Back to The Importance of Listening

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Importance of Listening by Northwestern University

In this second MOOC in the Social Marketing Specialization - "The Importance of Listening" - you will go deep into the Big Data of social and gain a more complete picture of what can be learned from interactions on social sites. You will be amazed at just how much information can be extracted from a single post, picture, or video. In this MOOC, guest speakers from Social Gist, BroadReader, Lexalytics, Semantria, Radian6, and IBM's Bluemix and Social Media Analytics Tools (SMA) will join Professor Hlavac to take you through the full range of analytics tools and options available to you and how to get the most from them. The best part, most of them will be available to you through the MOOC for free! Those purchasing the MOOC will receive special tools, templates, and videos to enhance your learning experience. In completing this course you will develop a fuller understanding of the data and will be able to increase the effectiveness of your content strategy by making better decisions and spotting crises before they happen! MOOC 2 bonus content in the paid toolkit includes access to Semantria's analytics engine to extract some data on the markets you are developing and have it analyzed. As a student in this course, you are being provided the opportunity to access IBM Bluemix® platform-as-a-service trial for up to six months at no-charge with no credit card (up to a $1500 value). NOTE: By enrolling in this course, given access to IBM's Bluemix technology for one month for free as well as Lexalytics' Semantria tool. For those earning a Course Certificate, you will be given an additional five months of Bluemix and three months of Semantria at no cost with a special key code. By enrolling for a Course Certificate for this MOOC, you are acknowledging that your email will be shared with Lexalytics for the sole and express purpose of generating your individual key code. After the key code has been generated, Lexalytics will delete your email from its records. Additional MOOC 2 faculty include: * Steve Dodd (SVP Business Development, Effyis - dba BoardReader and Socialgist - Global Social Media Content Access) * Seth Redmore (CMO, Lexalytics, Inc.) * Chris Gruber (Social Media Analytics Solution Architect, IBM) * Russell Beardall (Cloud Architect, IBM) * Tom Collinger (Executive Director Spiegel Research Center and Senior Director Distance Learning, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern) * Tressie Lieberman (VP Digital Innovation, Taco Bell)...

WL

May 26, 2018

I am enjoying the journey. I anticipate being a better digital marketer than ever before. Thank you for helping me to be better all the way around: personally, academically, and professionally.

SJ

Apr 02, 2016

I love the real-world and practical examples given for social listening. I think the descriptions of exactly how the social listening tools actually work help me with getting my own work done.

126 - 150 of 229 Reviews for The Importance of Listening

By Ekaterina S

Jul 04, 2017

very informative with good insights and practical implications

By Ken W

Apr 24, 2017

Course provides a good overview of social media monitoring tools.

By Jane T

Dec 02, 2015

Much harder than MOOC 1, but I think I learned a little more, too, combined with the MOOC 1 experience. Good stuff!

By mike s

Jan 15, 2017

Totally worth the money and time (weekly 2-3 hours work). Wish I had even more time to further cement my social listening skills, but obviously I am doing this while I try to lead and manage my company, so it can be a little bit hard to balance. I am so glad to start this Social Media Marketing Certificate. 2 down and 4 more to go to complete the whole thing. I am so excited and pumped!

By Cristian G G

Feb 25, 2017

Although the course is not updated, since they launched in 2015, the information, the videos, and all the presentations, are super helpful and insightful

By Nicole P

Jun 28, 2016

I wish more companies would understand how important it is to listen to consumers versus just doing whatever they want. This MOOC is critical for business owners or anyone running social media accounts.

By Anjali B

Jan 18, 2016

Great course with lots of value addition

By Gabriel G

Feb 10, 2016

good

By James G

Jan 24, 2016

I though this course did a great job of introducing the idea of social listening and providing tools to implement it.

By Scott J W S

Oct 10, 2017

Excellent course that I will be able to utilize the social monitoring tools that I learned about right away in my business.

By Mohamed C

May 05, 2016

I discovered in this MOOC a wonderful course that gives a lot of capital tools, immediately usable and absolutely useful! Thank you all the creators and the participants of this MOOC for giving us such great chance to know how to listen people on social media.

By Frank B

Sep 08, 2016

Another excellent course in the series.

By ERICK A J M

Jan 04, 2016

Interesting

By Namaa A

Feb 16, 2016

This Mooc Offers some great tools and tips for all social media marketers or just enthusiasts out there, great thorough content will referenced and a great experience all together

By Megan N

Jul 17, 2018

The tools, insights and growth I got from this section was fantastic and has actually changed the way I approach my social media marketing for my business.

By Ehren M

Aug 20, 2018

It really provides in-depth information and helps you learn so much about the world of social media marketing.

By Fatunla A O

Sep 06, 2018

Extremely helpful!

By Ignacio M N

Jul 31, 2018

Excelente y práctico

By Jorge C

May 06, 2019

Enjoyed it a lot. Very useful tools and engaging videos.

By Michela M

Apr 23, 2019

case histories and actual firms and brands cases help a lost supporting the theory and the sturdies, the course was engaging and the assignment really challenging

By Efthimios K

May 21, 2019

After this course i first understand how to deal with social media practically.Thank you

By AMIN G

Jul 20, 2019

Very good and Focus on Target Market and how to findout what the consumers, influencers and companies are talking and which are the main topics about it.

By James-Anthony G

Aug 14, 2019

Randy and the team are brilliant. I am redoing this entire specialization to remain engaged with the content. Great work Randy and Northwestern!

By Erwin F R M