go through the weeks assignments

By MD. I U

Apr 17, 2020

This is a really good course about Human-Computer Interaction. I'm really impressed.

By Maisam A

Oct 29, 2017

Best introductory course for UI/UX lovers. I learned lot of new things and concepts.

By Barnali

Jun 7, 2017

Its a very good start. One gets a basic understanding of how a product is designed.

By Enric M

Jun 8, 2020

The explanations ara very complete and useful.

Mr. Scott Klemmer is a good teacher!

By Ahmad A A

Feb 12, 2016

Amazing HCI starts here. I love the course and whole HCI experience thru and thru.

By Erik C U S

Feb 8, 2016

Buen curso, ayuda a orientarnos por el camino correcto hacia un buena interacción.

By Dave B

Apr 21, 2016

Great intro to HCD. The assignments were well thought out. Excellent instruction.

By Andrés

Jan 15, 2016

A very good introduction to the main themes any interaction designer has to know.